The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: "Indecent" by Wayne Houchin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
You know what I just saw that. WOW that sucks. Guys just because you learned an effect on your own, you shouldn't post a video up. Also Practice your effect before you actually put it on video. Whats the First rule about magic? Don repeat a trick. So why put it on a sight that everyone can rewind and rewind? If you do an effect and put it on Youtube. have some specs don't film it to be viewed on the Net. WE don't CARE, GET REACTIONS AT LEAST. Other then that you are just giving away secrets.
W:H
View Profile
V.I.P.
222 Posts

Profile of W:H
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 08:54, Roland78 wrote:
I think that the prize of the contest is one of the best marketing ideas I've ever read. My congratulations to the ellusiont genius who had the idea!
Unlucky, as Chris said, living in Europe lower the chances to win. But mr.Wayne, think to this: wouldn't you like to win a trip in the wonderful Italy? I bet you have never been in Turin and you would like to taste our food... Just think to it when u'll see the names of the first purchasers...

Cheers!

Davide

I would love to come to Italy! I'm willing to travel anywhere in the world - whoever get's the deck. I can't wait.

WH
wayne : houchin
http://www.waynehouchin.com
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
110 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
Hmm, maybe South Africa - we're about the same age Wayne. And I can quite honestly say that the town I live in has the most beautiful girls per capita, anywhere.

Just tell me quickly, exactly what time do you release? I'm not familiar with US time- how many hours after GSM is the release calculated at?

And macGyver - are you from Durban?

Aubrey de Wet
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Just checked out Wayne's demo of this on YOuTube. I was VERY disappointed to see all these 'kids' on there doing it, before it's even released. One guy's presentation is so bad, he 'almost' exposes it. This is a GREAT effect Wayne. I predict you'll sell a truckload of this effect. I'm hoping my Toronto dealer, Browser's Den is able to get this in.

Keep up the phenominal magic Wayne.

BEST~~~smitty
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17421 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 16:08, macGyver(south Africa) wrote:
Wow. It seems everyone knows how to do this trick..youtube is full of clips of people doing it! Did I not get a memo...?

That's what I wonder...How did they find out about this...Or are they guessing on the method?..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
They are just guessing on the method
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1218 Posts

Profile of APC
If you download the video will you still get the gift and enter the contest?
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
You have to buy the DVD in order to be entered into the contest and to receive the gift (only first 500 customers). I would just buy both. It's not that much more money.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Yes I'm in sunny durban.. well its cloudy right now..

is it indecent for me to give my home town a cheap pop in this thread ?
W:H
View Profile
V.I.P.
222 Posts

Profile of W:H
Quote:
On 2006-10-28 12:50, baskitboy5 wrote:
If you download the video will you still get the gift and enter the contest?

Greetings! We just released the 2nd & final podcast for the Indecent release with the full contest details. You can listen to it here: http://www.ellusionist.com/podcast/WH-Indecent-Podcast-2.mp3

To listen to the other podcast & to view the teaser trailer, check out the coming soon page: http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Indecen......ails.php

Have a great Halloween!

WH
wayne : houchin
http://www.waynehouchin.com
vance2276
View Profile
New user
Montana
72 Posts

Profile of vance2276
It sounds like a great effect. Is the handling as simple as Stigmata?
vance2276
View Profile
New user
Montana
72 Posts

Profile of vance2276
Wayne,

Just saw the demo. Can you hand out the bag?
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2006-10-28 07:23, joseph wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 16:08, macGyver(south Africa) wrote:
Wow. It seems everyone knows how to do this trick..youtube is full of clips of people doing it! Did I not get a memo...?

That's what I wonder...How did they find out about this...Or are they guessing on the method?..

They may be guessing or using methods already in print. A "card through plastic bag" effect has been around a long time. There were a couple of versions floating around almost 20 years ago, one might have been by Daryl. I no longer have "Brainstorm in The Bahamas" to check but if anyone has that book it may have been in there. I'm sure Wayne has come up with a new angle, and I agree the competition is a great promotional idea.
Paul.
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
One question.

Is the card EVER inside the baggie?

Or is it just an illusion?
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Hey Zing, that's kind of asking how it's done. I am not sure either, but either way it still looks awesome.
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
I think zing asked a perfectly alright question. It's like buying a Card Thru Window effect only to find out the card does not end up on the other side.

The heat would be on the window or in this case the Ziploc bag at the end of the effect. It will be disappointing to know the card isn't really inside.
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
I have NO clue how it's done, but when you watch Wayne do it, he turns the bag over pretty freely, so my guess is the card is definitely IN the bag. Now, whether you can hand the bag out with card 'inside' as a souvenir, I don't know. Wayne makes mention at the end of his clip that he hands it out, but I'm not sure if he means the card in bag, or just the card.

It's a shame so many 'kids' put their versions on youtube, before release, as some of them have terrible handling. Hopefully this won't hurt sales for Wayne in a couple days. Stigmata was quite easy to figure out, but Indecent has me totally stumped!

BEST~~~smitty
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
I asked this question because I've noticed that this "whether the card is really in the bag" question has not really been properly addressed by the creator. No offence to Wayne, I love Sinful and Stigmata and I'm still performing them today.

But let assume if the card is REALLY in the baggie, and understanding Ellusionist's marketing techniques, wouldn't E make full use of this and make it as a selling point?

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket just a day and a half before the release, but I'm just worried, Indecent would not be as "impromptu and up to par" compared to its previous 2 predecessor.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
818 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Nice effect.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Just watched it. It's amazing! Even if you have already figured out, there are so many little subtleties and moves you should know. I'll always support Wayne and buy his effects and not once have I been dissapointed. If you were amazed by the demo of this then definitely get it - worth every penny.