The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Capsize by Seth Race (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2000 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Capsize by Seth Race

Ad Copy:
Capsize is a cleverly designed slot box gimmick built into a bottle cap that can fit onto most 20 oz bottles of soda. The gimmick that you use to hold coins back secretly is hidden in plain sight and cleverly marked so the magician can make use of it, but a layperson will never find it. You receive two gimmicks: one red and one black. These have been carefully designed to look exactly like normal bottle caps that you find in the real world. In addition to the gimmicks, you get an incredibly thorough tutorial that features the creator, Seth Race, teaching you some of his favorite routines. As a bonus, Craig Petty teaches you six of his favorite slot box-style routines that are perfect for walk-around and impromptu situations. The slot box has been a secret weapon of some of the best coin magicians in history, and now you can use it to devastate your audiences using ordinary objects. Blow them out of the water when you perform Capsize by Seth Race.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4210 Posts

Profile of warren
Even though this is obvious to us as magicians this looks superb
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1429 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Https://youtu.be/pUhPSUAkdqU?si=mx3fPNm4hufYyd5F&t=219

The props look cheaply 3D printed....
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
He says in the comments that the advance copy caps were 3-d printed but the caps purchasers now receive are mold-injected.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2593 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1071 Posts

Profile of dman11
They should of made these in the same color/style as Pro Caps....Do your Capsize routine then (switch the cap) vanish the coins, drop your mic and leave!
Seth Kristopher Race
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Seth Kristopher Race
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2023, Fatgumbo wrote:
He says in the comments that the advance copy caps were 3-d printed but the caps purchasers now receive are mold-injected.

The first batch for Magic Live and the initial pre-orders units are ALL 3-D printed.

I have performed my various routines hundreds, if not thousands of times and have never been asked or told the cap was or looked 3-D printed. In my opinion there is nothing about the printed caps that looks “cheap”.

To help keep up with the demand, our next batch if caps will be Mold Injected.

If anyone has any other questions, I’m happy to help!
Seth Kristopher Race
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 30, 2023, dman11 wrote:
They should of made these in the same color/style as Pro Caps....Do your Capsize routine then (switch the cap) vanish the coins, drop your mic and leave!

That was a product made by an entirely different Magic company. Penguin and Murphy’s have never collaborated to manufacture something before as far as I’m aware.

The color of our caps were chosen based on the popularity of the current bottled drinks. The red from a coke cap is known worldwide and the black cap screws perfectly onto “zero sugar” flavors of both Coca-Cola and Pepsi Co. 20 oz bottles. There are also a few different water brands now that use black caps on their bottles too that can be used with the Capsize gimmicks.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1071 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2023, Seth Kristopher Race wrote:

That was a product made by an entirely different Magic company. Penguin and Murphy’s have never collaborated to manufacture something before as far as I’m aware.

I can understand that. Would of been cool though
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Hoping a later option will be developed including white and blue caps to "match" the many bottled water products out there.
Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to receiving the current model, arriving soon. Great idea!
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1262 Posts

Profile of Salby
What sized (USA) coins fit in the caps?

Also, if a quarter fits in there (the coins appears to quarters), can you use a quarter with an expanded S***l?
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Seth Kristopher Race
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 30, 2023, Obviously wrote:
Hoping a later option will be developed including white and blue caps to "match" the many bottled water products out there.
Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to receiving the current model, arriving soon. Great idea!

More colors are sure to follow as long as the demand is there Smile Thanks for the support!
Seth Kristopher Race
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 30, 2023, Salby wrote:
What sized (USA) coins fit in the caps?

Also, if a quarter fits in there (the coins appears to quarters), can you use a quarter with an expanded S***l?

So a quarter and nickel fit in the slot of the cap.

Depending on the the thickness of the shell, when it’s nested on the quarter it may be too tall to fit in the recess. In my experience the shells I have work, it just comes down to what you can do with it Smile
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1429 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Regardless, I’m a little baffled why a company the size of Penguin would even bother with 3D printed units in the first place. Surely, in therms of time alone, it would be less cost effective at any kind of scale.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1860 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Could be an experiement for future 3D printed props.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
myscht
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of myscht
I was wondering, whether you can actually use smaller coins, as our coins are only about 23,2mm in diameter (I assume it should still work, but I wanted to check).
Seth Kristopher Race
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 31, 2023, myscht wrote:
I was wondering, whether you can actually use smaller coins, as our coins are only about 23,2mm in diameter (I assume it should still work, but I wanted to check).

The more important measurment for Capsize is the thickness, the diameter is a factor but less important. I use a quarter, which is 24.26mm in diameter, as well as a nickel which is 21.21 in diameter..
joogy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of joogy
Hi all,
If a spectator was to ask you to turn the cap over whilst performing a routine, would this be possible? I know my friends would definitely ask if I said now only 3 coins left etc;

Thanks

Joogy
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3086 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
The coin retained in the cap is not hidden if you look inside the cap.
joogy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of joogy
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2023, Xcath1 wrote:
The coin retained in the cap is not hidden if you look inside the cap.

Ok, thank you.

Joogy