The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: ICEBERG (ACAAN app) by Shameer Salim (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bottom Drawer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Bottom Drawer
Great
thanks. (As someone who performs the ACAAN all the time, I can tell you that the first thing lay people think is that there are duplicates in the deck, and they do pick up the deck and look through it).

Can you put a video on here of you performing yours please, Uncut?

Thanks so much

BD
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2024, Bottom Drawer wrote:
Great
thanks. (As someone who performs the ACAAN all the time, I can tell you that the first thing lay people think is that there are duplicates in the deck, and they do pick up the deck and look through it).

Can you put a video on here of you performing yours please, Uncut?

Thanks so much

BD

Sorry but I am not on this thread to talk about myself, and I do not intend to hijack or derail this thread. I sent you a pm.

My intentions here are to learn more about this product - Iceberg.

I am a magic reviewer and as such I like to learn what I can about magic products that are for sale.

I am still waiting to hear the answers to my questions.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Unbiased The Definitive ACAAN -The BEST Ungimmicked ACAAN - https://youtu.be/YtAAETDIouA
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1438 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
The trailer doesn’t really show how the app is actually used - it just shows the end result, which we all know. I’m guessing the app will simply tell you where to cut the deck, and seems that the Apple Watch is the go-to Peek method?

I would just like to know

How the phone is used to disguise the input method(s)?

How many peek options are there?

I just want to assess how practical this will be for a working magician please?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Bottom Drawer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Bottom Drawer
It's not rocket science, If this is a world-beater put the complete video up and sales will go mad or bomb.

Simples

BD
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1438 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2024, Bottom Drawer wrote:
It's not rocket science, If this is a world-beater put the complete video up and sales will go mad or bomb.

Simples

BD

100%
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
dawnzubair
View Profile
New user
Singapore
85 Posts

Profile of dawnzubair
I trust UnbiasedMagicReviews and follow his youtube channel for honest reviews. None of the reviews and recommendations were off the mark for me. I am sure he would end up buying this app and do a full review.
Bottom Drawer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Bottom Drawer
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2024, dawnzubair wrote:
I trust UnbiasedMagicReviews and follow his youtube channel for honest reviews. None of the reviews and recommendations were off the mark for me. I am sure he would end up buying this app and do a full review.

I hope he does Sir, make a great viewing especially as he sells his version.

BD
magicodemian
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magicodemian
Since I started doing ACAAN, my biggest problem was the difficulty of doing the math. I know for many of you this may sound like a joke, but for me it was quite complicated. I tried several methods; there was something really clever that I put behind the phone case, it was pretty cool, but there wasn't any good justification for staring at my phone for several minutes haha.

So, after that, I bought the "Card Stats" app from the late Max Krause. Then, I also bought "RACAAN" from Greg Rostami and used it with some project from Gui Del Frate's "TAP", the problem with the latter is that the prediction was so strong that afterwards, when I finished the ACAAN in the real world, it was weaker than the prediction from the photo. Anyway, among other methods that I don't remember.

So, Shameer released the ICEBERG app. I saw the trailer and thought the inputs were incredible, but I didn't like the ACAAN. I kept bothering Shameer until he made it for Asi Wind's ACAAN, which is what I use. After a lot of nagging, he gave in. I'm not sure if I was responsible for him giving in, or if several other users also convinced him, but at least I helped influence him haha.

So, there are several great inputs, but what I liked the most was in this order:

1) Safari: something that fakes Google, and then you can search for "random number generator", and then generate numbers. And while doing this, he really has free choice to decide which number he wants.

2) Notepad: it's very simple and quite functional, you just write the card and the number and do a peek from where you should cut so that it stays in the correct order.

3) Camera: It's what appears in the trailer, I thought it was pretty cool, but I didn't find a good justification for it, maybe something like: I'm going to record you saying the card and the number to have as proof later, anyway I'm sure you guys will come up with a better justification haha.

And there's one more that might come out and I'm probably not authorized to say, but I'll tell you it's the best thing possible.

I really couldn't recommend this app more if you do ACAAN and have some kind of dyscalculia like me haha.
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
315 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
I have been testing the new PRO mode for ICEBERG and I think you guys will like the new stuff he's been adding. Asi's ACAAN has also been added along with other ways to input without touching the phones. I hope he shares the news soon. It's a huge add-on.
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
Bottom Drawer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Bottom Drawer
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2024, patrickkun wrote:
I have been testing the new PRO mode for ICEBERG and I think you guys will like the new stuff he's been adding. Asi's ACAAN has also been added along with other ways to input without touching the phones. I hope he shares the news soon. It's a huge add-on.

Great news thanks.

I’m in now. Lots have ripped off Asi’s this add on will be great.

BD
shameersalim
View Profile
New user
Charlotte, NC
36 Posts

Profile of shameersalim
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2024, Bottom Drawer wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2024, patrickkun wrote:

Great news thanks.

I’m in now. Lots have ripped off Asi’s this add on will be great.

BD

Iceberg was initially catered to do a really clean ACAAN with no(minimal) sleights involved. Like G said before, Iceberg is based on Barry Richardson/Mitchell Kettlewell's method. (I call it half&half)

I have added a new mode - CUT which is different from the half & half mode. The deck is stacked in your favorite stack and the user is given an absolute free choice of a card and any number from 1-52 (without any restrictions), and the app calculates and tells you which card(and number of cards) to cut to.

The app only tells you which card to cut to (like mentioned in the Mnemonica Book) and Asi's handling is NOT taught within the project.
Bottom Drawer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Bottom Drawer
Thanks for this update Shameer.
Lots butcher the Asi technique, so yours is probably the best bet.

BD
Delandrodders
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Delandrodders
Sounds exactly like Racaan by Greg Rostami which is brilliant by the way.
Bottom Drawer
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Bottom Drawer
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2024, Delandrodders wrote:

Your right. I have that app it’s great. Why would I need this new one.

BD
shameersalim
View Profile
New user
Charlotte, NC
36 Posts

Profile of shameersalim
Quote:
Quote:

BD

I don't have Racaan and can only speak about Iceberg. You have a variety of inputs to choose from and many ways to peek as well.
Iceberg lets you do the easy ACAAN (Icecold) and also the typical Mnemonica based ACAAN and Asi's ACAAN where some sleight is needed.
Notes Input is kind of hands free where spectator does all the work. You can peek within the app, on your apple watch etc.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2207 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2024, shameersalim wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

BD

I don't have Racaan and can only speak about Iceberg. You have a variety of inputs to choose from and many ways to peek as well.
Iceberg lets you do the easy ACAAN (Icecold) and also the typical Mnemonica based ACAAN and Asi's ACAAN where some sleight is needed.
Notes Input is kind of hands free where spectator does all the work. You can peek within the app, on your apple watch etc.

Just to be clear this helps with the calculation for Asi's version?

Thanks
shameersalim
View Profile
New user
Charlotte, NC
36 Posts

Profile of shameersalim
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2024, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2024, shameersalim wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

BD

Just to be clear this helps with the calculation for Asi's version?

Thanks

Yes it does.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1888 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Hey friends,

I made a quick review and walkthrough for the Iceberg App Smile

https://youtu.be/-Hez9XhBJFg?si=wqlLvLy9Nqd_UI2F

Let me know if I can help answer any questions!

-Jake
shameersalim
View Profile
New user
Charlotte, NC
36 Posts

Profile of shameersalim
Quote:
On May 5, 2024, Jacob Smith wrote:
Hey friends,

I made a quick review and walkthrough for the Iceberg App Smile

https://youtu.be/-Hez9XhBJFg?si=wqlLvLy9Nqd_UI2F

Let me know if I can help answer any questions!

-Jake

Thank you Jake!!
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1888 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
My pleasure sir!!

It was really cool to be a part of this with you. Definitely loving the steady improvements and features you’re adding in!

-Jake