The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Justin Miller sale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
drewski
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of drewski
Awesome! Can't wait to see what's new with this version.

Thanks for the downloads btw. I'm LOVING the material. It all started with First Hand, but now I'm hooked on your stuff like Jim is!
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of toberman
I purchased the "5 downloads for only $20" deal. Now that I am downloading the files I can appreciate the massive amount of information I have received for only $20. This really is a killer deal. I am extremely pleased.

Terry
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Quote:
On 2012-08-29 17:37, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Hello uli,
Do you have a problem with my magic or me personally that you feel you have to hijack this thread?

Justin, settle down. My post above was not even about you or your magic. I was poking fun at Zombie Magic's hyperbole ("Get what the magic community is calling the BEST all around effect to date!!").

And what's with this "hijacking" nonsense, you're talking about? Maybe you don't know it yet, but according to the Magic Café, "This forum provided as a place where folks can discuss the latest rumors, read announcements and speculate about the obvious hyperbole surrounding many of the upcoming products that are released into magicdom. Will they be genuine miracles or mere rhetoric?" Awesome, isn't it?
Poindexta
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Poindexta
HOLY WOW! Thanks for offering this deal, Justin. You're one of the best teachers in magic, in my humble opinion. Order placed!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2012-08-30 05:32, Poindexta wrote:
HOLY WOW! Thanks for offering this deal, Justin. You're one of the best teachers in magic, in my humble opinion. Order placed!

Thank you brother...Just sent you the downloads!
JM
craigwest
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of craigwest
I got "5 downloads for only $20" last night; went for Hopper, Summons, Mental, Other Side and Smile.

Worked out at £13.03 in the UK which is a crazy low price for so much great material.

Thanks Justin!
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
633 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
I'm going to check this out when I get home tonight. Anyone else who has purchased downloads from Justin, please post your thoughts/recommendations. Thanks, Justin for offering the sale, looking forward to doing some research tonight!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4194 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I must admit I did think the comment about Creeper being the best all around effect in magic was laughable. However I think you could easily call the 5 downloads for $20 the best all around deal in magic. The material is very very solid, some really great stuff there and $20 bucks is a steal. I'm only holding off because it's almost all card material and I'm really moving away from cards and even coins at the moment and creeper doesn't really grab me. That said, sooner or later I'll come back to cards and for $20 that's some *** good material.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Bargain of the year. It would be hard not to get value from this.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-08-30 14:57, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I must admit I did think the comment about Creeper being the best all around effect in magic was laughable. However I think you could easily call the 5 downloads for $20 the best all around deal in magic. The material is very very solid, some really great stuff there and $20 bucks is a steal. I'm only holding off because it's almost all card material and I'm really moving away from cards and even coins at the moment and creeper doesn't really grab me. That said, sooner or later I'll come back to cards and for $20 that's some *** good material.

If you KNEW how CREEPER was done you might change your mind. I think the comment is an all around look at the effect, from method to execution, to reactions.
And I have had many, many people in the magic community say those exact words to me. I did not make them up. CREEPER hits every single check mark on what makes a good trick good!
JM
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPZGCWRbqlg&feature=youtu.be
HANDS OFF CREEPER..for those who are curious!
JM
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
And how examinable is this wallet?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4194 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
If you KNEW how CREEPER was done you might change your mind. I think the comment is an all around look at the effect, from method to execution, to reactions.

I wouldn't change my mind knowing the method, the effect doesn't impress me and with 40 years experience I could think of several ways to reproduce the effect even if the method may not be as innovative. Don't get me wrong, I may well be impressed by the method but when all is said and done from the spectators perspective it is no different from 101 other PK effects and in my opinion there are more impressive ones. Admittedly it was 30 years ago, but when Bob Little demonstrated the floating bill to me that was a wow moment, the first time I saw creeper was kind of a "so what" moment for me personally. That doesn't mean it isn't a great effect, as magicians we can be harder to wow than a lay audience, and I have no doubt that in the hands of a competant performer the reactions are killer. But for me it doesn't float my boat so I couldn't "sell it" to the crowd.

Now first hand and many of your other effects..... different story. No disrespect to you or the creeper effect, in the right hands a great effect but for me as a "best effect in magic" I'd put First Hand, Ultra Gum, $100 bill switch, coin in bottle, card on ceiling and well too many others to mention way ahead for impact and reaction. Is it worth the price you are asking? Hell yes and then some, but best all around effect in magic? I don't see it. As an example, my Father did the card on ceiling in a bar in London in the 1950's and that card is still on the ceiling to this very day, they have decorated around that card several times and it is still a talking point 60 years on. Will one single performance of creeper still be a talking point 60 years later? Unlikely.

Please don't let my personal opinion of Creeper take anything away from the effect, the awesome value offered by this sale or the extremely high quality of the top drawer material being offered at such a bargain basement price. I don't think there is a single effect that is not worth the $20 and that includes the ones that are already being offered at less than $20 before the sale.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Justin, Just placed my orrder. Thanks for this GREAT offer!!! Dan
shak
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of shak
Just placed an order. Thanks Justin.
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
This is such a great offer, it almost feels wrong. Justin clearly thinks and cares deeply about his material; to have so much great thinking made available at this price is a bargain.
I jumped at it, and now have a lot of stuff to think about, and work on.

Awesome. Thank you Justin!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

You guys are very welcome! Thank you!
JM
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1359 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Hi Justin, Been a looong time. Howz it going? I think you owe me money! Just kidding, well sort of.. (I knew Justin before he was rich and famous and all powerful - and he used to borrow money from me - or he tried to anyway!). His magic was very impressive, even back then. He taught me the muscle pass back then, but I could never get the hang of it.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
633 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Justin, how long is this sale going on? I just ordered some from you last night (can't wait to ge the downloads and dive into them), but was wondering how long I had if I decided to place another order. Thanks again for this sale!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-08-31 21:11, danfreed wrote:
Hi Justin, Been a looong time. Howz it going? I think you owe me money! Just kidding, well sort of.. (I knew Justin before he was rich and famous and all powerful - and he used to borrow money from me - or he tried to anyway!). His magic was very impressive, even back then. He taught me the muscle pass back then, but I could never get the hang of it.

lol who are you...and why are trying to say I owe you money..lol Seriously! Please pm me and let me know because I have no idea who you are. Your profile says your from or. and I have never lived there or been there in my life.
JM