The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Switch-A-Two by Mark Mason (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..14~15~16 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2838 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:
The original was great but quite bulky, and required fixing in place using a pin - maybe this has been replaced by the magnetic locking instead, which would make it much easier to position. If someone could share the difference(s) with the original that would be very useful.

I still have the original and was bulky and only looked ok in a jacket pocket. This also looks kinda bulky but hard to tell because he has a jacket on as well witch might tell me it is bulky. Now if I can perform this in a shirt pocket then will be a great gimmick.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1443 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:
The original was great but quite bulky, and required fixing in place using a pin - maybe this has been replaced by the magnetic locking instead, which would make it much easier to position. If someone could share the difference(s) with the original that would be very useful.

Yes you may find it’s a similar fixing to secret servante 😉

LOL, exactly!
Magically,

Website - www.sgmagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
Think of using this as an ultra clean alpha deck by Richard Sanders
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Looks amazing - I can see a lot of applications for this baby. I will patiently await reviews, and that my magic dealers gets it.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2021, Daren wrote:

I'm not sure I understand logistically how this would work. You need 17 special cards for Alpha Deck, no?
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1606 Posts

Profile of Jared
I inquired to Murphy's about the actual dimensions of the device (i.e. the width opening) because this could be quite interesting for switching envelopes (multiple outs). I'm hoping that it will work with an envelope measuring 3" x 4.25" (larger #4 coin). I owned one of the originals and like most thought it was 'cool' except that securing it took too much time and once installed it took too much real estate since the pocket couldn't be used for anything else. I also didn't care for thickness of the plastic (composite) material and overall bulkiness. It could have been made sleeker to be more pocket-friendly.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2021, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure I understand logistically how this would work. You need 17 special cards for Alpha Deck, no?

No, alpha deck is a location of four aces and rest of deck blank
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2021, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Quote:

No, alpha deck is a location of four aces and rest of deck blank

Ah yes, my mistake, I was thinking of "Any Card," which I perform much more often these days.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2264 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Alpha Deck is basically shown on the trailer for Switch-a-Two so it obviously works, it's one of the applications I'm interested in as well.

However, the structure of the effect would differ since you can't show the aces as you go. You'd need a reason to put the aces in your pocket before showing them, and if the reason is to show the blank deck, I think that's a completely backwards way to do the effect and far too weak.
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Bande
I am just an amateur magician, and do not know Alpha but it seems pretty sweet to put 4 aces in the device ahead of time. Have the specs take out 4 random cards face down -- obviously truly random as they are all blank. Put their cards in your pocket, do the switch and the patter as you wish -- i.e the odds of you selecting 1 ace is 4/52, 2 would be 4/52x3/51 etc. Show the aces as a 1 in a million pick but explain this is even stranger as those were the only cards as the rest were blank. (Amusingly from a math standpoint the odds are actually the same but I think few people will care). Smile
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2264 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Yes I suppose if you have them select the aces one at a time, you'd put them in your pocket one at a time, talk about the odds, take the aces out, then show the blank deck. Would definitely work well
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Can anyone who has the original comment on durability and noise?
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
@dan it is very durable and there is no noise at all due to the nature of the mechanism
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Thanks Simon, looks like I'm spending more money before Christmas then..
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Just hoping version 2 is a little slimmer/thinner in design.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2021, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Alpha Deck is basically shown on the trailer for Switch-a-Two so it obviously works, it's one of the applications I'm interested in as well.

However, the structure of the effect would differ since you can't show the aces as you go. You'd need a reason to put the aces in your pocket before showing them, and if the reason is to show the blank deck, I think that's a completely backwards way to do the effect and far too weak.

From a magicians point of view it may seem weak perhaps. The strong point here is that the chosen cards remain in full view the whole time.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
Just hoping version 2 is a little slimmer/thinner in design.

I bought the original one, I never used it due its size and it doesn't work smoothly as advertised!
I hope this improved over the original.
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
Can I do it in my backpocket?
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2021, chrisgali wrote:

Not sure what you are planning, but the whole point is to have the cards in full view before switching them. If you put them into your backpocket where nobody can see them you are missing the point.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2021, chrisgali wrote:

Extremely intrigued with this routine