The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Ghost coin in can by Daniel Brkik (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S36479

I love a method/secret I haven’t seen before. This made me laugh at the childlike joy of a GIMMiCKLESS signed method and all the moves are justified. Great for any magician who likes to collect methods like me. This is one on the fly…just when you think you know about soda cans, here comes Daniel with something I can’t believe I haven’t heard before. I look forward to any future releases by him.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
That looks too good to be true... is it knacky?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2902 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
That does look great. Wonder about knackiness too. Have you performed it? (You mentioned you collect methods, but I guess you do perform sometimes)
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
jb13
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of jb13
This looks better than any version I’ve ever seen. Looking forward to reviews.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4757 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Wow. If the can isn’t gimmicked (they claim it isn’t), I’m stumped
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
While I haven’t played with it yet, watching him do it over and over, it doesn’t appear knacky. If it gets you started, get a sprite or coke can. They work best. Btw the ad is correct, no magnets and completely examinable!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2902 Posts

A sprite or a coke can… now I’m even more intrigued Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
jb13
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of jb13
Curiosity got the better of me, and I pulled the trigger. While “impromptu”, don’t expect to go out and do it with just any can or any coin. It does require some examination to find those that will work. I’ve intentionally ordered 3 different beers at a pub this afternoon, and none of the cans have been of the type recommended. That’s not to say that they won’t work, but they aren’t like the Coke and Sprite cans shown in the instructional.
SlightlyTipsyMagic
View Profile
New user
Our Fishing Pier has
87 Posts

Profile of SlightlyTipsyMagic
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2023, jb13 wrote:
don’t expect to go out and do it with just any can or any coin, they aren’t like the Coke and Sprite cans shown in the instructional.

Hey JB, in the ad trailer for Ghost Coin in Can, Daniel begins with what appears to be a standard Coke can,
are you saying that a standard Coke can won’t work?
As the trailer proceeds, the cans being used are the larger tall boy cans, are these required?
What about the coin size needed? I just checked, a U.S. quarter will not fit into the opening.
Which U.S. coin is recommended? Appreciate ya.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
A penny is recommended. While I cannot give it away, there is a certain look that tells you the make of the can that will work. I haven’t had luck with the 16 ounce size coke can. My grocery store didn’t have the 12 ounces loose to check. The creator lives in Australia and I don’t know if that’s a difference in the make of cans there.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
847 Posts

Profile of oombob
The lack of a pull tab here makes me go… hmmm.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3385 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I love "THE CAN" Signed coin in Coke can gimmick coke can 50.00 Great Trick !
jb13
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of jb13
The limitations regarding specific type of can and particular coins makes this something I’ll likely never use.
DanielB
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of DanielB
Ghost coin in can has been improved to use any normal size cans from around the world.
The cans are still ordinary and not gimmicked at all.
Find a can at a party and your good to go.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Looks really good and probably very clever…Me likey! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2023, DanielB wrote:
Https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S36479

Ghost coin in can has been improved to use any normal size cans from around the world.
The cans are still ordinary and not gimmicked at all.
Find a can at a party and your good to go.

But others here are saying it only works well with certain cans, Sprite etc. So you're saying it works with any 'normal' can which can be borrowed?
DanielB
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of DanielB
Yes.
After I read that post I took down the original Ghost coin in can.
You are now able to use Any can that is a normal size in width. You can see in the demo I have used American and Uk cans.
The original Ghost coin in can I was using coke cans from Australia, which I found out later the coke cans in Australia are made different than America.
So I bought every can drink I could find from each country so I could work out how to use cans from around the world.
So now you are able to use any can as long as it’s normal size.
I hope this makes sense.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Cool. It looks like a great effect.
DanielB
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of DanielB
I did work hard on it. And it gets great reactions.
Thanks for the nice words.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2902 Posts

Thanks for listening to your customers and congratulations on your new found solution