The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: DOC JOHNSON'S MAGIC MONTHLY (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
NEW!

DOC JOHNSON’S MAGIC MONTHLY!

Get awesome new magic, every month… directly to your doorstep! (Well, your email doorstep).

But wait, before you change the channel, this one is different… no really.

Instead of glossy photos and a lot of marketing ads, this one focuses just on great tricks and routines. Each month, you will get three fully worked out effects/routines and at least one bonus item. This gives you something new every week to play around with.

OK, here’s the deal: I have been in magic for a long time. In that time, I have been a performer, a consultant, and a reviewer of magic. In my inventory, I have well over 5,000 magic effects and routines. Over the years, as I reviewed, studied, and consulted on effects and routines, I often thought about new ways of doing things, in particular, more entertaining ways of doing things. So, from the over 5,000 items that have crossed my path over the years, I have been inspired to create a bunch of really fun effects and routines. I have taken my notes and updated them with photos and good explanations.

I could start selling these at $29 each, but that would take WAY too long. I could put a bunch together in a book, but I really don’t want to do that either. Also, I have realized over the years that it takes looking at many good magic effects and routines for me to find a few that I really like. So, for a nominal cost, you will have four or more new effects/routines each month to inspire your own magic. I have benefitted a great deal by seeing a LOT of magic that has inspired me to come up with entertaining effects and routines, and now I’d like to pass them along.

The evolution of magic comes from the inspiration of many great magicians over the years who have been generous enough to share their magic with the community.

So, I have decided to continue in that tradition and to share what I have at a really nominal cost so you can pick and choose what appeals to you, or you can play around with something new every week.

IF YOU WANT TO CHECK IT OUT,

I AM OFFERING THE FIRST MONTH FREE TO THE FIRST 100 WHO SEND ME A PM.

If you like it, you can subscribe for $35 for six months or $60 for twelve.

These routines have brought me and a lot of people a ton of fun over the years,
and I hope you enjoy them.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Wow!

I have 56 on the list for the free first month!

Early birds are going to have an advantage. After the first 100, I am going to wait three months before opening it up for any new offer. I am very interested in people's feedback in the first few months, and 100 is probably as many as I can handle as this things gets underway.

A few more slots open. If anyone tried but didn't get through, I have deleted the PMs to make room.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
BTW, I just did a Holiday Magic Show today and used several of the routines that will end up in DJaMM. My six year old Kindergarten daughter was my assistant and she did awesome! She has assisted me a few times before, and each time she grows in the part.

KJ
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I may would reconsider the name since there’s already a digital magazine called “JAMM” yours is “DJAMM” some may get confused.

Madison
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Good point, Madison. I don't want to step on any toes. I'll just stop using the abbreviation.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
BTW, I should clarify: Over the years, I have done close-up, parlor, and stage magic. The Doc Johnson's Magic Monthly will include a bit of everything that hopefully will be of use to both amateur and professional magicians.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Only 30 spots left.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Just to be fair, there seems to be a lot of interest in this because some people are aware of one of the effects on the first issue. It is called "Eleven Percent"

It is one of the routines that I have been performing for years that participants and audience members still talk about years later. The premise of the routine is based on something that most of us have probably heard: "We humans only use around 10 percent of our brain." The routine is about what might it look like if we were to access just one percent extra? If we were to use eleven percent instead of ten percent, what might it look like? The routine is done with a deck of cards, but it doesn't come across like a "card trick". It comes across like you have just helped someone access that extra one percent to enable them to do something amazing.

The "trick" is really good, the premise is "great", and when done well (and it's not that hard to do well with some practice), the impact is "amazing".

Future issues will also contain some amazing routines and some things that I have created that I just don't want to take to the grave with me (... way in the future. I'm 55 now and plan on living a full long life, but none of us ever know, right?). I have been doing magic for over 40 years and have some pretty good stuff that I feel I should really share. One of the routines that will come in the near future is a butterfly routine that leaves audiences gasping. This one takes some practice, but it is like real magic and I have developed some things to make it possible that just aren't anywhere on the market.

As soon as I have 100 subscribers, that's it for a few months as I want to be able to interact with subscribers as this rolls out.

After around three or four months I will start taking subscribers beyond the first 100.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
We have a last minute name change. My six year old daughter came up with a new name for the magic journal:

Bullseye Magic

I will link this thread to a new thread under that name.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Here is the link to the new thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218