The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Gravitate (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
http://www.masterofillusions.ca/master_o......oon1.htm

This is a link to Peter Lougrahn's(sp) new effect 'Gravitate'.

It looks interesting to me, but I want to hear what everyone else thinks.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
expand your consciousness
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of expand your consciousness
Well, it's ok but, doesn't look like it is that strong regarding the impact of visual magic.
I have purchased a few products from Peter, and by seeing the demo looks like another general product from Peter. I owned both E1 & E2 and was very disappionted and out about $300.
Ask a lot of questions and make sure you get answers, or at least a good idea about the product.
You could be out $160-180.
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
It looks good, but there are too many props! I don't think I want to walk around the street with all the props. This is for working pro who wants a different kind of levitation.
LWright
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
146 Posts

Profile of LWright
Yeah, that's what I was thinking about the props, seems to be quite a bit, good enough for a gig though. The camera looking under the body too..why so shaky ? That's the only problem I'd have with it, otherwise, it looks *** good.
-Lloyd Wright
"Take what you take, give what you give, just be what you want just as long as it's real.."
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
I'm waiting for reviews on this one.
I've been training these cards since they were small.
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
We have tp wait until dec 15 before a review.can they peek under you anywhere you want or only the legs?
Binary
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Binary
Quote:
On 2006-12-04 17:52, emanmagic5 wrote:
We have tp wait until dec 15 before a review.can they peek under you anywhere you want or only the legs?

As far as my understanding of this trick, its under the legs + butt, and under your head / shoulders. Anything in-between there they cannot look.

Either that, or I am completely wrong about the method.
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
Do we really need the 2 red blocks? can we just ask the spectator to hold our head and feet?
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
I must admit its not one of Peters strongest effect.

The plot is very strong but visually its bit weak.
expand your consciousness
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of expand your consciousness
Yes I agree Binary, I think you probably can only see under parts of his body, not completely underneath per the demo, yet the ad says "your spectators can see under you and around 360 degrees".
that's sounds like people can look completely underneath you, but they can't?
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2006-12-04 20:04, Mehtas wrote:
I must admit its not one of Peters strongest effect.

The plot is very strong but visually its bit weak.

I strongly agree with this statement. I love Peter, but just not his bet effect.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I think it is better than FLY...

I'm really not impressed with FLY for $1600.00...
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Well, the price of FLY will always make some disagree.....'PIZ'
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Yeah, can you look under the person, 360 as advertised? Why doesn't the demo show a full shot of underneath? I'd definitely buy it if you could!
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Jes,

I don't have problem exepting the 360 degree angle but this looks to be big brother of Elevator when it come to angles.

Even though it could have a 360 degree angle. there could be problems when the spectators wanting to have a worm's eye view.

I know that no street levitation will give you a worm's eye view but this one falls behind in visual impact. It seems like you almost have to explain in mid performance what the whole effect is.

I would go for much bigger height and removal of one box only. so its more of a suspension rather than levitation.

O dear, I've just given away an effect to work on and now somebody will come up with a $100 DVD Smile
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1789 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I see an awful lot criticism based on assumption & uneducated guesses, might be a good idea to wait for the release & see what real world experience shows. Confused why there is concern of too many props, makes sense to me ground cover to clear area & show no prepared surface & 2 small supports to begin the levitation.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I didn't care for the demo. The camera was very friendly if you know what I mean....
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
I'm pretty sure they looked undernieth him, all the way, in one shot or another.
I would have liked to see more height though. When I first watched the demo, I wasn't sure he was floating yet.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Do you need really strong abs to perform this effect?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
What looks good about this? Nothing that I can see.
There is only one solution to this and it seems quite obvious to me, as I believe it would be to any spectator.

The camera does not give a view completely beneath the performer and I'd wager that there's a very good reason as to why (the aforementioned obvious MO).

Besides all of that, it simply doesn't look the least bit impressive.
"Light as a feather, stiff as a board" would have more impact.
It's all in the reflexes.