The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Pretty Penny by Michael John (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
michaeljohnauthentic
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
49 Posts

Profile of michaeljohnauthentic
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2024, michaeljohnauthentic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2024, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
Watching the trailer, my first thought was that you could use the Captain and Coke gimmick to end clean.

I found that this simply isn’t necessary - the spec can’t tell which side of the coin is facing up as the penny covers most of it. Also all focus is on the coin in the bottle, not on the quarter once they see the penny is no longer resting on it…as it’s left in their hand or yours. That being said, I encourage you to employ any CIB you already know to this souvenir system that you like or already do/use gimmick wise etc, to really make my system work for you. Make it your own, fit your particular style and parameters.

MJ
tylerb
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of tylerb
Can confirm, it doesn't work with Canadian Corona bottles. Have any of my fellow canucks found a bottle/coin combo that works?
michaeljohnauthentic
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
49 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 6, 2024, tylerb wrote:
Can confirm, it doesn't work with Canadian Corona bottles. Have any of my fellow canucks found a bottle/coin combo that works?

What kind of coin are you using?
tylerb
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of tylerb
Quote:
Quote:

American penny.
gowenmagic
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of gowenmagic
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2024, tylerb wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

American penny.

I just had it work with a glass ginger ale bottle and a dime. The dime will need some additional love and care after but it’s all I had available and it’s fine. I’m more interested in non-alcoholic versions to make this work with atm. You should be able to go to your local grocery store and buy a bunch of bottled drinks in the fridge/special drink section.
tylerb
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of tylerb
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2024, gowenmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2024, tylerb wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Chris! I will grab one of those and give it a shot. Hope to see your show next time youre back in Edmonton, the one at the rec room was fantastic!

American penny.

I just had it work with a glass ginger ale bottle and a dime. The dime will need some additional love and care after but it’s all I had available and it’s fine. I’m more interested in non-alcoholic versions to make this work with atm. You should be able to go to your local grocery store and buy a bunch of bottled drinks in the fridge/special drink section.
gowenmagic
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of gowenmagic
The Stella Artois seem to work with a Canadian penny the same way the first Corona and modello bottles in the demo do. I have a giant jar of CDN Pennie’s I plan on giving away now ????
They’ve just been sitting there for years. You just have to keep experimenting though. Try every bottle you come across and take notes.
gowenmagic
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of gowenmagic
There really should be a Facebook group for this.
tylerb
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of tylerb
Thanks for the info Chris. Hope to see you performing in Edmonton again soon!
michaeljohnauthentic
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
49 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 8, 2024, tylerb wrote:
Thanks for the info Chris. Hope to see you performing in Edmonton again soon!

I sent you a PM on April 7th attempting to address your issue.

MJ
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Look it’s a fantastic effect. Absolutely!
I think we can do anything if we:
1) find out the price in being successful
And
2) are happy to pay the price

I’m just not sure if I want to try all these bottles and put in the work (my bad) when I know a couple thousand other great magical effects.
But I simply cannot do anything other than applaud its creator, and all you guys who are paying the price.
I WILL do this but unless the bottles are not TOO difficult to ‘obtain regularly! I don’t see me doing this a lot.
Having said that I HAVE said this several times in the past and totally changed my mind! So yeah I might end up being called ‘coin in the bottle boy! ????
But to close, yeah some truly wonderful work here!!!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
budman
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of budman
I bought this from Penguin. Will the additional videos be added to my account, and when?

Thanks for a wonderful effect!
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
818 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
A little update for those stuck on the Penny Denomination.

It is possible for a quarter to be used with a souvenir ending to any of the many desired ways to penetrate a coin. Believe me, I have witnessed it.

There ARE bottles that a quarter is compatible with to execute such a feat.

I believe the cream of the crop material has already been considered and that is where all of you magicians may want to use as a starting point.

As for the additions, give MJ a break guys. He does not have to include anything IMO.

It will most likely be some additional ideas, tips, and troubleshooting routes to consider.

Once you have what is already available, just have fun with your own experimenting and see what you come up with.

The souvenir version for a glass bottle is here!!!

Rejoice!!!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~