The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Gazzo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Austini
View Profile
New user
CA, Temecula
48 Posts

Profile of Austini
I have heard that Gazzo had a stroke some while ago. Im wondering if this is true and if it is, is he ok?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Gazzo is fine, just ask him yourself. He's a member of the Café.
Austini
View Profile
New user
CA, Temecula
48 Posts

Profile of Austini
Oh, well ok, just heard some rumor and wanted to see if it was real. Thank you btw.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Gazzo is Hilarious!
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
In 1994 Gazzo had a mild stroke when working a street show. He talks about in the phantoms of the card table book;

"in the summer of 1994 Gazzo was forced to take stock ofhis own life in a way that he had no anticipated. HE was doing a street show and getting ready to finish in his usual applause pulling manner by producing a large melon form an empty hat. He reached out to grab it but was stopped by the strangest feeling. 'My hand wouldn't react to my brain. my hand just wouldnt pick it up. it was just dead. I felt terrible and couldn't finish the show'

The stroke at that time left him unable to do his act, and his friends managed to raise $20,000 from benefit shows and donations. Having found Walter Scott (the phantom of the card table) and been taught scotts techniques, the stroke had left him unable to even hold a deck of cards.

Gazzo started his act again I think over two years later at the maryland renaissance festival, never fully recovering the complete use of his left hand, howver if you see Gazzo perform, you see that he's still the best, and if you watch the cups and balls dvd, you'll; see he makes reference to it.

It's worth reading Phantoms of the card table as it gives a great insight into both walter irving scott and Gazzo's hunt for him
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
818 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
I've met Gazzo and have seen him perform and yes, he still has IT!!!

Jessiah,
Hilarious is an understatement, but yeah I know what you mean. Smile
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~