The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Mark Mason - new effects for Blackpool 2024 (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2024, spudster85 wrote:
I believe this is Smoon, performed by Craig Petty. He doesn't state this is the name of the effect. However, in his interview with Mark Mason, Mark describes the gimmick as a "three sided sun and moon." This looks like that to me...

https://youtube.com/shorts/tZN_BeChDKk?si=cliHrkLxCRrpSuvZ

Hazar! Thank you spudster!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3089 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
That is indeed the gimmick. The product has multiple routines basically variations of effects where a coin changes a little bit at a time.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Do I need to buy replacement for QUARTET?
How durable are the cards?
Tricky Ricky
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On May 11, 2024, TrickyRicky wrote:
Do I need to buy replacement for QUARTET?
How durable are the cards?
Tricky Ricky

You receive stuff to repair it, if it breaks. Mine has broken a few times - it's quick and easy to repair.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2507 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
So excited to finally see Smoon, I love it. I HIGHLY recommend Quartet, as well, I got it before Blackpool and it is really excellent. And the last Magic Expo we had here, was so excited to Mark Mason. He really is the king of demos, and a super nice guy. Oh, and Paul Richards was also there, another fave of mine. I hope they have another Magic Expo in the Bay Area soon.
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Wondering how Quartet’s method differs from Travel by Jordan Victoria. VI says it’s a different method, which is great, but racking my brain.

My itchy finger is trying to resist preordering it, seeing it’ll probably be at Magic live. Agree with the poster above. Mark and Paul are both extremely kind and friendly.
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
Quartet is exactly the same as ABRA.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/13194

Same method and everything. Wasn’t happy with ABRA so I cancelled the order for Quartet. Your mileage may vary.
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Hmm. Abra is also by Jordan Victoria. How are travel and Abra different? Or was abra just repackaged by Sansminds and renamed Travel?
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
The description for ABRA says "you can give everything out for examination without any switch"

There's no way I would hand Quartet out for examination. Are you sure they are the same?
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
For those that have quartet or know the workings, is it possible to do a which hand style color guessing routine, but activate the gimmicks as you are opening your hand or still in closed fist to control the colors?
Thanks
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3279 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On May 13, 2024, Roberto W wrote:
For those that have quartet or know the workings, is it possible to do a which hand style color guessing routine, but activate the gimmicks as you are opening your hand or still in closed fist to control the colors?
Thanks

Wouldn't that draw more attention to the cards/method? I know the method, but do not own these. The demo of them changing back and forth doesn't seem realistic for real world performing.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
I’m referring to for example you mixing the 2 behind your back then bringing hands forward with closed fists and you being able to control which color is in each hand. So then as you open your hand it would display the color you want.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3279 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
I’m referring to for example you mixing the 2 behind your back then bringing hands forward with closed fists and you being able to control which color is in each hand. So then as you open your hand it would display the color you want.

This makes sense, but the "sitting color" of the card can be displayed on the palm. The change color can only be shown at the finger tips as in the demo. Hope this helps
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Ummm kinda - I think. Ok so basically can you bring your fists out closed, then if for example at anytime you wanted the red in your left and the blue in your right, can you rotate your hands, open to then show your controlled colors? So technically you don’t have to display the card all around, just sat on your hand. Enough for them to see you have in this example the red in your left and blue in right (without having to do anything suspicious that looks obvious you are doing something to the cards before opening).

Obviously you would have to activate something on the cards to lock the colors in place, but just wondering if this could look innocent enough as you are opening your hands perhaps?
Thanks
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3279 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
Ummm kinda - I think. Ok so basically can you bring your fists out closed, then if for example at anytime you wanted the red in your left and the blue in your right, can you rotate your hands, open to then show your controlled colors? So technically you don’t have to display the card all around, just sat on your hand. Enough for them to see you have in this example the red in your left and blue in right (without having to do anything suspicious that looks obvious you are doing something to the cards before opening).

Obviously you would have to activate something on the cards to lock the colors in place, but just wondering if this could look innocent enough as you are opening your hands perhaps?
Thanks

Great question, but for someone that has this. I'll sit back and wait on reviews and replies.

Best-
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3089 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
To Roberto,
Each card displays a fixed color when shown folded on the open palm, the color can only be changed in the finger tip display.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3279 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On May 13, 2024, Xcath1 wrote:
To Roberto,
Each card displays a fixed color when shown folded on the open palm, the color can only be changed in the finger tip display.

I said that in conversation with Robert W above. Thanks for verifying
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On May 13, 2024, Xcath1 wrote:
To Roberto,

Hi, many thanks for the clarification. So guess that answers the question of the only way to change the colors is at fingertips and unfortunately not in fist.

I was aiming towards an interesting influence/gambling/psychology plot idea that could have had potential depending how the gimmicks worked - never mind.

But thanks again both for the info and clarification.
SlightlyTipsyMagic
View Profile
New user
Our Fishing Pier has
87 Posts

Profile of SlightlyTipsyMagic
Just got Quartet, ingenious in it’s concept, design and build. Always a pleasure to receive another quality product from Mark. Simple enough for beginners / hobbyist to perform with an effect so strong that working magicians will utilize it’s dynamic effect.

Gotta say that the secret sauce (material) that Mark tips us to, is going in the tool box for other projects.

The “Boss of Demo’s” has definitely created another work of awesomeness!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3385 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Is the gimmick delicate ? hopefully not elastic.