The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Doc Eason/ Paul Harris (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Thanks so much, I appreciate the help Smile

Let me know when the next meeting is and I will send out some DVD's to give away...? Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Very kind of you, Kozmo.

KJ
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
No problem
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Kozmo, you know I love the site and all you do. I really liked the lecture too with one exception (and if I am taking this out of context from some major incident in the past PLEASE explain). I was a little disheartened watching the live event (and again on the now streaming video) where he refers to (questions part 4 at aprox 3:42) "Now there is that cesspool we call the Magic Café" which gets a snicker and a grin from Garrett and a pretty full belly laugh from Kainoa. "I" felt a bit belittled being huge fans of all 3 and a very active member here (as probably the majority of your subscribers are also - or at least here to some extent). Are we less than worthy of hearing his words of wisdom?

I would venture to guess it stems from an old thread somewhere where there was a heated discussion about yea or nay to opening a set with a card trick, but I still felt a little disheartened after hearing it live. I didn't post anything earlier because I was not sure I heard it right but after you got it up on the site. Now I am sure I heard it right and in the context of that night along with the reactions of two other great magicians I look up to. A lot of us may not have dvds or big careers followed by many and this "cesspool" is our only means of interacting with fellow magicians from around the world.

I still love Reel Magazine "The Best Value In Magic", I am still a big fan of Kainoa, Garrett and Doc. I am not insulted enough to not like them or their magic but I was a little hurt by the comment and the reactions. I hold no hard feelings but I just felt I had to point it out, especially when Café members like myself make up so much of their fan base.

Kainoa is a total **** for laughing at people on the Magic Café like that. It was a really girly laugh too. I hope Steve Brooks gives him a slap next time their paths cross.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Kozmo, you know I love the site and all you do. I really liked the lecture too with one exception (and if I am taking this out of context from some major incident in the past PLEASE explain). I was a little disheartened watching the live event (and again on the now streaming video) where he refers to (questions part 4 at aprox 3:42) "Now there is that cesspool we call the Magic Café" which gets a snicker and a grin from Garrett and a pretty full belly laugh from Kainoa. "I" felt a bit belittled being huge fans of all 3 and a very active member here (as probably the majority of your subscribers are also - or at least here to some extent). Are we less than worthy of hearing his words of wisdom?

I would venture to guess it stems from an old thread somewhere where there was a heated discussion about yea or nay to opening a set with a card trick, but I still felt a little disheartened after hearing it live. I didn't post anything earlier because I was not sure I heard it right but after you got it up on the site. Now I am sure I heard it right and in the context of that night along with the reactions of two other great magicians I look up to. A lot of us may not have dvds or big careers followed by many and this "cesspool" is our only means of interacting with fellow magicians from around the world.

I still love Reel Magazine "The Best Value In Magic", I am still a big fan of Kainoa, Garrett and Doc. I am not insulted enough to not like them or their magic but I was a little hurt by the comment and the reactions. I hold no hard feelings but I just felt I had to point it out, especially when Café members like myself make up so much of their fan base.

Kainoa is a total **** for laughing at people on the Magic Café like that. It was a really girly laugh too. I hope Steve Brooks gives him a slap next time their paths cross.

Thank you Mr Hanky Smile
Grasshop34
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincinnati, OH
308 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
Thanks for adding lectures! Keep explanations to a minimum. I like how your lectures have chapter menus so I can skip explanations if it's not a trick I'm looking to use.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2014, Kozmo wrote:
Thanks so much, I appreciate the help Smile

Let me know when the next meeting is and I will send out some DVD's to give away...? Smile

I will be going to Derby Magic Circle in the UK on the 25th March (then in April 29th - you may notice a patten? [It's the last Wednesday of the month]) feel free to send some DVDs too. I already subscribe - but my internet connection is RUBBISH so I don't always keep up to date. But for £5 a month ... well cant beet it or beat it either. Smile