The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Street Monte by G Sparks??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
I did a search and have not come up with any answers!!! Anybody have this or have they heard about it?

The Ad states

A Monte Routine with Bottle Caps and a Coin, (USA Quarter Size)

The included Black Velvet Pad, (4" x 5 1/2") is your working surface and is used to carry the props. No matter where you place the coin, your Audience, will never find it.

Appear and Vanish the coin as often as you like.
You can even have the coin Completely Vanish and Appear from your pocket.

This Mechanical Monte, Lets the Bottle Caps and the Pad do most of the work.
Dealers will love this Visual and Easy to Demo Monte.
Yes you can pass out the coin.
Yes you can use different bottle caps.

Comes ready for the Magic, just add your own coin.

Here is a link - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13347

Just curious if you guys have heard anything about this??

-Bobby Smile
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

I was thinking about getting this but I'm curious if anybody has any info on it. Maybe a review or something?

-Bobby Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3226 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Is it just me or is it glaringly obvious?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-06-17 09:43, lunatik wrote:
Is it just me or is it glaringly obvious?

Yes it does!! But I'm curious to hear input from someone who may have the effect. The demo video was god awful but I'm curious if in the right hands if it could be deceptive or not. I have seen many good effects slaughterd and many simple ones executed to look like real magic. I just feel in a bar setting using beer caps and a quarter to acomplish this effect would be pretty cool.

-Bobby Smile
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

So I bit the bullet and bought this just the other day. Let me start off by saying that lunatik was correct that it is glaringly obvious. I do believe the effect could have been a bit more thought out. However for the past week I have been working on a revised handling of the effect which I think will play great in a bar setting. Let me explain.

It uses a spectators quarter and three different beer caps IE (Miller Lite, Corona and Heineken) Then I place the coin under ANY chosen cap and in a monte style routine the coin keeps appearing under different caps under the craziest of conditions and then finally under the specs watch leaving all the caps empty and examinable!!!! I would suggest checking into the original "street monte" and support the creator but like I said in the right hands this could be very nice.... Me and a good friend of mine Ryan have been working on this non stop lots of coffee and lots of ciggs lol . Like all good things though trial and error are key. So its still a diamond in the rough but so far its coming together nicely. I will post a video of it performed in a live situation as soon as I have a good handle on it.

The original is still good in the right hands but your imagination can really run with this effect.... I say go for it.

-Bobby Smile
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3385 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Bill thanks but it's not the Sparks effect I think it's from the UK not sure .
Best ,
Jeffrey