The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: WAJTTT Presents - Method 01 by Calen Morelli (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1157 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
You can hear more about Method 01 from my recent chat with Calen. *** this guy is amazing!

reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2207 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I like it and easy to perform.
If you like the effect you won’t be disappointed.
The ten is the hardest to do imo.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
611 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
I found this yesterday and wasn't going to share it, but in the youtube comments WAJTTT said they are ok with the secret being "open source" https://youtu.be/1fEs99KF1g4
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:
I found this yesterday and wasn't going to share it, but in the youtube comments WAJTTT said they are ok with the secret being "open source" https://youtu.be/1fEs99KF1g4

This has always been my argument. If it’s a gimmick that’s factory made then why not share the secret to potential buyers, like any other product? Kudos to Calen. I hope this motivates others to do the same.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Got it today, and love it. The gimmick is very durable, and the effect is easy to perform. I will get a lot of use out of this. In answer to an earlier question, yes, the gimmick can be transferred to another card box.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, rosariorose9 wrote:
Got it today, and love it. The gimmick is very durable, and the effect is easy to perform. I will get a lot of use out of this. In answer to an earlier question, yes, the gimmick can be transferred to another card box.

Yes we all know now. Lol.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:

This has always been my argument. If it’s a gimmick that’s factory made then why not share the secret to potential buyers, like any other product? Kudos to Calen. I hope this motivates others to do the same.

Yup. This kind of thing makes me more likely to buy as I know I won't get burned. I think the worries about "exposure" in cases like this are way overblown.
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2020, IAIN wrote:
Ok, got mine today...

i'll be brief... for the money, the gimmick is a bit jagged and came close to piercing the skin on my right index a couple of times - I'm sure I'll find a way to smooth the edges down a little, without losing definition...but, for nearly £30, I'd want a bit more attention to detail...

I remember the ATHOS gimmick, cut from metal and that was smoother to use...

it definitely works, and I like how its hidden in plain sight. if you've ever wanted to be taught magic by a guy standing out in the wilderness, afoot a hillock, then this is your dream buy...

Besides Iain (above) is anyone else finding the gimmick too sharp?
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
It is not too sharp for me. In my opinion, it is perfect as it has great definition.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2020, MattSconce wrote:
It is not too sharp for me. In my opinion, it is perfect as it has great definition.

(Looks down and realises his keyboard is covered in blood)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2896 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
(screaming “WAJTTT?!”)
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Came up with a little routine... spectator shuffles a deck which is then spread face down, spectator slides one card out and the remaining cards are placed back in the box.
I ask the spectator if we can use their phone, I then turn around and ask the spectator to look at the card they picked and take a photo of it, they close the phone and lay it face down on the table. I turn back to them and pick up the box and get them to slide the card into the middle of the deck.....
The spectator turns on the flash on the phone and I download the memory from the phone.

My motivation for the actions above start when I ask the spectator if we can use their phone, I start talking about how amazing smartphones are and I have discovered a way to tap into the memory on the phone.
As the spectator is sliding the card back in the box I'm asking the spectator to turn on the flash on the phone...
Now I tell the spectator that I'm going to download the information of the photo they just took... I place my two finger tips on the flash and "download the information " I do the reveal and Bob's your uncle....
Just something a little different, I've performed it a few times now and its getting great reactions
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6788 Posts

Profile of videoman
Nice idea AceFace.
A force or marked deck?
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, videoman wrote:
Nice idea AceFace.
A force or marked deck?

I use a marked deck... looks nice and clean 👍👍
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
611 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
AceFace, I really like the routine beats/choreography you came up with there. Gives extra purpose to why you are handling a boxed deck, and their phone.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:
AceFace, I really like the routine beats/choreography you came up with there. Gives extra purpose to why you are handling a boxed deck, and their phone.

Thank you... it’s so easy doing what you need to do whilst they slide the card back in the box and timing is perfect for the reveal... I love the blister plot and have performed it many times but I wanted something a little different. If you guys use it then let me know how it goes
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
611 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Been playing around with this the last few days, an addition I added to my gimmick is adding a small bead of UV plastic weld to the start of the first 4 rows. For me, it's smoother to feel for the beads (basically like braille) then the cutouts when trying to get to the proper row.
Nigel Quinn
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
118 Posts

Profile of Nigel Quinn
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:
Been playing around with this the last few days, an addition I added to my gimmick is adding a small bead of UV plastic weld to the start of the first 4 rows. For me, it's smoother to feel for the beads (basically like braille) then the cutouts when trying to get to the proper row.

Brilliant idea! I've attached my gimmick to a Carat DS1 EDC Deck Sleeve. Gives that extra support whilst protecting the tuck.
Magician. Supervillain. World domination.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:

GREAT idea. Thanks! And no, I do not find my gimmick to be too 'sharp.'
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
611 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Yeah, wouldn't describe it as sharp, but maybe crisp edges. But it's needed for well defined blisters.