The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Black Mirror Project by David Jonathan (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1489 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2024, TuneHV wrote:
The setup video and pdf were revised and reuploaded this evening to make certain points clearer.

Should have been done in the first place
Deckhead
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2024, cardbiker wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2024, TuneHV wrote:
The setup video and pdf were revised and reuploaded this evening to make certain points clearer.

Should have been done in the first place

Sometimes when releasing this stuff you don’t know what to expect. The fact that David is even taking the time to do this now is awesome. Appreciated for sure.
Bremner
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Bremner
It would be nice to know which points were made clearer so I don't have to spend 2 1/2 hrs to go through the whole thing again. Please. I do have one problem which I will ask tomorrow.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2069 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2024, Bremner wrote:
It would be nice to know which points were made clearer so I don't have to spend 2 1/2 hrs to go through the whole thing again. Please. I do have one problem which I will ask tomorrow.

The PDF was also updated with a Troubleshooting section on p.16 so your one question may already be answered there.

If you have a specific problem, I would advise going to that section of the 45 min setup video.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
TheLiceMan
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of TheLiceMan
Hopefully he'll release a version where we can use flip phones (I'm an old head)
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3375 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thanks for the Info Nathan.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I got this yesterday, it did take a bit of time to install and adjust everything, but nothing difficult, more just tedious, and you have to meticulously follow along with what David shows in the set-up video. But it is a one time set-up. I'm not too familiar with shortcuts, so at first really didn't understand the ins and outs of it all, but as I worked through the set-up, it all started to gel in that mushy brain of mine and make sense. But again, it's a one time setup and once it was done, I've had a chance to play with a couple of the routines, and have to say it's all so devious, simple and easy to do. Really happy with it!! Plus, for the minor issues I did have during set-up, I posted my problems on the Facebook page and within minutes, David came to the rescue. He provides excellent customer service. Super happy with my purchase and looking forward to trying it all out on real human beings!!
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2069 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Just a heads up - since this works in any language, we also added the tutorials on a private YouTube playlist so you can turn on auto-translated subtitles and learn in your own native language. Oh and this was posted today which shares a lot insight into Black Mirror Project!

David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
Sturgio
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Sturgio
I've given up on this as a total waste of my money. I've spent 4 hours in set-up, and still only 2/3 way through. Half of it might work, but I'm sure half of it won't. Just hope I can get my phone back to normal. This is why buying an App is the always going to be the best way - I feel I've almost built one myself.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2581 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Sturgio, I’d take you seriously but you only have three posts? Pretty new….
CopperChopCup
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2024, Sturgio wrote:
I've given up on this as a total waste of my money. I've spent 4 hours in set-up, and still only 2/3 way through. Half of it might work, but I'm sure half of it won't. Just hope I can get my phone back to normal. This is why buying an App is the always going to be the best way - I feel I've almost built one myself.

DJ literally walks you through it. It’s pretty easy to follow if you watch his video from the beginning with phone in hand.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4325 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2024, CopperChopCup wrote:
Quote:

DJ literally walks you through it. It’s pretty easy to follow if you watch his video from the beginning with phone in hand.

It might be easy but I would appreciate if you can confirm if it does it take 4+ hours to set up the phone following his instructions? If not, please state approximately how long it took you to completely and properly set up your phone. I am curious how long this set up can take.
Thank you.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2069 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
4+ hours? I'm very sorry you had that experience, but that is really excessive compared to the Black Mirror users I have talked to. I understand and expect that you will need to pause and rewind occasionally during the setup video, but I literally setup a phone from scratch, in real time, in 45 minutes on the video in a do-as-i-do format. So you just follow what I do on the screen with your phone in hand as I walk you through it. And please keep in mind you are setting up SEVEN effects, including multiple variations of each, in that timespan. If you only wanted to setup the Lotto routine, for example, that can be done in 5 minutes.

I've mentioned you should be comfortable navigating your way around your phone, but you do not need to have any technical experience to set this up.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4325 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2024, TuneHV wrote:
4+ hours? I'm very sorry you had that experience, but that is really excessive compared to the Black Mirror users I have talked to. I understand and expect that you will need to pause and rewind occasionally during the setup video, but I literally setup a phone from scratch, in real time, in 45 minutes on the video in a do-as-i-do format. So you just follow what I do on the screen with your phone in hand as I walk you through it. And please keep in mind you are setting up SEVEN effects, including multiple variations of each, in that timespan. If you only wanted to setup the Lotto routine, for example, that can be done in 5 minutes.

I've mentioned you should be comfortable navigating your way around your phone, but you do not need to have any technical experience to set this up.

Thank you very much David for your reply and information. I look forward in ordering and using Black Mirror. I have many if your effects and they are all excellent and practical.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2069 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:

Also wanted to add that you can feel free to reach out to me directly and I'd be happy to help.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
Cartelli
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Cartelli
Is it possible to use a different lotto ticket?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2069 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2024, Cartelli wrote:
Is it possible to use a different lotto ticket?

Yes - right now we have tickets for US, UK and Ireland with more being created in the Facebook group. Some users are already using the provided instructions to make their own as well.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
Sturgio
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Sturgio
Quote:

I am very comfortable navigating around the phone, but as you yourself say on the video, it uses a function (Shortcuts) that very few people know about. It does so intensely moreover. I can assure you it has taken 4 frustrating hours - I look forward to further feedback from the Black Mirror Users that you have talked to. Sorry, David, but your 45 minute set up is straight through by somebody who designed the whole thing, so really isn't relevant.
Sturgio
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Sturgio
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2024, Sturgio wrote:
Quote:

I am very comfortable navigating around the phone, but as you yourself say on the video, it uses a function (Shortcuts) that very few people know about. It does so intensely moreover. I can assure you it has taken 4 frustrating hours - I look forward to further feedback from the Black Mirror Users that you have talked to. Sorry, David, but your 45 minute set up is straight through by somebody who designed the whole thing, so really isn't relevant.

Can I delete all these shortcuts that I have half done and start again with just one?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2069 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can I delete all these shortcuts that I have half done and start again with just one?

If that's what you prefer, yes
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -