The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Invisible Thoughts (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
Hey Everyone!

I've just released a new set of notes, 'Invisible Thoughts'.

I have sent out a couple of early review copies however I'd like to extend that to 3 more people here on the Magic Café.

To be in for a chance to get a review copy of these notes, be sure to sign up below.

There is also more information here: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Invisible-thoughts.php

Christopher
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2581 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I’d like to be a part of this Chris!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I got one of the review copies. Interesting stuff.

It is a collection of ideas and presentations with something we’ve probably all come to know and love: The Invisible Deck. Now don’t get grumpy. Chris has put some thought into this. He starts by giving you another way of sorting your deck… possibly making it easier for some. He gives you an idea on how to handle if certain cards might be called that are too close to the top.

But the real meat is the first presentation he gives you. It takes the usual ID presentation much closer into the realm of mentalism. His presentation looks and feels nothing like the standard approach. It will look like you are inside the mind of your spectator.

The next presentation is perfect for situations where there is too much noise and you still want to do the effect… and no, it once again does NOT used the standard “invisible card” patter.

And there’s also a third idea using two decks where it appears you know absolutely nothing and yet show that there is one card in your deck that faces the other way and matches the spectator’s choice.

Personally, I liked where he went and the feel of the first idea, but I can see someone having a lot of fun with the second idea. Well worth knowing these ideas.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4549 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Signed up, would love a review copy Smile
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

I have sent out the review copies, thank to everyone that showed an interest.

I have had a number of people email and message asking what these notes cover, so I have expanded the detail on my site here: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Invisible-thoughts.php

For full clarity, here is the more detailed description:

"Invisible Thoughts will reinvigorate your appreciation and excitement for a tool that you already own.

Invisible Thoughts is my work on and with the Invisible Deck.

The notes cover everything from set up through to routines and a brief history of the deck itself.

My full and most used Invisible Deck routine is included for the first time, during which you reveal an unspoken thought that only exists in your spectators mind. It really does look and feel just like you are inside their head!

You will be given what is without doubt, one of thee best ways to hand out your business cards to potential clients.

You will learn new language, new clarity, new displays and convincing details to enhance, support and refine your use of this universal utility.

The Invisible Deck is something we all use, and something that can even play equally as strong on Zoom, Skype and any video call. It continues to stay relevant and be performed worldwide. There is a reason that this deck has not been forgotten. It is in my opinion, the greatest card trick you can perform for a spectator.

Elevate your performances of this modern classic with Invisible Thoughts. "

Happy to answer any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks so much!

Christopher
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2581 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Christopher was gracious enough to send me a review copy. The invisible deck has always been a classic and as easy as it is to count to thirteen, I, even at 48, hated doing the math in my head that would get in the way of my patter and it has at in my drawer. That being said, Christopher shows a way to eliminate the math and I chuckled out loud when I saw how deviously simple his solution is. What’s more there are some really nice touches to add a more amazing presentation of not only revealing a a card predicted but convincers in a mentalism routine that show the spectator that you are reading their mind as they are choosing their selection in real time! It’s bold and fun. Even though it’s a review copy, I would recommend this wholeheartedly for those that appreciate a novel approach to the ID presentation.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 29, 2020, MagicBrent wrote:
Christopher was gracious enough to send me a review copy. The invisible deck has always been a classic and as easy as it is to count to thirteen, I, even at 48, hated doing the math in my head that would get in the way of my patter and it has at in my drawer. That being said, Christopher shows a way to eliminate the math and I chuckled out loud when I saw how deviously simple his solution is. What’s more there are some really nice touches to add a more amazing presentation of not only revealing a a card predicted but convincers in a mentalism routine that show the spectator that you are reading their mind as they are choosing their selection in real time! It’s bold and fun. Even though it’s a review copy, I would recommend this wholeheartedly for those that appreciate a novel approach to the ID presentation.

Thanks Brent!

I'm really excited for people to start sing my work on the ID, with the hope that it enhances performances worldwide!

Any questions and feel free to PM me or email me.

Thanks everyone!
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

For those not on my mailing list (that you can sign up for at: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com)

Invisible Thoughts, Un-Luck and XIDD are back in stock.

All orders are shipped immediately and contain an extra surprise.

Stay Safe!

Christopher
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
Loving the ideas in Invisible Thoughts, and have been doing XIDD a lot since getting it (and has gone into a show I'm doing on the 11th).

Thank you Chris! I may send you over a cool idea that I have been doing using XXID, if that's ok Chris?

- Ross
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Vector' (propless code divination) https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/vector-by-ross-bartels-e-book
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) - limited release
'Tacitus' (non-verbal propless effect) - limited release
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 4, 2020, Dr Ross wrote:
Loving the ideas in Invisible Thoughts, and have been doing XIDD a lot since getting it (and has gone into a show I'm doing on the 11th).

Thank you Chris! I may send you over a cool idea that I have been doing using XXID, if that's ok Chris?

- Ross

Of course! Looking forward to hearing about it.

http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Invisible-thoughts.php

Chris
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1860 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
CONGRATULATIONS on your release, Chris! Your ideas sound very interesting.

For many years I have shared my 'No Math Invisible Deck' idea in which all you have to do is hold the deck up near face level so that you see the "back" of the deck (According to the original handling orientation instructions) and your specs see the "front". When you make your display presentation and spread the cards you will see the chosen card's face and the specs will see the card's back as you make the separation.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 5, 2020, EZrhythm wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS on your release, Chris! Your ideas sound very interesting...

Thanks, I'm very happy with how Invisible Thoughts turned out.

The digital copy of the notes is only available through me, here: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Invisible-thoughts.php

Physical booklets can be ordered there too, also through Murphy's Magic.

Thanks all!
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

You'll all be happy to know that Invisible Thoughts doesn't talk about or touch on handling the ID vertically.

Physical copy are available here: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Invisible-thoughts.php

All direct purchases arrive with a bonus 'something extra'.

Christopher