The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Mind Entanglement by Hank and Joseph Lee (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
995 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, Michael Dustman wrote:
So, it begs the question then....and don't mean to sound stupid stating or asking the obvious...but would this be better suited to see the markings in the jumbo version?

The marks on the Jumbo version are easier to see, but you have to look at more than one place.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
995 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Crazy that the markings are hard to read. As Neil says, this sort of effect stands or falls depending on the clarity of the markings (and there are soooo many ways to mark clearly and deceptively)

Playing Devil's advocate here, but the audience might see it if the marks are clear, like Mindblox? (I'm not saying Mindblox has bad markings, it's just very easy to read Smile)
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2467 Posts

Profile of benbv
Would someone be able to compare the markings here to the markings in Impossible? (as in in terms of difficulty reading them) I’ve never had a problem with the Impossible markings… I’d rather the markings to not be obvious just in case, although I’ve never had anyone ask to inspect the cards
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, yin_howe wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Crazy that the markings are hard to read. As Neil says, this sort of effect stands or falls depending on the clarity of the markings (and there are soooo many ways to mark clearly and deceptively)

Playing Devil's advocate here, but the audience might see it if the marks are clear, like Mindblox? (I'm not saying Mindblox has bad markings, it's just very easy to read Smile)

You can have deceptive and clear. Dee Christopher's Eclipse deck, Michael Murray's Naked ESP deck etc

(Sorry, ignore my above post. I messed up)
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
995 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On May 9, 2024, benbv wrote:
Would someone be able to compare the markings here to the markings in Impossible? (as in in terms of difficulty reading them) I’ve never had a problem with the Impossible markings… I’d rather the markings to not be obvious just in case, although I’ve never had anyone ask to inspect the cards

The marks on Mind Entanglement (Closeup ver) are smaller. I had no problems with the marks for IMPOSSIBLE, or maybe I just got used to them with practice.
Maybe that will be the case for Mind Entanglement too with some practice.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
854 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Quote:
On May 7, 2024, magicmind wrote:
IS it just me.... or when this was first advertised did you also rush to see "Hank Lee" thinking he was back in business?

I sure did, Hair Plug Hank still owes me $$$!
Christo
View Profile
Loyal user
Cyprus
231 Posts

Profile of Christo
MoonRazor.

I was with you too. Just how long agoid all that blow up. Was it 2010 or earlier or later. What with Covid where we all lost a couple of years it's hard to remember.

C
"Humpty was pushed!!"
joogy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of joogy
Hola all,

Finally I can at least do a review, rather than look for reviews.
I bought this directly from the creator.
The tutorial is very thorough even with the English subtitles, everything is easy to understand.
However, the markings are hard to pick up quickly,even when cards are placed on the table. In some of the routines, you need to see what is in the spectators hand, for me this is nigh on impossible, and my eyesight is okay. I merely perform for friends and family, so if I'm in a restaurant or pub, and you have reflective light, it's going to be difficult in the speed of picking up the markings. That's the main issue for me, the speed of detection, but I'm far from an accomplished magician so others may find it easier.
A kind member showed me an alternative handling which for me is perfect, but as far as the tutorial goes, the only routine I would try and perform is the one where the spectator places his cards on the table.
Even then, I'd be bumbling around looking at which card to put down from my own hand!

I hope this helps anyone who is contemplating on buying this.

Joogy
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2890 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Great review. Thanks.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2467 Posts

Profile of benbv
Quote:
On May 9, 2024, yin_howe wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2024, benbv wrote:

The marks on Mind Entanglement (Closeup ver) are smaller. I had no problems with the marks for IMPOSSIBLE, or maybe I just got used to them with practice.
Maybe that will be the case for Mind Entanglement too with some practice.

Thanks!