The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Paperwork by Scott Creasey and The 1914 (184 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Long time fan of Scott’s, his two mega books are essential reading. This set is a delight and I’ve only had time to watch the first volume. Can’t wait to see his work with folded billets next.
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
806 Posts

Profile of Scott
So I had an email from Bill O'Connell who informs me he has been told he can no longer do chapter by chapter reviews of new releases on the cafe which surprises me, but he was kind enough to say this

"Wow, what a fantastic course you and The 1914 have produced. It took me acouple of days to go through all of the modules in both volumes. It is massive and impressive. This is the BIG BANG of mentalism." Bill.
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2890 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Huh?! I love Stunninger's chapter by chapter reviews. Well ... great to hear he loves this.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3271 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On May 6, 2024, Scott wrote:
So I had an email from Bill O'Connell who informs me he has been told he can no longer do chapter by chapter reviews of new releases on the cafe which surprises me, but he was kind enough to say this

"Wow, what a fantastic course you and The 1914 have produced. It took me acouple of days to go through all of the modules in both volumes. It is massive and impressive. This is the BIG BANG of mentalism." Bill.

Absolutely ridiculous, but has become the norm around here.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Psy
Im loving this release!
What size is the small rubber band you use for VOL 1? Woukd you be so kind to post an Amazon link?
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, Psy wrote:
Im loving this release!
What size is the small rubber band you use for VOL 1? Woukd you be so kind to post an Amazon link?

I too would like the link to the rubber bands.

I have just finished watching both volumes. One of the best mentalism video lectures, indeed!
corindaman
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of corindaman
25 x Short Thick 2 inch x 1/2 inch Wide First Steps Rubber Elastic Bands 50mm x 12mm No.81. Put that in the search bar and you will find them!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3271 Posts

Profile of 252life
I've performed his bookless book test a few times over the past few days, and to say it's a killer isn't doing it justice. I even did it on the fly via Zoom with the same reactions. This entire release is a phenomenal treasure trove of info. I've even updated some of my tried and true handlings (opening/closing/switching, etc) Scott just impresses the he11 out of me.

-Theodore Annemann
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2848 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
252, agree wholeheartedly! Isn't the folded billet work in volume 2 amazing? The opening/closing/switchings are so good. I don't think most realize Scott has worked on, refined, and developed these moves/handlings for decades to get them where they are. And we reap the rewards of his years of effort with an investment that is a pittance compared to the value. The "from your pockets Q&A" that can be done for groups of 3 to 20 is one of my favorites on this set. So good. But the whole course is, as you say, a real treasure.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3271 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, Stunninger wrote:
252, agree wholeheartedly! Isn't the folded billet work in volume 2 amazing? The opening/closing/switchings are so good. I don't think most realize Scott has worked on, refined, and developed these moves/handlings for decades to get them where they are. And we reap the rewards of his years of effort with an investment that is a pittance compared to the value. The "from your pockets Q&A" that can be done for groups of 3 to 20 is one of my favorites on this set. So good. But the whole course is, as you say, a real treasure.

100%
For the folks that don't like open b1llets, Vol. 2 has you covered. I've been going over this with his books in hand. I can not remember being this pleased with a purchase in forever. To anyone new to Scott's work, some of it may seem intimidating at first glance. But actually work through it, and it is incredibly straight forward. SO good Smile

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3271 Posts

Profile of 252life
And props to The1914. I'm happy it's Scott-centric without a panel of people getting involved. This is well filmed, concise and clear. The way I've been re-watching this, had there been unnecessary chit chat on random tangents...I would have lost my marbles by now.

-Theodore Annemann
influentialist
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of influentialist
Quote:
On May 8, 2024, 252life wrote:
And props to The1914. I'm happy it's Scott-centric without a panel of people getting involved. This is well filmed, concise and clear. The way I've been re-watching this, had there been unnecessary chit chat on random tangents...I would have lost my marbles by now.

I'm generally onboard with that philosophy, but would have preferred to see the 4DT performed with 3 people.

Really enjoying it, though.
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
806 Posts

Profile of Scott
Thanks for the great reviews guys they really are appreciated.

If you get a moment can you do me a big favour, add them to the reviews section on the 1914 page so that those who don't visit the cafe can take a look.

Cheers

Scott

influentialist
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of influentialist
Quote:
On May 9, 2024, Scott wrote:
Thanks for the great reviews guys they really are appreciated.

If you get a moment can you do me a big favour, add them to the reviews section on the 1914 page so that those who don't visit the cafe can take a look.

Cheers

Scott

Volume 1 review submitted. Pity the 1914 restricts us to 255 characters!

Loved the Q&A in this volume, and was great to see Dee genuinely fooled by the Minimalist Peek.

Looking forward to a weekend with Volume 2.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Reviews left at the1914 under my real name.
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
510 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Here's a link for 1 inch black rubber bands.

PATIKIL Silicone Rubber Bands Cable Ties 50pcs Non-slip 1" Flat Black
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BN7K......OMP&th=1
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
421 Posts

Profile of Paradise
Is in of this covered in Scott’s books?
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
806 Posts

Profile of Scott
If you've not seen it yet, Nique Tan has put up his review of volume one on his YouTube channel with volume two to follow.

Cheers

Scott

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2848 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
One of the highlights of this course for me is seeing Scott perform. Books are wonderful, but there's also something wonderful about seeing a routine masterfully performed, and taught, from different camera angles. Paperworks is the perfect companion to Scott's previous books MMM 1, MMM2 and MDQ&A.

There's an elegance to what's taught. I doubt any living person has thought more about billet routines, psychology, choreography, moves, methods and practical application than Scott. He's included what needs to be present in order for each routine to be entertaining, deceptive and easy to perform, while stripping away everything else. Genius.

252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3271 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On May 11, 2024, Stunninger wrote:
One of the highlights of this course for me is seeing Scott perform. Books are wonderful, but there's also something wonderful about seeing a routine masterfully performed, and taught, from different camera angles. Paperworks is the perfect companion to Scott's previous books MMM 1, MMM2 and MDQ&A.

There's an elegance to what's taught. I doubt any living person has thought more about billet routines, psychology, choreography, moves, methods and practical application than Scott. He's included what needs to be present in order for each routine to be entertaining, deceptive and easy to perform, while stripping away everything else. Genius.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-Theodore Annemann