The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Sudden Impact by Cameron Francis "Full 52" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
That looked great Cameron! Can't wait to see this!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thank you, Chris. And thank you, Chris. Smile

Seriously, I am thrilled so many people are excited about this project.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
On the Sudden Impact, here's what Dave sent in the newsletter:

"SUDDEN IMPACT
And, I also recently shot a new DVD of one of the most eye popping yet easy to do colour changes you'll ever see! It's called 'SUDDEN IMPACT'. A card isolated in the card case is seen to VISUALLY MELT into another card. Has to be seen to be believed! 'SUDDEN IMPACT' will be out soon on DVD complete with the ingenius gimmicks and about 7 or 8 different routines. It's another brainchild of the creative bottomless pit that is Cameron Francis. Hey, when he stops coming up with the GOLD, I'll stop releasing it!"

And check out also this new project from full 52!

"FORREST/FRANCIS
I've just finished recording a two disk set of brand new, quirky close up material with my good buddy and creative genius Cameron Francis. Can't say too much about this joint project for now but I will say I personally think it's some of the best material I've released in a LONG time. Super commercial close-up abound - stay tuned..."
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Cameron really is, as Dave said, a creative bottomless pit. I have not once been disappointed with a product of Cameron's. Anything Cameron puts out is worth looking into.

Nico
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
As excited as I am to be releasing 'Sudden Impact', I'm actually a little more exited to be releasing the 'Forrest/Francis Project' (working title). There is so much cool, commercial material on these DVD's you won't believe it. I know it's a cliche but there are several items on this set that could've been released as single items. There's a brilliant trick deck of Cameron's, that's just unreal - we show you how to make on up, a moving hole effect that's been getting unbelievable reactions for me lately, a very strange and visual coin through hand effect, a super commercial but very easy 'Invisible Palm' routine with a groovy kicker, a clever progressive assembly with a backfire, a routine where you play pool with cards, an insane monte with the easiest card to pocket finish ever...the list goes on!

Some of the material is mine, some of it is Camerons's and some items were created by the two of us together. The material ranges from self working to some with rather more sleight of hand involved. Some of it is gimmicked, some of it isn't. Some of it is easy, some of it's not so easy. We really have included something for everyone and there is even some footage of a few select effects being performed in thhe real world!

Oh and I almost forgot about Cameron's breathtaking sandwich effect, where the spectator freely cuts the two 'bread' cards into two seperate halves of the deck - you don't ever touch the cards - but somehow they end up sandwiching the selection. This is brilliant - wait and see!

I'll try and get some kind of demo up soon. Thanks for the interest.

Dave.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1796 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Again, this sounds awesom, Cant wait to get my order in and get playing with this.

Jamie
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Dang, Dave, now you got me excited to see this set! Smile

There's one impromptu trick on the set that I seem to be doing all the time lately called "Between". I think a lot of people might like this one. It's a very strange card to impossible location. But I kid you not when I say reactions are always through the roof.

And thank you, Nicos, for the kind words. Means a lot to me.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
We got a taster of francis and forrest working together IN the attack of the copper/silver coin and I know I'm not the only one to say that it was a great dvd. Now let's imagine them together making a TWO disc set with card/close up magic and this project is what you get! I realy can't wait for this release!When's the day set for release? I want this PRONTO.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Forgot to ask is there a price set?
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I'll buy it for what ever...this is getting exciting!
zmakingmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Burbank, California
119 Posts

Profile of zmakingmagic
Sudden Impact looked great Cameron and the Francis/Forrest Project sounds amazing as well.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
On 2009-04-23 09:52, Rpascual wrote:
We got a taster of francis and forrest working together IN the attack of the copper/silver coin and I know I'm not the only one to say that it was a great dvd.

I appreciate that comment, I thought it was a good DVD too. Unfortunately, it seems like we are in the minority as it kinda got panned by several reviewers. I think that's a shame 'cause it seemed that the 'holy ones' completely missed the point with their 'reviews' (read: opinions) as is nearly ALWAYS the case! The point of AOTCSC was: Instead of buying the latest and greatest impractical Youtube friendly piece of 5hit, spend a few bucks and get ten completely performable, real world effects out of a time honoured prop that you probably already own!

I dunno, seemed like a good idea to me?!?!

Anyway, the Forrest/Francis DVD's will rock your performing repertoire to its very core! I guarantee it - kinda...

Dave.

P.S. Disclaimer: The Forrest/Francis DVD's will NOT allow you to bleed in ways similar to that of Jesus Christ.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2009-04-23 06:58, Dave Forrest wrote:
"...I'm...excited to be releasing the 'Forrest/Francis Project' (working title).... we show you how to make on up, a moving hole effect that's been getting unbelievable reactions for me lately..."

Dave.

Is the moving hole effect the same one you recently marketed and sold out? (I believe it was called "No Exit," or something similar)
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

No, it is not Nothing In Transit. It is different but VERY awesome. Really easy to make up, too. Reset is a breeze. In fact, it resets instantly.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
I really can't wait! I wonder if sudden impact will be released with the project? Although I doubt it. My guess is that the project will come after sudden impact.( mad face with a smile!!! Smile)
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

I think Sudden Impact will be out first. But there is a lot of material on the dvd. It's a utility device so there's a lot of room for exploration.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

For those of you who are interested, I will be releasing a PDF download on my website of one of the effects featured on the set. It's called "18" and it's a very cool number prediction using a deck of cards. Should be out within the next day or so.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

"18" is now up on my site: http://cameron-francis.com/18.php
Wonder
View Profile
New user
North Wales, United Kingdom.
44 Posts

Profile of Wonder
I cannot wait for the release of "Sudden Impact", it is Visually Stunning & Camerons work is absolutely fantastic. Well done Cameron.
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Quote:
On 2009-05-19 10:56, Wonder wrote:
I cannot wait for the release of "Sudden Impact", it is Visually Stunning & Camerons work is absolutely fantastic. Well done Cameron.

I agree 100 percent.