The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: IToon Magic Trick (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
481 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
If you enjoy magic tricks and cartoons you will love iToon. This virtual assistant will allow you to find the card chosen by your spectator thanks to VR technology. Very easy to do, runs with your classic Bicycle Rider Back deck.

One of the greatest classics of card magic goes fully digital! iToon is the modern version of the famous Card-Toon© by Dan Harlan.

Gentlemen's Magic team and Bigmagie are proud to present iToon in collaboration with two famous magicians: Peter Oz and Dan Harlan.

More real and more modern than ever, the famous stickman comes back in augmented reality and thanks to several animations will be able to find a chosen card, an ESP symbol or even the astrological sign of your spectator.

iToon is really easy to do, just approach the camera to the back of a deck of Bicycle deck, the animation begins. Let the show start!

This application requires a Bicycle Rider Back deck (red back color) not included with this purchase. You can buy this deck in any online magic retailer.

A creation signed Peter Oz.
Based on an original idea by Dan Harlan.
Produced by Gentlemen's Magic and Bigmagie.

Explanations in English and French.
iToon by Peter Oz, Dan Harlan & Gentlemen's Magic

https://apps.apple.com/mn/app/itoon-magic-trick/id1530983647

I just had to post this after having seen Craig and Rylan's Review Show of this app. If you wanted to bring this effect to life, this would a way of going about and doing it. I purchased it and wasn't disappointed.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I’m loving this thing. I usually hate app magic, but this is so entertaining and surprising and puzzling.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4756 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Picked this up after Craig’s review. Took me a while to get it to work. Turns out I was using a Maiden back. Didn’t realize it only works with Rider backs. Once I figured that out, worked like a charm.
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
481 Posts

Eric~
I as well realized that a Maiden Deck would not work as well and that only the Rider Backs are the only ones that work.

One the things that a magician once told me was to never remove the cellophane totally from a deck of cards unless you're totally sure you can't make use of it.
So, with this effect, using Rider Backs, I kept the deck in the cellophane and draw the circle around the biker with an erasable marker. Once the effect is over, I take my thumb to erase the circle from the cellophane as if to say, "Did this really happen?"
Just a little something, I thought would add to the effect.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4756 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Nice idea. My only nit pick is that I wish the animation for the traditional reveal was as good as the animation for the interactive reveal. I like the stickman climbing out of the circle.
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
Will this be available as an Android App?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
TomTom59
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of TomTom59
I just picked this up, I have several other apps on my phone some cost a lot more than this, the price for this app is very reasonable, both versions of the card reveal are very easy to perform.
I performed both versions on my wife, nearly always my first spectator when I get something new, she loved the effect and when stickman does his reveal put a huge smile on her face. I would say that even if you don’t normally do app magic I would seriously consider having this one as it’s a lot of fun to perform.
Like ERIC states above it would be nice if the animation of stickman was the same for both versions ie climbing out of the circle, maybe possible future update, so all told I would highly recommend.

TOM.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2207 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
This is a great trick for the price.
Always do the card from phone version 👌🏻
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1709 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Noticed a few things with the app:
It would be great to dive directly into the camera setting (without showing the menu first).
That way we could replace the icon and start from camera icon.
The backround picture unfortunately doesn’t work at all.
There is no second sequence with the interactive mode.
After the card is produced it would be great to shift back the attention to our little helper.

I would also lovely to see more animations and integration options.
For example knocking on the little card door before the stickmen comes out. Smile
Something like that.

Great idea so far - thank you.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Those who have this can you choose what colour the folded card is in a setting between red and blue when he throws the card to the screen?
Thanks
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
481 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 19, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
Those who have this can you choose what colour the folded card is in a setting between red and blue when he throws the card to the screen?
Thanks

Roberto~

No.... This only works with Bicycle Red Rider Back cards..

~allen
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1489 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
A whole back of a card would be good rather than a quarter then it could be used with the Saturn magic effect
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2022, Magic from A to Z wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2022, Roberto W wrote:
Thanks

Roberto~

No.... This only works with Bicycle Red Rider Back cards..

~allen

Ok - thank you. Shame, but maybe in a version update there maybe more setting options like blue/red card even folded or whole card options.
Thanks
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1709 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2022, cardbiker wrote:
A whole back of a card would be good rather than a quarter then it could be used with the Saturn magic effect

A whole card would not fit all phones and a MCF adds another (important) layer of deception here.
You can set up your Indexed with pre scored cards so you can use a index if you like.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4822 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Nice but like all apps I0S update them it doesn't work anymore, so I won't be throwing away my money,fed up in the past of all the apps I have brought that don't work anymore,not backed up by the creater.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1709 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2022, Fire Starter wrote:
Nice but like all apps I0S update them it doesn't work anymore, so I won't be throwing away my money,fed up in the past of all the apps I have brought that don't work anymore,not backed up by the creater.

Unfortunately you are right - happened way too often.
I’ve spent 99€ on Card Oracle back then and can’t use it anymore.

I hope Gentleman Magic will care about their customers.
It’s a lovely piece - tested it today and it was fun to perform!
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Fan of the original card-toon, this looks awesome! Please tell me this will be available on Android!
geordiediver
View Profile
Regular user
With a phantasmagorical...
107 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2022, Blueroyalty wrote:
Fan of the original card-toon, this looks awesome! Please tell me this will be available on Android!

I would like to know as well,
Thanks
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3262 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Yes, another request for it to be made available on Android.

Thanks

Neil