The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: The Extractor E2 By Rob Bromley And Peter Nardi (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2837 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I cant wait for this to come out. I also have the 1st one and use it alot. I will be getting this one as well. I don't mind paying full price for great effects that are very well made.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1064 Posts

Profile of sbays
The Extractor is one of the single best utility devices I have ever owned or seen. I own two of them, and it looks like ill be owning 3 when this comes out. I use it for multiple effects and it is just simply the perfect weapon. KAPOW!
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2013-11-07 00:36, Dannicus wrote:
I don't have either of the previous versions. Still I have a good idea of how this works. Is it fair to say this is must effective if you wear a jacket? I am very intrigued but I work 6 nights a week in pubs and bars and a suit jacket doesn't fit my style. Any help would be appreciated.

Extractor is a utility device so there are many things you can do with Extractor that do not require a jacket, mostly you just need a pocket of some kind. However, having a jacket then offers more pockets and more cover and consequently even more uses, and in general makes it easier to perform many of the effects. Similar to performing versions of Ring Flight or C2W without wearing a coat, it can be done but not usually as simply or easily.
So if Extractor will fill a need for you and you can work out a way to use a pants pocket, then it would fit your style. But again, it may not be possible depending on what you are trying to accomplish.
Hard to imagine you wouldn't come up with a use for it however, even if it's something entirely different from what you had planned originally.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Just a heads up. Over 75% of the first batch (with free shipping) have already been sold.

Regards

Peter
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1526 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Alakazam have the best customer service out of all the dealers I have ever ever purchased from.
And their own bloody good effects to sell too!!
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On 2013-11-07 01:17, drphil wrote:
To maximise the all the benefits of the Extractor you will need to change you're style. By wearing a light sport jacket you also have more pockets to hold more effects. A sport jacket fits in anywhere besides the beach. Plus you can always take it off afterwards. And don't forget the advantage of having a jacket on hand for a cool night. I have the Extractor and would never use it without a jacket with a breast pocket. In fact in the summer I put it away and use a differant card to impossible location.

Thanks DrPhil brother, that's what I figured.

A couple of the pubs I perform in see a lot of magic from other local magicians.. all of them good in their own right. Still, I can perforn 2 hours with no repeats in just an untucked short sleeved buttoned up shirt. The bar owner tells me he gets feedback all the time about how much more impressed they are that I can do miracles "naked". In some ways Laymen are clueless but they are not stupid.

When all the other magicians are wearing jackets especially when none of the patrons are, they begin to assume that the jacket has at least something to do with the magic. It took a while for me to adapt to not wearing a jacket but now that I have, I really like performing without it whenever possible. It eliminates all doubt before they can even think it.
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2042 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Not having owned a prior version, would I be sacrificing anything to get this newer one (or should I stick to an older one if I just use standard bikes)? I'm thinking it's heading onto the Christmas list.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Nathan,

Get the new E2 over the old models. If you use it a lot (which you will Smile the box will eventually become worn. With the E2 it's really easy to keep it in tip top condition.

Best Regards

Peter
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4192 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
If I was still doing magic this would be top of my Christmas list but as a mentalist I have no real use for it. Even though I don't use my extractor gold I couldn't bring myself to sell it. The extractor is one of the best utilities I ever bought.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2042 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Thanks Peter - the wife is getting the updated list (it's high up. Smile)
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys

We are now well in to pre-order for Batch 2 (shipping December 2nd).

Thank you for all your support!

Regards

Peter
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Just received Extractor E2 and I am really pleased with it. Alakazam magic have done an excellent job in getting this produced. I had 2 of the original Extractors but of course you were restricted because you had to use the same box design as the gimmick. Now I can use any pack of poker size playing card box that I want. I am really excited about this and you can perform some real miracles with it. I will be using E2 a lot more now.

Chris Wild
TheStoner
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheStoner
Just arrived - excellent product - this is going to get a LOT of use!
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
My order is placed!
chicane
View Profile
Elite user
New Zealand
465 Posts

Profile of chicane
My E2 arrived yesterday. It's a great gimmick. I had the original and the Gold version and have used Extractor since it first came out.
People ask about discounts etc. That's not really fair. If you have used Extractor for just a couple of jobs you have got your money's worth.

If you had either of the first versions and then buy E2, do what I did in about 15 minutes.
Carefully remove one of the old gimmicks free of the box and place it alongside your new E2
Now compare the two. You should be able to convert your old Extractor into a working version of the new.
It may not be quite as perfect as the brand new E2, but still thank Rob Bromley as he did most of the work for you anyway.

You can now insert your converted extractor into any card case just like the E2.
But buy E2 or you won't know what I am talking about.
FORCE 4 - a TOOL FOR MENTALISTS - OUT NOW

http://www.nzmagic.com/magicshop2015.html
YLyoo
View Profile
Regular user
South Korea
108 Posts

Profile of YLyoo
Does Alakazam ship overseas? I am interested.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

We do ship worldwide http://www.alakazam.co.uk

The next batch of Extractors are due December 2nd but these are pre-selling fast. So if you want one before Christmas, I would place your order soon.

Best Regards

Peter
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
I've got the "old" extractor and love it. In my opinion a well made utility item.
Last year I've succesfully transferred it into another deck. After seeing the "thing" I can tell you this really is a piece of art.

It would be nice if existing owners had the opportunity to be tipped about the enhancement (after proof of purchase and maybe a fee).
I would be willing to pay for that. Since I'm a hobbyist who performs occasionaly I'm limited in budget. I've modified my existing extractor to be used as the effect in the E2 version.
Don't know if it's the same idea but it works!

My advice to existing owners; be creative yourself or buy the E2 (it's always a good investment because it simply works).
People who are on the fence; Buy it! If you like the effects; buy it, learn it and perform.....it is well worth it. If mine breaks for some reason (i have to do something really stupid to do that) I will order a new one immediately.

Peter and Rob hav made one of the best utility items for cardmagic.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Thanks for the great reviews guys.

Regards

Peter
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Is there still free shipping if we order now?
Anything is Possible