The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: The Riser Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Hey Josh, just to say, the SPECTATOR takes THEIR card and places it where THEY want to. It can be ANYWHERE, not the bottom if that is what you choose, remember though, THEY place it where they want and push it all the way in. In the demo, it went in about 5-10 cards from the bottom, not exactly the bottom, just to clarify Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
That does help =)
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Peter,

I was not trying to trash your item. You'll make a ton of money off the "Riser Deck" simply because this will be an effect that a lot of magicians will flock to buy. The basic effect is similar to Daryl's "Ultimate Ambition" but with about 75% less routining required. Truly one that the average magician could be doing in short order after receiving the trick.

I was talking similarities and Christopher took umbrage.

Good luck with your sales!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
847 Posts

Profile of oombob
I see I've opened a bit of a pandora's cardbox with this one... heh.

Thanks for all of your insights.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Its not like Alakazam to sell rubbish so the £45 will be about right for the quality of the device. It's too steep for me though especially when you could make one yourself. I'm saving my dosh, Alakazam will get it eventually though on something else!
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
847 Posts

Profile of oombob
Glad that everyone has made nice.

And so, I will still be saving my "dosh" (thank you Roger) and compiling "chink" (cheers Joshua) to make an informed purchase (heartfelt round of applause to Stanyon, Rooman, Jonxodus, Christopher, Rannie and Jonathon) from the truly wonderful Alakazam (hats off Peter).

Thanks brothas.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Well I certainly liked the demo, nice thinking indeed. This is a closer for sure to your ambitious routine. Let me show you one last time.
Look foward to the reviews.

magicmike30
Entertainer
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4465 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2007-08-08 05:00, Roger Kelly wrote:
Its not like Alakazam to sell rubbish so the £45 will be about right for the quality of the device. It's too steep for me though especially when you could make one yourself. I'm saving my dosh, Alakazam will get it eventually though on something else!

No you couldn't...not like this Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
I would like to jump in here and mention that I have seen this performed and it is great and to be honast much more logical to put a deck in a box rather than tie a piece of rope around it.

For the work invloved it is worth the money if your a performing magician... if ur a hobbiest then buy something else... alakazam have a huge range and I am sure could sort a nice bundle of tricks if you give them your monthly magic budget.
I currently do an effect very similar to this, which few have seen but the riser is nice and clean and I reccon would shock lay folk into a deep sleep.

Please don't come on here and just tell everyone you were clever enough to figure it out... there is no point. Buy it if you want it, why knock it even before it is released... this is a genuinly cool product.

Steve Dela
http://www.stevedela.com
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF