The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Anyone Know What's Happening with X-Levitation? :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:

On 2006-10-03 03:53, johnra wrote:

I saw a video of this on youtube just search the X levitation.

John,

That one must be near the wall levitation, which is nothing but heavy duty fishing line rigged to a pully system.

The whole effect has now changed. the name remains same.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
L.S.I. has not closed the case on this Levi. We feel that we can report our current findings. This is wilder than fiction and we are currently seeking the t.v. rights of this story for Scandal Makers. Malcom in the Middle will play Alex.

So this levi was not filmed this weekend. Our friend the Psychic Jon realized the levi was a rip off a marketed effect. So Jon did the right thing I'm told and backed out. Respect to Jon, please look into magic as it is so much fun and better than a night out with Martha Stewart. Expect to hear from Jon posting his experience in the next couple of days. Let's be kind as we are not talking about real psychics but a gentleman who is interested in magic. To think about it I believe what I do is real too;)

Also it was reported to L.S.I. that our young inventor watched a marketed levi with the goal to forward, reverse, and engineer the X.

In summary we here at L.S.I. hope that Alex has realized that releasing a product based on a exsisting one is wrong. We all make mistakes in life but we can own up to them and do the right thing. If Percision magic and Jon did not go through with this then indeed something is wrong. So please do not release this as you will only bring legal trouble on your family. So please refund the 10 or so that pre-ordered. You will gain some repect for doing the right thing, believe me.

In closing:
X levi one close up, copy of an exsiting effect.
X levi two the one by the window is an exsisting effect.
X levi three by the house is acutally a really neat idea but not pratical for street magic. Stage I would imagine.

Do the right thing and move forward.
magicmike30

Michael
Entertainer
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Michael,

What can I say but WOW Smile

One of your best post.

Thanks for updating us with the latest L.S.I. findings.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I'm sure his sales page at one stage claimed 57 presales.

So glad this is back - I've been curled up in foetal position sweating and shaking, waiting for a fix.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Mehtas thanks for the compliment. Levis bring out the best in me;)

I have to give credit to my secret agents who worked round the clock to crack the case. These Magi's and one Secret Agent did not get paid for their efforts.

So the latest information I have at this time is that Frankie Muniz has refused the role. We believe he is holding out for a larger offer and a free X-Levi. We tried to explain that this was a rip-off but before we could his manager got on the phone......

The real sales was not in the high fifties but more in the eight to ten range.
This was done to boost interest and create a scare the likes of "Oh my God I will not be one of the lucky 100 Anti Gravity Levitation owners, must order now.

So Alex can come on here and do the right thing. State that you will not release the levis that are knock offs and offer money back.

Our new friend Jon who is interested now in Magic can you believe that? After we gave him the gears? After we displaced our A.G.L. I mean Against Gawdy Levitations, X-levi anger? We are a influential bunch;) Jon will be filling on this most interesting weekend. Please don't leave out any of the good stuff;)
So lets listen and remember to be nice as this X has come full circle and it was not the work of Aliens or George.

So there it is and thanks to the wonderful Mods who work hard and do an awesome job.

magicmike30
Michael
President of L.S.I.
President of M.F.C.A.

(Magician Flying Cat's Alliance.
Does your levi demo have an approved M.F.C.A. Cat?)
Entertainer
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
So how come the psychic didn't know X-Levi was a fraud? Smile
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Because psycic's aren't real...duh!;)
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
L.S.I. does not want to see this thread be shut down for bashing.
Remember when Jon first posted on X he recieved a lot of static for being associated with this levi. Jon did not know it was a rip off as he is not a magician. Now that said whe Jon learned the close up X was already on the market he ended his involvement instantly. Despite that he travelled far and is out of pocket for expenses.

So lets listen to what Jon has to say. Yes he is a Psychic, yes we believe it is for Entertaiment. I believe my magic is real and that makes me a better magi.
So this is not about Psychics at all please lets not go there.

Jon had actually become interested in performing magic. This is a brotherhood right? So my fellow brothers lets welcome Jon to the Café. He did the right thing in stopping the X.

Now lets listen to what he has to say. L.S.I. has not reported all the details and if we drive Jon out the records will be sealed;)

magicmike30
Michael.
Entertainer
jon_maronge
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of jon_maronge
I am here to clear up a few questions regarding the x-lev.

As you all know I have been involved with this project on the production end of the DVD (producing, filming, and directing). I have left the project due to possible legal implications that were brought to my attention. The reason for my sudden change of heart concerning the x-lev is because of my preliminary research on other levitations currently on the market.

I have just recently become involved in magic (2 months) and had no idea that Alex’s effects are very similar to other effects that are currently available on the market. Had I have known this beforehand, I would have never gotten involved with this project in the first place.

In Alex's best interest, he should have just only released the stage levitation as it is an original idea, however Alex does not want to concede to just one levitation.

My mind has been gnawing over exactly how to present all of this information without exposing anyone’s secrets. If you have any questions regarding this I will be more than happy to answer so long as the question does not involve exposure to the other effects on the market.

I have much respect for, and wish to give thanks to Piz and MagicMike30 for giving me just enough information so that I could make an educated decision on my involvement with this and my future within the magic community.

Thanks again Piz and Mike for the inside info.

Jon
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
The only good thing about the X-Levitation is the constant drama it has provided.

This is better than reality t.v. but I have not seen Mr. T'S new show I Pitty The Fool. So I should get Mr. T to do a show with Alex.
Thanks Jon for clearing things up and watch for anyone who might just be fishing for methods by asking questions?
This is perfect and just what I wanted to say to Alex and his friends.
Take it away Mr. T.

"The `t' stands for talking," he said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I'm going to talk it up. It's what I've been doing all my life."
The series starts in October. He'll offer help to people struggling with personal or professional problems.
"My show ain't no `Dr. Phil,' with people sitting around crying," he said. "You're a fool — that's what's wrong with you. You're a fool if you don't take my advice."

Alex take the advice and enough jibber jabber already.

jibber jabber (jib'er jab'er) n. 1, inarticulate talk; nonsense

Now for effect play the A-Team song in your head.
We agree and that is worth saying again.
You're a fool — that's what's wrong with you. You're a fool if you don't take my advice.

Alex don't release this X levi and return the monies that you have collected for the ll pre orders. You don''t want Mr. T showing up at your door;)
Do the right thing or I would Pitty the Fool.

L.S.I. newest memeber is Mr. T. just listen what he has to say about the Alex and the X.

http://mrt.sciamachy.net/jibbajabba/go_play.wav

Our Mods are the coolest.

magicmike30
Michael
Entertainer
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
Welcome, Jon! Thanks for the info.
jon_maronge
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of jon_maronge
You are welcome
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
It is truly funny how many "laymen" walk in to the store and ask for a levitation kit !

I always respond the same way, " do you want the $500 or the $5000 dollar model"

their jaw drops !

They end up leaving with a $5 floating match.

Nice posts Mike, congrats Jon on your wise decision.

Phil
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I heard it is a rip off of the Icarus Effect. As I am not worried about what creators that rip off others think of my posts, I tell you this with a clear conscience. Any lev that is invented now will somehow mimmick other lev's, I think new ideas for lev's have run there coarse. The only lev that works for me is The Fly by Darry V(aka Aluin).And I will never have to waste my money on falsly advertised lev's ever again.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Fethry
View Profile
New user
Toronto, ON
19 Posts

Profile of Fethry
You guys say that the effect is a rip off another one that exists on the market. Since this X levitation created so much buzz wouldn't it be better to let people know the names of the existing leviations? Then people who are interested can purchase them.

I guess L.S.I shoud look into this =)
alanm99
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
137 Posts

Profile of alanm99
Quote:

On 2006-10-05 13:58, Fethry wrote:
You guys say that the effect is a rip off another one that exists on the market. Since this X levitation created so much buzz wouldn't it be better to let people know the names of the existing leviations ?

Icarus.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
On 2006-10-05 13:58, Fethry wrote:
I guess L.S.I shoud look into this =)

L.S.I. has worked hard to protect the honest working magi who just love to levitate. I don't believe we have ever said what levi X was trying to suck the life out of. If you read between the lines you will see that it has been said. We think rip-offs like the X-levi just plain Sucarus.

Mike
magicmike30

Still waiting Alex for your response.

Start playing cops theme here for this next part.
Watcha ya gonna do watcha gonna do when Mr. T come for you?
I pitty the fool.
Entertainer
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Question :what levitation was x levi a rip off of? Oh n when alex and mikep run into each other do you thnk mikep will shank him in the shower?
alanm99
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
137 Posts

Profile of alanm99
Quote:
On 2006-10-05 16:18, magicmike30 wrote:

Start playing cops theme here for this next part.
Watcha ya gonna do watcha gonna do when.........

Here you go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vl8bFjdVPE .