The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Double Release Launch TONIGHT (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
736 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
There is an issue with the ubiquity of the particular pad being discussed, on things like talent shows etc. They're arguably overused in their original form. But this looks like it does a beautiful job of getting around any hint of recognition from spectators via convincing storytelling, routining and a prop that fits.

It goes to show how much more can be done with the mechanical part of this method with a bit of creativity.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2850 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
So I like the theme of this presentation a lot. Agree this is a very nice way telling an interesting story, and in the process, hides the method well.

Specifically regarding the effect shown in the demo video, my concern is, if you were to perform this in a cabaret, stage or private party setting, unless I'm missing something, the thought of image is always going to be the same. So if you are performing in an environment where a person may see your show more than once, they are always going to see the same image thought of. With the s******* principle, I assume this is correct, but perhaps I'm missing something?

If the thought of image is always the same, it would be great if several versions of the prop were available so you could alternate the image for repeat performances, as some other props are which use the same method.

Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
David - Im glad you can see not just the value offered here but also how open I'm being about it.

Dirtycourcalt - thank you. The context and recreation of literal conditions outlined in the document justify the whole process here which is really pleasing and makes it much more deceptive.

Stunninger - Actually on the tutorial I cover what you are mentioning so that you can have different endings. That same approach also allows you to do it with multiple people. On top of that I talk about alternative approaches that allow you to do this easily with 3 or 4 people (or more).

Like everything I share - I have really done this a-lot and will continue to do it forever: so the tutorial lets that experience shine through.

I am extremely unlikely to make another batch of DECLASSIFIED as its really expensive to have made and very heavy to ship. So when they are gone, that will be it.

Whilst alternative versions sound like a logical way to go, they are really not needed.

For more formal shows, whether that be private parties or cabaret - you will really enjoy the PRO approach that involves even more people, combines DECLASSIFIED (standard) with other methods that include letting multiple people create one image you can still know not just the combined created image but also who has drawn which part of the image. Its a full show, ready to go.

All the full details of PRO are here: https://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Store.......tegory=0
I hope that helps.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
736 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
How many pages is the special document?
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 10, 2024, dirtyfoucault wrote:
How many pages is the special document?

60 pages. Printed on such high quality paper. Hand assembled, machine cut. Checked by me then hand finished (by me).

In itself the prop is a work of art and movie prop level.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
736 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Sold! Sounds great.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 11, 2024, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Sold! Sounds great.

Ha! Happy to hear it.

You’ll enjoy it.

Let me know if you need a hand with your order.

Chris
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

All direct orders have now shipped (2 days early!) Smile.

Surprise.

The PRO price is going up very very soon.

Thanks for the amazing support on DECLASSIFIED & DECLASSIFIED PRO.

Chris
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3788 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Cool, on it's way early.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Received mine today. It was actually guaranteed delivery by 13:00 but didn’t come until 13:12. I was too excited to chastise the postie.

Watched the video, read the pro instructions. Excellent.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of Lior
I got it at Blackpool and bought the upgrade few days ago.

I love the story line and I am going to use it
with the other 2 picture duplications I already do in my show.
everything is very organic.

You can also put 2-3 spoons in the envelope and do
a short spoon bending demonstration

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
I realised after watching a performance what the method is and yes it is really simple BUT if you perform this well and not just pluck a page you will get milage out of it. I have bought this but difficult to get in the UK right now.
Noel
View Profile
Loyal user
Surrey, England
216 Posts

Profile of Noel
Chris has them in the UK and will ship.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

David - so happy that you received DECLASSIFIED PRO and are enjoying it! Also glad you avoided an argument with your postman!

Lior - thank you, you have shared with me and here some excellent additions to DECLASSIFIED - I’m so happy you like it.

Garyogden - whilst the core method here is no secret (I’ve been very open about it on Luca Volpe’s FB group and in emails, at lectures and on the phone. There is a lot more going on here with subtleties, specific language I use and teach and of course, the context that really make this a special thing.

I do have PRO sets and normal sets here: https://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Store.php

I am the only place to obtain DECLASSIFIED PRO and offer a flat rate worldwide shipping, and fre shipping on orders over £100.

The price of PRO is going up really really soon!
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
530 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
I do not want to destroy a good story and plot, but if you have studied James Randi's work on Uri Geller and the "scientific" investigations regarding Geller's abilities, you will find that it was not CIA who investigated Uri Geller in 1973.

This pdf, available to download on the Internet, is a copy, probably obtained by CIA from Stanford University, and THEIR research by Russel Targ and Hal Puthof, two investigators at SRI (Stanford Research Institute).
These names (SRI, and the name 'Targ') can be seen in some of the pages in this pdf.

James Randi, I think it was in his book 'Flim Flam', named the two investigators, Russel Targ and Hal Puthof, the 'Laurel & Hardy of Paranormal Research'. Smile

Now, don't get my wrong!
I think it a brilliant idea of Christopher to use this!
And I have also sent him my order!

And of course: Why didn't I think of this myself?

Great, Chris! Smile
Hope you send it to me soon!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2264 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I like the prop, I dislike the Pro addition. I believe it was falsely advertised/described and if I could specify, I'm pretty sure you'd agree. Curious to hear what other owners think
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
538 Posts

Thomas - of course some creative license is used here when presenting DECLASSIFIED, however the CIA did indeed Declassify the document's in 2003 and the story is truly remarkable. One that is worth sharing all by itself but when paired with the motivated actions outlined in the document and perfect method - you have a real gem. Thanks so much for your order and support.

Patrick - i’m sorry to hear that. I take great care when writing my descriptions for everything and with the feedback for DECLASSIFIED PRO I have received here(just scroll up) and personally via email being glowing - I’m surprised to read your comment.

Ive done PRO for a long time and it does exactly what it says it does and then some.

A note for everyone - these really won’t be made again. I have just over 1/10 of the production run left so soon the price for PRO really will go up.

The support on this like everything have been wonderful - thank you all.

Here to answer what I can and help in any way I can.

Chris
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2264 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 29, 2024, Christopher_Rawlins wrote:

Patrick - i’m sorry to hear that. I take great care when writing my descriptions for everything and with the feedback for DECLASSIFIED PRO I have received here(just scroll up) and personally via email being glowing - I’m surprised to read your comment.

Ive done PRO for a long time and it does exactly what it says it does and then some.

A note for everyone - these really won’t be made again. I have just over 1/10 of the production run left so soon the price for PRO really will go up.

The support on this like everything have been wonderful - thank you all.

Here to answer what I can and help in any way I can.

Chris

I see no feedback on Declassified pro on here and although the Pro addition might play well in real life, there is some highly misleading stuff in the description of the effect. Can’t even use the typical excuse of “But it’s what they experience”, because it’s *not* what they experience. I wish I could speak more openly, I’m surprised if you don’t know exactly what I’m talking about.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1431 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
CIA or Stanford, it doesn't really matter. Hollywood doesn't get hung up on details like that and neither should you.

Regarding Pro, I'm not sure what the issue is but I certainly appreciate discretion on an open forum. I would reach out to Chris directly, as you can see here he is very open to discussion.

Does the effect play out EXACTLY as described? No, not exactly. Then again, you don't actually place the coin in your other hand before it disappears but that's the story they will tell and the story is the only thing that matters.

My only criticism of the description is that Chris calls it a complete show, I would describe it as more of an act.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2264 Posts

Mac, you did exactly what I mentioned can't be done in this instance... It's not an apt comparison because what they see in the coin vanish is the same, but what they see in Declassified Pro is not.

I'm not trying to kill sales or be disrespectful, I just want to open up a discussion so that potential buyers are aware of something that's being hidden, and I think it matters.