The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Cap Trap! Graphic feedback... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Meyegr: LOL!

Jim: I have every faith in Jeff and Charlie; I know things will turn out just fine. Here's the updated cover:

http://www.blacksmagicshop.com/images/pr......over.jpg

Still to be finalized, but it is looking good I think. Will upload the back as soon as we get the quotes we are expecting in.

Cheers,

JC
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Ahhh.... now take a look at THIS one:

http://www.blacksmagicshop.com/images/pr......tion.jpg

JC
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Looks nice
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Nice improvement! Jeff, Charlie, & James...keep up the good work!

Bosco
Gary Kruse
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs
146 Posts

Profile of Gary Kruse
Great artwork with a terrific name change. Prohibition is much catchier!

Can the DVD set still be pre-ordered? If so, I'd like to do it and can use PayPal, credit card or money order...

Gary
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
We do not take pre-order monies; we simply put you on a list of buyers who have commited to order the final product. You are welcome to email sales@blacksmagicshop.com or call 877-877-7878 with your interest and one of our reps will take care of you. We also have a live support chat function on our website. They will put your details in a computer along with your prefered payment and when it ships you will be charged. Pretty simple! Smile Thanks for asking, James
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
James, now that looks great! I like the name much better and the artwork is awesome
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
So is this now being called Prohibition?

Or is Cap Trap only part of the dvd? I'm gettig excited.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Quote:
On 2006-10-06 15:48, gdw wrote:
So is this now being called Prohibition?

Or is Cap Trap only part of the dvd? I'm getting excited.

Prohibition is the title of the DVD and it features the Cap Trap effect/method. James and I had a very productive brainstorm and he perfectly articulated in gorgeous graphic detail what we sessioned.

BTW, believe me...I'm excited too!

peace, charlie
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
I like the new look as well. Good job guys!
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Cheers for the positive feedback.

The key to product development, in my humble opinion, is two fold:

1.) Listen to the audience market and understand that they are looking for as artists and consumers rather than trying to push what we want; we hope to always create what you need.

And,

2.) Always listen to the artist who has created the effect and assure that the final product reflects his/her creative genius.

As a company, Black's is dedicated to such things, which is why every product we have brought to the market has done so well.

We are also setting a precedent by actively seeking feedback from anyone in the community that wants to be involved; this is as much your product now as it is ours. That is why we post requests for feedback on the Café, send out samples to people to review, and ask for advice from true legends in magic. Generally, what we hear back is of such incredible value that one almost can’t put a price on it.

Of course, that also means having the integrity to pull a product if needed to assure these things have been properly done. In this day in age where people “develop” an effect for like five minutes and then put it out the very next week to a group of distributors all to eager to carry anything and everything they can to peddle to the market, I think someone has to have the temerity to do so. We aren’t the only company doing it, but we certainly make a point of it!

I guess what I am getting at is, well, we care. That is the benefit of being an SMB and having a clear vision and mission statement, which is reflected in what we release to the market. Frankly, you deserve nothing less.

Finally, the real credit goes to Charlie; without him, this product would never come to be; we all get to benefit from his creativity here.

As a side note, we are actively seeking new submissions; if you or someone you know has something they want to put out, by all means give us a ring or an email; we love working with artists and truly make a point to do things right and, do the right things. Spread the word!

James
Black’s Magic
1-877-877-7878
http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Love what your doing James, seriously man you guys are great!
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
So what happened to the other thread??
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-10-07 18:41, Randwill wrote:
So what happened to the other thread??

A lot of well respected names in the business had seen an evaluation copy of the Cap Trap project and without fail every one of them gave the effect great reviews and endorsements. Several comments came our way that were prefaced with "it's a shame that you didn't..." on several aspects of the overall design and theme of the DVD.

Since Cap Trap had not yet been released, and in fact was not even fully authored, we decided to stop the train, unload the bad and retool it the right way. The effect remains the same but the name was changed...to protect the innocent.

I changed the name back to its original title "Prohibition" but it still features the Cap Trap effect. It was foolish of me to not go with the name Prohibition in the first place. James, Jeff and I have totally revamped the look and feel and without exception everyone is very happy with the results. You can check out the new look and get updates on http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com

Mr. Brooks was asked if he would please remove the original thread for us because we felt that it was based on the original project and it is no longer the same. In an effort to start from the beginning, the original thread was graciuosly removed and we are back on track.

So...new name, new look & feel, added production value and bonuses...new thread.

I can't thank everyone enough for their patience and understanding as we strive to put this out very near the original projected release time.

Hope that all made sense. Feel free to PM me for specifics.

peace, charlie
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Just to update Cap Trap:

The name of the DVD is Prohibition, featuring the Cap Trap effect. It's in post production now getting a graphics, music and editing makeover. It's due for release in November.

For all of you that have pre-ordered, you can get updates at http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com

peace, charlie
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Good news: the DVD is about done. We will be looking at it this week and if it passes Q/C it will go to stamping.
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Has anyone purchased a "Black's Ring" that came in a crystaline box, a photocopy of our directions, and the ring is very thin? If so, contact me right away; someone is selling Vortex rings as ours!

James
1-877-877-7878