The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Darryl Vanumburg's FLY levitation coming soon. :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Then its a good thing that I have a really good paying job in my real life!!!!lol
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Finally, somethiong to get me back into the boards. I was really excited to hear the FLY was back in business. This lev is the sickist lev to date. A lot of people are kicking themselves because they passed up on this effect. I can not wait to see the upgraded version. I have been away for the magic seen for a while(my 9 month old daughter had some medical problums) but all is well again. I am back, and can not wait to see were this thread goes. I know Darryl and Mike very well, and wish them all the best in this endevor. I have worked with Darryl in the release of the Black Widow, and can only tell you that he is a perfectionist when it comes to releasing "over the top creations", that will rock the magic Community. I wish Darryl all the best, you deserve all of this, you put a lot of time into your creations, and only release products that are tried and true. WAY TO GO BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
I love Black Widow! I can imagine how perfect this levi would be!
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Irishghost I new you had been on a little break but had no idea your little one had some difficulties? Glad to hear everything is o.k. now.

Irish is working pro that sees the big picture with this levitation.
If you want to levitate any time, any where, no restrictions.
No funny moves. No awkward get ready, instant re-set. Start Clean and end Clean the gimmick is hidden.
120 degrees of angle safety.
A levitation that you will actually use in your work.

Thanks for the support Darryl does stand for quality.
Irishghost you would die to see the improvements that have been made in the last 4 months. I made some suggestions to Darryl and he was like yeah I see that. Then he just does it.

I'm very happy that this will be in the hands of only very serious magi.

magicmike30
Entertainer
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
How long do the shoes last you?

I know that my shoes generally don't last more than a year or two at most.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Gdw, you would only be wearing the shoes when you plan to perform the lev.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4325 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
GDW,

That is a legitimate question.If the shoes do wear out, can the original purchaser replace the shoes using the same previously installed gimmick or do the shows have to be sent back to get everything replaced?
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
"If the shoes do wear out, can the original purchaser replace the shoes using the same previously installed gimmick or do the shows have to be sent back to get everything replaced?"

Well I can tell you that with my custom Air Nikes I only wear them when I work.
I use a protector spray to keep them mint. When I get my Doc's I will not wear them in the snow or slush. I will just change into them when I arrive at my gig. I also will use the spray plus some special treatment to protect the leather. I even use a modified shoe tree to keep the shape

Your shoes will last a long time if you take care of them and the gimmick is made to last. I know that the Parts can be switched out to a new shoe. Darryl has done this for himself. A member here had purchased a one of a kind FLY and made the switch I believe. Not suggested though. The work that goes into installing this is very percise and Darryl has custom tools to do the work.
So take care of your pet Fly.

magicmike30
Entertainer
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Mike: Will FLY be released in Dec or Jan. Just wondering as anticipations growing, thanks....'PIZ'
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Having seen one of Darryl's original prototypes, and having made some suggestions too, I can say this is an investment. I know back 3 years ago, what he was looking to charge. It is for the working pro. It is not cheap. It is a quality item. It looks as good as it sounds.

I have not seen any updated versions, but was duly impressed with the older version. This is good stuff. Not my cup of tea, but I could see the great potential.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Piz I hope that I can have the dvd ready to go for first week of December.
The FLY is ready now we just have to get that dvd done and some additional footage for the demo.
So let's hope Santa can drop you a Fly off this Christmas.

Mr. Bill it is nice to hear from a working pro who gets what this is about. This an investment that has great potential. I have seen the origins of the FLY and you would be impressed where Darryl has taken things.

magicmike30
Entertainer
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I had come up with a way to do it on stage. I was going to have Darryl perform it at one of my shoes. I was going to get a "volunteer" from the audience and then do various "strength" demonstrations with him and end with him being easily lifted up by me (gripping on his shirt and pulling him up). It would of looked really cool. It's too bad we never connected with the rehearsal thing.

I saw/see the potential. And like I said before. This is not something I would buy myself...I'm not into the self-levitation thing too much. But I was considering saving up for it anyhow for the situation stated above. I may still get this in the future for my stage version of it, but not for the walk-a-round version of it.

I wish Daryl all the best with this.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
OK...well I put aside a whole paycheck for this now.. So I am ready and waiting for when and where to buy it from. I ll watch the Café intently!!! (p.s. I hope it doesn't cost more then one of my paychecks!!! Thank god I don't have a wife anymore!!!!)
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
It is a great levitation !

The Doc Martin's are a great idea, the people that this effect is aimed at are more apt to be wearing a casual shoe than a runner.

Phil
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Demo?
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I think Mike already said Demo should be coming in a couple of weeks, sometime end of NOV.......'PIZ'
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Good news my brothers. The demo amazingly was shot this past Saturday. It is ready to be uploaded to the host site. Once the tech guys connect it will be up.

We had lots of fun and Irishghost came out to FLY around too. All the shots were great and we had it wrapped with four different locations in just three hours. We went to the bar and grill I work at. We all did some magic and had a good time hanging out. Darryl floated for a waitress and her reaction was great.

I worked there tonight for two hours so I had my FLY with me. First thing the General Manager asks me is about Darryl floating and wanted to see me float. I did and they just freaked out. I also floated 4 times during my stroll and had the range from shocked silence to yelling and screaming. It was great fun.

Thought I would give you guys an update. All goes well with the tech guys the demo will be up next week.

magicmike30
LSI all things levi.
Entertainer
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Where will this be able to be purchased? Thanks.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Hey John this will be available from a very respected and trusted magician. This mystery guy, can't say who yet;) Is doing custom work for the FLY and will be hosting this on his site.

Darryl will announce it very soon. Yesterday I phoned my tech guy who edited the video to contact the site to upload the demo.
I really hope they connect tonight and this could be up early as Monday.
It will be announced right here with a link.

magicmike30
Entertainer
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Ok, thanks. Looking forward to seeing this. As this is from Darryl it should be a nice workable levi.