The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Yigal Mesika - Ring Flight (62 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Great to hear Jeff! Can’t wait to receive mine.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
959 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Hmmm Michael Weber-style fake user again, perchance?
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1713 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
How easy can it be repaired IF it breaks?
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Haven’t seen anyone that uses ring flights really mention the reel thread breaking during a performance, would be interested to hear if or how often that’s an issue. I guess any reel can break, the bigger issues I’ve seen mentioned in the past was the possibility of a stone coming off due to the reel retracting aggressively, but there’s ways to avoid that. I would assume if Jeff has performed this that many times, if breaking of any sort was problem he’d of touched on it. The clasp looks similar to the one on my RFR, maybe a tad larger , and I like the little chain aspect. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Nm
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2024, leipzisch wrote:
No no, LeoTheJet.

Suspicious message.

Are you suggesting that this is not the real Jeff Kaylor, or that Jeff Kaylor’s word isn’t reliable? Because I have four shirts with the TKO installed in them, and never leave home without one of them.

Either way, moot point. I’ve already ordered this and will find out once it arrives.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
959 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2024, LeoTheJet wrote:

Jeff is fab.

THIS message concerned me.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2024, warren wrote:
It looks and sounds good but I've never had the gut's to put a spectators ring onto a reel as anything could happen to the ring and there are plenty of horror stories backing that up.
I have a friend who has RFR and it has broken on him more than once which is off putting.

Yeah, it worries me too. I've started borrowing house keys instead, which ties the key to the keyring nicely and is much safer. The clamp on this looks good for house keys too.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3088 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
1. This does look super cool.
2. I wonder about reliability and repair as well.
3 I have RFR. Dave Bonsel and is one of the nicest guys in the business and provides great service and help me fix my RFR on several occasion. It is an amazing piece of engineering but I found it a little noisy and the string broke off n me once during practice also the mechanism was beyond my ability to repair despite Dave’s excellent instruction.
4. I feel like there is “likely” a trade off between miniaturization and reliability. If you have an “old fashioned” ring flight El Duco, Scott Alexander, Cody Fisher, others, they have massive reels and thick non invisible but essentially unbreakable string. If I was still using a reel I would use on of these.
5. I am a fan of Flite. I do it at the end of a ring manipulation and ring on string routine so the vanish is on the offbeat and it doesn’t have to stand as a solo effect.
6. I still might buy this on impulse if it’s a Blackpool.
7. Peace
Dr. Dave
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2024, leipzisch wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2024, LeoTheJet wrote:

Jeff is fab.

THIS message concerned me.

To each their own. I’m personally not concerned over a glowing review of a $75 magic trick. If the trick ends up being junk, oh well.
Jeff Kaylor TKO
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Jeff Kaylor TKO
This is Jeff Kaylor (Definitely Legit),

I have not had the thread break on me during a performance, so I am not sure how it is to replace it or fix it if needed.

As with any ring flight, you are borrowing a ring, so there is always some risk when it comes to that. I minimize the risk as much as possible by using mainly rings that don't have gems in them. If it does have a gem, I typically bring the a ring a little closer to the keys when released. The only mistake I've made was user error - I borrowed a ring that had a little slit in it and somehow didn't realize it so it didn't clip on.. In the past, the only time a thread reel has broken on me (not Yigal's) has been when I'm holding the ring, so I was just left holding the ring and had to not do the performance. I've never, in all my years of performance had a ring flight break while it was being retracted - causing the ring to fly away.

Also love Dan's though of using a house key.

I used this ring flight at least 4 times since posting my last post. It is literally in every close up show I do.

Hope this all helps.
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Does anyone know when this will be available, has been on pre sale for quite a while now?
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Release date is April I think
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7618 Posts

Profile of RNK
Yes, April 1st. Looking forward to receiving this. I love ring flights and so does my audience!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
umutK
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of umutK
Anyone know what is the difference between this and others?
Darren Ryder
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Darren Ryder
Looks like end of May now Smile
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
720 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I have already prepaid my order since the release date was different and now they keep changing it….
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7618 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2024, Vogler wrote:
I have already prepaid my order since the release date was different and now they keep changing it….

Yes, pre-ordering something we do at our OWN risk, I pre-ordered as well and we just have to be patient. Pre-ordering is a topic that has been discussed extensively on here many times. Hopefully we can avoid a bunch of people posting their displeasure of the delayed release. Because after all, there is nothing we can do about it. I think the consensus on this topic was, as I stated prior, it's something that we choose to do knowing that many times throughout history pre-orders do not meet the intended release date. Bummer? Absolutely.

In saying that, I watched Scott's review and I am very excited to receive it. Looks great! Only thing I am not fond of is that Scott said in the tutorial Yigal does not go over how to fix the unit if it breaks. That concerns me a little. As Scoot said in his review, hopefully means that it's made super well and won't break!
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
959 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Who is Scoot?

And where can I find his review show?

Assuming he's Canadian, perhaps it's called 'Scoot's Aboot'?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7618 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2024, leipzisch wrote:
Who is Scoot?

And where can I find his review show?

Assuming he's Canadian, perhaps it's called 'Scoot's Aboot'?

HAHA! Sorry, the second time I wrote his name I spelled it Scoot. Look up Scott Perry, he is one of the most honest reviewers out there like Unbiased who neither of which are bought and paid for like pretty much the rest of them or who won't give "friends" a more positive review than it deserves like one main reviewer around here.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4221 Posts

Profile of warren
RNK do could you post a link to Scott's review channel as I don't think I've come across him before but as you rate him I would be interested to hear his reviews ?