The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Crazy Sam's Mind by Sam Huang (60 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2024, PapaG wrote:
I see that refills are available. Does this mean that the ‘unit’ is a one-shot item, becomes depleted and has to be bought again?

You get 50 each lasting 30-50 performances. If you read the thread you can gather what the gimmick is.
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
You won’t need refills for a very long time. And $3 is dirt cheap. Easy to do, very angle friendly, surprising and works every time. This is a winner. I like making cards fly across the room but breaking pringles is probably the best effect.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
959 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Crazy Sam's Mind from the wizard review show with David Penn & Wayne Fox 27/3/2024

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
jb13
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of jb13
For such a simple gimmick, it seems like it’s an awfully long time to get them back in stock. It would be nice if you could just get the instructional until the gimmicks arrive. Maybe begin practicing and getting a feel for the mechanics using a more common household “gimmick” in the meantime.
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Not sure about other dealers, but with Vanishing Inc the tutorial will be in your instructional links page when you order.
jb13
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of jb13
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2024, LankyHobo wrote:
Not sure about other dealers, but with Vanishing Inc the tutorial will be in your instructional links page when you order.

Cool. Penguin doesn’t accept orders until the gimmicks are stocked.
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
I made things fly across the room and break Pringles all day at work yesterday. One of my coworkers was convinced I was snapping my pinky or making air move with my other hand. Pretty happy. Could have been a download but all in all I can’t complain at all. Sometimes the simplest methods are the best.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Where to get or is it all over?
jb13
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of jb13
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2024, LankyHobo wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2024, PapaG wrote:
I see that refills are available. Does this mean that the ‘unit’ is a one-shot item, becomes depleted and has to be bought again?

You get 50 each lasting 30-50 performances. If you read the thread you can gather what the gimmick is.

If these gimmicks “fail” I’m guessing it would probably be during the setup, or can it be during performance as well? Snapping sound followed by you and your spectator staring uncomfortably at a potato chip in your hand and nothing happens.
jb13
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of jb13
I also don’t understand how Penguin has the refills in stock, but not the trick.
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
That is ridiculous
The refills are the trick
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2896 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Well… I agree you only need the refills to perform the trick, but of course to learn it you need the link. Which is on the original box, not the refills. I guess that’s the problem.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
175 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
Edited to stop the Whinging, although the demo video revealed the method and gimmick! Anways I bought this with extra 3 packs of spare (gimmicks), sadly, my various body parts needed are too big from spending too much time in the gym, cannot get rid of the body parts, but if anyone knows of a similar but bigger (gimmicks), let me know, I did ask the guys at HSP but they know practically nothing about the (gimmicks). Now most mages I know who do tricks with the (gimmicks) know everything from width, length to material that they are made of, so can someone recommend a (gimmick) that will fit my bigger wrists that will do the job, as the stock (gimmicks), just will not work they are too small and break! Sizes etc should have been mentioned on the video, having to import at hefty import postage rates such items is bonkers, so I require similar width and colour but a bigger size... I think? How are (gimmicks) measured? I miss the high street when you could go and compare, now I will have to buy tons to find the correct ones for me! All of this should have been covered, no two mages are the same size!
mindcontroller
View Profile
Regular user
Inside your Head!
175 Posts

Profile of mindcontroller
Actually, ignore the above, found a supplier in UK who sells the various sized gimmicks, and rather surprisingly the very size supplied with the trick seem to be out of stock, none of the other hundred or so sizes, just that one, I would think various mages and magic stores are stocking up, thankfully I need a larger size, so here is hoping that it still works the same for me, with the bigger erm.. Gimmicks.
Harry2665
View Profile
Loyal user
So pitiful, all I have are
205 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
I was going to buy this but after checking the reviews on Vanishing Inc and Penguin from people who actually bought the product, I am staying away.
gowenmagic
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of gowenmagic
So I tried this on my partner and right away he said it hurt and felt like a rubber band hit him. I’m thinking of doing this with a cloth on someone’s hand under the chip.any other ideas?
WizTom
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of WizTom
This is one of the worst tricks I ever purchased. It doesn't work at all. The "highlight" from Blackpool? Ha, Ha, Ha... The greatest fake ever... Sorry. This is garbage. Save your money guys... Time changed - sadly - no honest reviews any more. You will see and feel it - when you buy it...
badwords
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of badwords
This is one of those times that I wish it was marketed as a cheaper download. It's hard for me to justify buying this with the exchange rates where they're at now and a gimmick that is something I probably already have. Felt the same way about last year's blackpool trick of the year, too.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
995 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Even if they told you what the gimmick was. You still wouldn't know how to use it to do the effect, right? Smile
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2207 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2024, WizTom wrote:
This is one of the worst tricks I ever purchased. It doesn't work at all. The "highlight" from Blackpool? Ha, Ha, Ha... The greatest fake ever... Sorry. This is garbage. Save your money guys... Time changed - sadly - no honest reviews any more. You will see and feel it - when you buy it...

I disagree.
Reactions have been great for me and it certainly works.