The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Anyone Know What's Happening with X-Levitation? :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
philicadabra
View Profile
New user
NW Missouri
7 Posts

Profile of philicadabra
According to youtube. Alex is 36 years old. LoL! "If it does infringe upon another lev, then it won't be the first time that happens in this art." Couldn't you just say that about anything anyone openly releases without the consent of the owner, like drastic, HAHA... Alex joke. Anyways, I don't see how a person that has previously taken credit for exact methods of others, lies about his age, and many other things can even be trusted in a purchase. X-lev with no flaw, I'll tell you a flaw, the price of the DVD. Not materials but the DVD itself, from a no name person that probably can't even drive, that in my eyes, has no respect or effort towards the bettering of magic. Imagine going more than 3-4 inches off the ground? Oh wait, I already have with other methods, so that is not the top point surely.Ending shiny clean,hrmm, doubt that, maybe walk away clean or have a shiny thing blind them. What happened to many feet in the air? Did it get worse so you can only go up to two feet now. I never heard of downgrading something before you sell it(unless it's price). I'm still a little woozy from looking at all the different size words and typos.

and I close with
"If this product is as good as it claims to be, why is it so cheap?
I remember when I used to want something really bad but I didn't have enough money for it, so I'm making this DVD as cheap as possible."
HAHAHAHAHA*cracks a rib*
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
When I try and read what is on his free site I get a HEADACHE!
The problem with this levi is that Alex watched a well known dvd with the goal to Franken-Levi. That's right Franken-Levi check Wikpedia.

Wonder what he watched for the Center Tear? What's next Alex are you going to try and market a White Widow? "I know that quality of the gimmick is not as important as long as our knock off gimmick works most of the time. That's why we used the finest corrugated cardboard imported from Brooklyn. Warning do not get your gimmick wet."

Well the drama continues. L.S.I. is still on the case and we have uncovered more about this than one would think? No we did not contact the I.R.S. about this levi but a very disgruntled levi fan did. The tax man cometh or something like that.

Our Mods Rock.

Disclaimer. L.S.I. has no affliation with the White Widow. While a youngster magicmike30 did attempt to construct a Star wars Millenium Falcon out of card board. Things went horribly wrong. It was quickly disgarded as he recieved the real deal on his Birthday. Now that's magic.

magicmike30
Entertainer
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
I honestly think that Alex is a puppet for someone else - anyone else get that feeling??
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Remember these claims?
Close up levi 4 feet? No way I have seen the demo and 4 feet is a pipe dream.

'Key Points for Stage Levitation

- As high as 5 feet

- Do it completly sorrounded

- Levitate your assistant in laying down or standing up position

Key Points for Close-up Levitation

- As high as 3 or 4 feet

-Great for walkaround, close up, anything!

- The gimmick will take about 30 minutes to build

Wondeful claims like always but not true.
4 feet maybe if your pet hamster does the X.

magicmike30
Entertainer
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4551 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
The teaser trailer is up at his forums
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
I cant get into that topic on his forum
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4551 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
It looks like rewind editing to me. Don't know. I would steer clear of this levi at all cost. It is a poor Rip off of another levi on the market and needs to be stopped dead in it's tracks. All magicians in the magic community need to take a stand and rally against this fraudulent thief trying to swindle money out of us by stealing an already existing effect, and trying to sell it as his own................ Alex: You need to take a good look in the mirror buddy, and realize that what you are doing is going to have severe consequences in the end. Maybe not on you , but on your family. They are the one's who are going to have to pay for your foolish decisions. The original inventor of this effect is on your tail little man , and is documenting every single last move you make. Not for his own keeping's, but for his lawyer. You will find out sooner than latter, I can promise you this. Just thought I'd worn ya before the storm clouds arrive.......'PIZ'
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Busted !!!!! It is rewind editing. Look at Alex's right shoe lace both times he levitates. It is up in the air before he even leaves the ground. When he starts to levitate is actually when he is landing. Alex, You could have atleast tucked them shoe laces in, who in the world are you trying to fool with this. Busted once again little man. The judge is going to have a lot of fun laughing at this one...'PIZ'
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Thanks Piz,

I am glad the truth came out of YOUR mouth.

Alex almost got up waist hight and I never beleived that. he goes up TWO steps.

Previously I stated that if it was $25, I would have gone for it but now it's not worth few copper coins.

Buyers Beware.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Truth been in my mouth Mehtas, I just had to hide it for a while ( it wasn't easy, not with this case atleast ). A great agent never lets it be known what side he on until his Job is done. As for Alex: We have so much juice on you buddy your going to be swimming in it for years to come. All juice has been given to the originator of this effect. We have all the evidence we need to prosecute ( your parents, on your behalf ). I suggest you give up your thief-in arms Alex while your still down . I am trying to be sincere about this , really I am. Nobody here wants any trouble ( or thievery ) , just please delete someone Else's levi from your site and you will not be dealt with,,,, Well atleast until your next effect...'PIZ'
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Well this is how the chips fall so to speak. Video quality seems washed up.

First levitation shown is the stage version. A very nice way to sell people indeed. Until they find out that wait this is the only original levitation on the X dvd and no way practical to do on the streets. I sense angry villagers. The old bait and switch routine.

So the ten or so that pre-ordered paid a $100 bucks right? You are selling below that price now. Hmmm seems quite unfair to anyone who was brave enough to pre-order.

Karma is out there Alex just remember that. Maybe not today or tomorrow but....

It is a wonder that Creator's bother to release anything at all these days?
Just waiting to be ripped off seems to be the norm in the magic community.
How long before your original work on the stage levi is out there for everyone to see? Not that you would care I bet. You have already made a quick buck on this.

Well your X levi is out and we hope you reap what you soe. Watch out for Bob law law.

Piz good eye on the first levi, something very fishy and I can't seem to find the right lines to go against the fish feelings.

L.S.I. will be releasing a statement for those who really want to levitate. This is for the working pro. Please don't hijack this thread asking about it. Keep an eye this week in the latest.

magicmike30
Entertainer
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Mikey, take another look buddy. No stage levi, reverse engineering levi. His laces are levitating before he is!! This is to funny. I'm having a ball with all this. Good luck with whatever your doing Mike......'PIZ'
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
This kid is just too funny man,this whole thing is a joke at our expense and everybody here is just eating it up!

:)

too funny really
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Jesse Stickley
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
14 Posts

Profile of Jesse Stickley
This is just pathetic. What the worst part about this thing is, people are encouraging this type of unethical practice. Now there are some, including myself, which have tried to set this kid straight, and on the right path, but unfortunatly, that hasnt happened. Instead he would rather steal somone elses stuff, for profit. Karma is a real !@#$% sometimes.. And it will come back and nip him right in the ass.

I cant wait until this kid has more trouble than he knows what to do with Smile

Jesse
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This surely is the ultimate lev. Not only does it levitate your body but also your clothes too, including your shoe laces. It must be some kind of force field.
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
It must be real, because as we all know, in a real levitation the energy to lift you starts at your feet, and it moves up your body until you levitate.

So the energy hit his shoelace on the way up and bumped them a bit.

PROOF in fact that this levitation is the REAL DEAL. Smile
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
On 2006-10-31 10:55, johnnymystic wrote:
This kid is just too funny man,this whole thing is a joke at our expense and everybody here is just eating it up!

:)

too funny really

Johnny if this was a joke L.S.I. would have a good laugh. We have spoken to some known magi about this and tried to reason with Alex. I even had a customer p.m. who got his money back last week through pay pal.

Piz L.S.I. reviewed the washed out demo again and just like the JFK tapes we missed something. Reverse engineer is highly possible when looking at the laces. We just thought that this was the same version as the one against the house. While no cat appears on the demo Alex has cat like reflexes for sure;)

We agree that Karma is an X who is angry very angry. You don't know what lengths your X will go to get you until it is to late.

magicmike30
Entertainer
jon_maronge
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of jon_maronge
I heard if you played that clip backwards, you can hear the smurfs telling you to steal other peoples tricks and release them as your won... be warned...lol

jon
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I hope I'm not shot for desertion but I'm losing my resolve and starting to feel sorry for this kid.

No criticism of anyone here - potential customers are entitled to a warning - and the original creator deserves protection.

But surely a 12 year old can't do all this without an adult being involved - is that person completely stupid - or up to their neck in it?