The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Crazy Sam's Mind by Sam Huang (60 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
If this method is what I think it is, we're really playing fast & loose with what the term "invisible thread" means. Which isn't to say that means the method isn't great. It all looks amazing! But if the underlying principle here is what I suspect, I feel like claiming there's no invisible thread in play is disingenuous and misleading.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Spaceman-fx
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Spaceman-fx
"IT" would not be capable to withstand of the type of force needed to do what’s potraied in the trailer. Yet I am confident, that there are threads and elasitcs involved.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
I think about an old idea I was playing for a while with a short shot of air pressure.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2024, Puzzlemaker wrote:
I think about an old idea I was playing for a while with a short shot of air pressure.

That’s initially what I was thinking, but surely due to the force in what this produces, there would be a lot of sound. Plus the napkin/tissue vanish is crazy - which has the opposite affect to air pressure workings. Very intriguing
magicalec
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of magicalec
I saw this in Blackpool ….it was blowing peoples mind……I was a foot away from the performance with a Pringle balanced on a spectators hand …it absolutely fried everyone…..I was too late…it was sold out by lunchtime Friday.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2889 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Well… that post will sell a thousand or more units…
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1489 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Had it performed on me still no clue how he did it.
mmbob
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of mmbob
Saw it performed a few times and had it performed on me. I have no idea how it was achieved? But it was sold out at £25. I suspect he could have charged double that.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2593 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Wow, even people saw it up close don't have a clue. Going straight to my wishlist.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1709 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Looks great!
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
There’s got to be some raw footage of this performed in the dealer hall/Ruskin etc. Hopefully this will surface in the next couple of days
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3086 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
When he does this his left hand is touching or just under your right hand and there is snapping sound with the effect. I don’t really know how it works (I had it done on me). But it not like your looking at the chip from across the room and it soundlessly breaks. I did not pick it up and I’m actually not sure how it will play for lay people. But yes he sure sold a lot.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2889 Posts

How this actually plays for lay people is a great question. The moments stuff happens are so short it’s hardly a routine in itself. You have to make it that and come up with a great presentation à la Andy. Sam’s presentation in the video is hokey as heck. The funny thing is of course that for lay people there is no difference between this and many other mysteries we perform, a vanishing hank can be just as magical. But for us it is really new and exciting. It’s good to be aware of that.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3222 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Maybe start off with a normal PK effect where you move something with your mind ever slightly. And then have them try and the chip explodes. Could be a starting point, haven’t put a lot of thought into it yet
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2889 Posts

Combining it with PK sounds great to me.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3222 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2024, Xcath1 wrote:
When he does this his left hand is touching or just under your right hand and there is snapping sound with the effect. I don’t really know how it works (I had it done on me). But it not like your looking at the chip from across the room and it soundlessly breaks. I did not pick it up and I’m actually not sure how it will play for lay people. But yes he sure sold a lot.

Was it the sound that pushed you towards not purchasing it
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3086 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I’m not sure, just felt more gimmicky than magical to me. That said I admit I don’t know how it works and I don’t really do PK stuff and I do have his other products.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1211 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Keeping an eye on this. Would work well in conjuction with Magneto for me....
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
At 10:25 we can see it briefly performed (Pringle effect)
https://youtu.be/50DeT2n9Jcc?si=jj3IF-TbaeI_1Z_n
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
I've uploaded two raw performances of it in this video: