The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Blow Hard by Ryan Plunkett (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6782 Posts

Profile of videoman
Looks like a fun routine that’s off the beaten path. Has that nostalgia feel to it since many will remember this type of toy from their childhood and would be very believable as something that first got you interested in magic as the “floating” ball does seem magical to a child.

I think it would make a wonderful opener or middle trick in a parlor show. My only concern is that a coat may be required or at least may make this much easier to do.

Anyone have this or know anything about it beyond the ad copy and trailer?

https://magicshopsandiego.com/products/b......82263389
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
I have the same question. This is something right up my alley. I know what it takes to do silk to egg so I'm curious to know what misdirection and/or beats are created to pull this off smoothly. I may just have to pick this up.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3375 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Love It ! Great Idea I saw a clip on Youtube from the Blackpool Convention but not with the Egg addition Wow !
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2889 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I remember seeing that in a Blackpool video and thinking “That is SO funny!” . Googled “magic trick table tennis ball” for an hour and gave up. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, videoman!

Yeah I guess no dr€&pers of any kind are provided… a jacket seems almost a necessity, especially if you want the egg finale. But I might be wrong. Hope Ryan chimes in.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7604 Posts

Profile of RNK
Looks fun! I will be receiving it this weekend but will be on the road and won't be able to check it out until Sunday night.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1227 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Arrived as I was leaving for a work trip. Tossed it in my suitcase to take with me and give me something to do at the hotel.

Brilliant routine. Not exactly a lengthy routine, but it will suprise folks. Looks like Ryan uses it as a silent opener to his parlor show. The props are well packaged and designed and the beats are all covered perfectly. I had a sense of how he stole the heavy ball and I was correct, but the switch for the heavy ball to the egg is quite brilliant.

I am very happy with my purchase and look forward to working it into my show. Already thinking along the lines, of "while waiting in line for breakfast at Cracker Barrel the other day, I was roaming the gift shop and......"
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2889 Posts

Great to hear, Michael! How about clothing restrictions?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
What a brilliant piece of magic.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1227 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2024, The Unmasked Magician wrote:

A jacket or untucked shirt may help with one ditch, but no other clothing restrictions. No clothing restrictions for any loads or steals. Really well crafted.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
758 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Just came across this live edited performance from Kyle Marlett: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5UB-9SyZ......NWFlZA==
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2889 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 4, 2024, Michael Dustman wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2024, The Unmasked Magician wrote:

A jacket or untucked shirt may help with one ditch, but no other clothing restrictions. No clothing restrictions for any loads or steals. Really well crafted.

Thank you, Michael.
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
423 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Stellar piece of magic! It's novel and very easy to understand.
The price was $20 higher than I expected initially but it's totally
worth it. The packaging and the materials provided are all top notch.
The egg switch isn't really shown in the demo but it's very clean and
practical - Would likely fool you if you saw it live.

I ordered it with the extra box and balls and I'm glad I did because
I can see putting some wear and tear on the box - which again, Is very
beautifully designed.

Lovely effect and I'm grateful to Ryan and Magic Shop San Diego for sharing
it with the rest of us.
"Challenge Your Reality"
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7604 Posts

Profile of RNK
My package just arrived, watched the tutorial and Ryan does a fine job explaining everything you need to know. Looking forward to performing this. I'm glad I got two refills as this Will be getting a lot of use.

Highly recommended!
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1429 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Provided the box doesn't completely fall apart wear and tear will only make the box look more authentic. I wonder if it's made of cardboard or something more durable.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7604 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2024, Mac_Stone wrote:
Provided the box doesn't completely fall apart wear and tear will only make the box look more authentic. I wonder if it's made of cardboard or something more durable.

Just cardboard. Maybe a little coating of something but nothing super durable.
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
I watched the tutorial and can’t wait to get this. It’s a great original routine. I like all the unexpected changes which make the prior actions impossible. This might replace my opener.
James Kellogg III
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego
117 Posts

Profile of James Kellogg III
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2024, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2024, Mac_Stone wrote:

Just cardboard. Maybe a little coating of something but nothing super durable.

Here are the details of the gaff box in case anyone was wondering Smile

The box is made from a 16pt cardstock with a matte laminate on the box to add more strength, you will see in the box we also have put down a clear vinyl sticker around the entire spot where the gaff is to minimize tearing at that point on the gaff box. Since we manufacture everything in our warehouse in Escondido CA we had complete control on how to make the box as strong as we could possibly make it.

In the end the box is still paper, but if well taken care of it should last you a very long time. If the box wares out you could always get just the box refill for $15, we tried to get you covered as much as we could. Love hearing the response to Ryan's wonderful effect and appreciate all of you!

Refill Boxes Click Here
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7604 Posts

Profile of RNK
If you like the magic you see in the video I highly recommend this. Just got done performing this at a nightclub and everyone really liked it, it was a favor. So easy to perform and you will love the reactions you get both when the ball kerplunks to the stage and then even more ahhhhhh's when you crack the egg. Such a great release and many thanks to Ryan for releasing this!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3375 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thanks RNK good to know it's on my buy list !
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Alakazam Magic Official
Just to let you know Alakazam Magic now have Blow Hard in stock in both our UK & USA warehouses.
https://alakazam.co.uk/products/blow-hard-by-ryan-plunkett

Regards

Peter