The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Proteus by Phedon Bilek Official Review (341 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36~37 [Next]
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
885 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
I read all the above and I must say I feel delighted, as I see that Proteus' potential has been grasped by many. Thank you all for your kind words, they mean a lot.

Harry and Madison, I am happy to see that you realized that the strength of this routine/method lies in its very simplicity. I see too many performers try to complicate something simple...

Max my brazilian friend, I am very happy when I "meet" dedicated guys like you. You took some time and effort to make this your own, and worked by yourself a portuguese version (that you posted in the FB group Proteus Inside). You are well rewarded now, and I am so glad to hear you're still to fail. It's the first time I see someone wishing for this actually! aha ah a. I saw some footage of some of your performances (not MindPeek I precise) and they command respect. You know what you're talking about. And to precise, the english version is AS beautiful. It's ALL on the performer's style and skill. Each version has its own little advantages I'd say. The French one is great, and is derived from the Greek one. The idea to use this little "trick" came trying to find a solution to the Greek version, which was impossible with the "conventional" way. This idea enabled me to simplify the French one.

Red Devil, thank you for taking the time to review. Clarifies many things about Proteus AND prop-less in general, an area of mentalism many people jumped into without really knowing its limits. Great post!

And a big thank you to Jacob for his latest footage, where he explains much on prop-less in general and on the similarities and difference between MindPeek and Fraser's version, without forgetting the work of Michael Murray who took the time and effort to add subtleties (and OUTS to those who are interested) well worth exploring. Great job Jacob.

Thank you all and enjoy MindPeek!

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
If, in the demo, Nardi had chosen 'fish,' would the method have failed as presented? I realize the book's explanation obviates this apparent problem.
Maybe someone could PM the explanation. I do own the book
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Phedon, thank YOU my friend, for releasing this early. It's my pleasure to meet someone creative as you and also an honor to be part of the project. This is really phenomenal. I look forward to the day I'll miss because I don't want to get spoiled... I like to use my fast thinking dealing with instant bad situations. Btw, english isn't my main language, but I totally got the pun there! Smile
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2017, ehands wrote:
If, in the demo, Nardi had chosen 'fish,' would the method have failed as presented? I realize the book's explanation obviates this apparent problem.

It would've worked the same way. If you have the book join the facebook group. There's now a pletora of ways to approach the method and reach the same conclusions through different means. There are ways to present where it doesn't even matter what they say, really.

Cheers
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1888 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
For those of us who don't want to leave the page to see the video, I finally figured out embedding on this fossil thanks to our lovely computer genius Tom Wong!

XX,
-Jacob
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Well I should not have said the method failed, but that the it book make a more direct explanation and have been concluded the answer quick as the book taught. Or was not as as quick as Phedron taught in English during the demo?
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2017, ehands wrote:

No he would have nailed it just as easily too.
Todd
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
How do you get in the fb page? Smile
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Https://m.facebook.com/groups/288065134935648

Can't wait to see you there!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
JG
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of JG
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2017, RedDevil wrote:
How do you get in the fb page? Smile

It's a bit like the SAS. If you have to ask whereabouts in Hereford it is, then it's not for you!

I've loved Proteus since first getting it, reading it as the sun set, drinking a large JD. I knew then that it would suit me down to the ground; I only ever perform the basic method, as written in the book, as every extension of outs that I've seen seems to add a compromise that takes away from it's simplicity.

Performed correctly this is hugely powerful, and the script itself leads to real opportunities for making a connection, way beyond your average 'trick'. A few people I know have sought my opinion and the one thing I've said is not to do this as a "think of something....its an elephant...taa daa" moment.

Keep it simple, make it powerful, and connect.
"PANTHERA - Improve and Develop Your Mentalism" by Jack Goldstein - a large hard backed limited edition book of mentalism, over 30 top contributors, with professional effects and essays.

Buy it now through Michael Murray at MindFX: https://www.mindfx.co.uk/

Lulu.com
https://www.lulu.com/shop/jack-goldstein/panthera/hardcover/product-m9w6w9.html?page=1&pageSize=4
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Nailed it 5 times in a row today.Doing a walk around
gig today for college students getting ready to go back to school.
Even though I have the extended version built in my set-up.
I didn't have to use it at all.I really love this..
Todd
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2017, bowers wrote:
Nailed it 5 times in a row today.Doing a walk around
gig today for college students getting ready to go back to school.
Even though I have the extended version built in my set-up.
I didn't have to use it at all.I really love this..
Todd

Good job! Feels great, doesn't it?
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Sure does Tom.This a great system. Smile
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
This is absolute gold. One of the best purchases I made in mentalism.

It definitely takes practice.. Not so much to remember the system, but to perfect the showmanship to make this appear as the real thing.

Put work into this, adapt it to make it your own, and you will be rewarded.

I will definitely be using this. Alongside something I may be releasing in the near future which is also propless.

10/10 highly recommended!!!

-DD
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
885 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
A quick note. And it's NOT a joke 🙂! I have been asked so nicely by an Indonesian customer that I have adapted the method in his language.

So, in short: Languages are now

- English
- French
- Italian
- Spanish
- German
- Greek
- Dutch
- Indonesian

The biggest demand is for Hebrew though, but my knowledge of this alphabet is... Well....

Since Dutch and Indonesian were added AFTER the making of the bonus PDF, please either contact me or join the Facebook group to get them.

Phedon
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2017, phedonbilek wrote:
A quick note. And it's NOT a joke 🙂! I have been asked so nicely by an Indonesian customer that I have adapted the method in his language.

So, in short: Languages are now

- English
- French
- Italian
- Spanish
- German
- Greek
- Dutch
- Indonesian

The biggest demand is for Hebrew though, but my knowledge of this alphabet is... Well....

Since Dutch and Indonesian were added AFTER the making of the bonus PDF, please either contact me or join the Facebook group to get them.

Phedon

Now, this is what you call commitment!
www.mentalistry.com
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3275 Posts

Profile of 252life
There's a small tribe in Africa that communicates with clicking noises...
Phedons on it lol.

252LoveTheGuy Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2017, 252life wrote:
Phedons on it lol.

252LoveTheGuy Smile

Lmao
www.mentalistry.com
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
885 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Thanks guys for the lovely words... I'm truly honoured and happy... 😊

Quote:
Phedons on it lol.

252LoveTheGuy Smile

Now THAT would be a challenge... Proteus in the San language... "Does your word has TWO clicks, or THREE...?"... I have doubt about the viability of the project though, business-wise 😂

Phedon
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2017, phedonbilek wrote:
Thanks guys for the lovely words... I'm truly honoured and happy... 😊

Quote:
Phedons on it lol.

252LoveTheGuy Smile

Now THAT would be a challenge... Proteus in the San language... "Does your word has TWO clicks, or THREE...?"... I have doubt about the viability of the project though, business-wise 😂

Phedon

It doesn't matter how simple you made the clicks, some trolls would still claim that it didn't work!

There are very few propless effects that are this simple, this easy to learn, with such a powerful result.