The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Ellusionist Site :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (167 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
djrosen
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of djrosen
A backend server that requires an account to validate the app resolves the issue. You can send the app to whoever you want, if they don't have a login, the app fails to work.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2020, djrosen wrote:
A backend server that requires an account to validate the app resolves the issue. You can send the app to whoever you want, if they don't have a login, the app fails to work.

yeah. The cipher link is searchable and you can find it on their website but unless you have a license key it won't work for you.
paTRICKY
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of paTRICKY
Some have mentioned downloading the videos as a "backup" strategy, but can anyone tell me how that can be done with the stream site? My video instructions for Flight, for example, don't have a download button. As far as I can see, I can only play it or "share" it, but not pull it down to store locally. Any help would be appreciated so that I don't lose all of my instructions someday when the real crash comes for the site. Some were given as downloads, but some were only links to the streams...
thx
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2020, paTRICKY wrote:
Some have mentioned downloading the videos as a "backup" strategy, but can anyone tell me how that can be done with the stream site? My video instructions for Flight, for example, don't have a download button. As far as I can see, I can only play it or "share" it, but not pull it down to store locally. Any help would be appreciated so that I don't lose all of my instructions someday when the real crash comes for the site. Some were given as downloads, but some were only links to the streams...
thx

A lot of the tutorials especially the older ones were hosted on the ellusionist site. Those were the only downloadable ones. You can't from magicstream.
TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of TheMetalMagician
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2020, The Mysterious One wrote:

Hmmm.. Interesting story of you going to a concert in my city. It is an apple to oranges comparison, comparing Madonna (an international star and rarity to come to the AAC in Dallas with a committed, large following) to Ellusionist (of all things). What you described is quite common amongst rock stars/pop stars, making people wait before coming on stage. It is a practice I cannot stand, making people wait an hour before coming on stage. Maybe, that is the reason why I don't go to overpriced concerts to watch divas, male or female.

I realize this is off topic, but to be honest, I go to a LOT of concerts, and very rarely do acts not start either right on time or any more than 15 to 20 minutes later than they were supposed to. Maybe I've just been luckier than you, but racking my brain going back 20+ years I can only remember Madonna and one other local band starting unreasonably late.

Quote:
On Nov 5, 2020, The Mysterious One wrote:

I understand your point even though your analogy is a huge stretch. There is a trust factor that must exist, especially between a magician (purchaser) and a creator/producer. This is due to how unique the magic industry is. If people don't trust you, they do not do business with you. Bottom line. Ellusionist caused this lack of trust for their most loyal of customers on their own.

Yeah, it's a stretch, admittedly. But (and I apologize if I'm splitting hairs or unnecessarily repeating myself), if any customer feels like Ellusionist has a better product and/or a better price, they're going to buy it, and if they feel like magicstream has better content and/or is a better value than any magicstream competitor (drawing a blank on their list of streaming competitors), they're going to subscribe to it - their jerk move of disappearing for few days will not play a factor. Just like none of Madonna's fans are going to stop buying her music or tickets to her shows because she was inconsiderate.

Quote:
On Nov 5, 2020, The Mysterious One wrote:With a name of Metal Magician, I thought you would tell us a story of you going to a Megadeth concert with your wife, not a Madonna concert Smile Smile

BURN!!!!!! hahahahaha can't argue with THAT logic one bit hahahaha. Wife is from Mexico, so I've accompanied her to acts like Madonna and Kelly Clarkson as well as many Latino acts like Paulina Rubio, Luis Miguel, Alejandra Guzman and Enanitos Verdes among others, and in return she OCCASIONALLY accompanies me to concerts like Ozzy, Winger, Stryper and Guns n Roses. I couldn't talk her into going with me to see Kiss or Lita Ford hahaha.