The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Andy Nyman’s 3 Skulls on a Spike… (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
I ordered Dec. 2nd - so, I thought I had made the cut (as referenced on here by Mr. Nyman).
Still no product, no tacking number, no update, no bueno.
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
A friend of mine told me he received a response a few days ago via email (sent to the email address in this post, not the order email which he never received a response) that they will be shipping out by the end of the month and we will get an update
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
I didn't want to pile on but I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Ordered in November and was told it would ship by end of December. No communication since the point. All I'm looking for is transparency. I get everyone is busy but as a small business person myself I respond to every message within hours. I know the product is going to be great I'm just caught off guard by the approach that's been taken.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I received my unit about three weeks ago, and this far exceeded my expectations.

I think people piling on to Andy Nyman, or his son Preston is a bit out of line, especially since we know the character and the quality of Andy’s numerous prior releases, and also his well deserved (and earned) respect within our industry.

As a creator myself, I do agree that it’s important to under promise and over deliver and always communicate.
I think we need to give them the benefit of the doubt, because they have earned it. This is not some kind of fly by night operation and I am certain that anyone that has ordered will receive their product in due course. I think it’s fair to assume that they are doing the very best that they can and that folks need to be a little more patient. Andy as many of us know is a very busy/well regarded actor, and yet he still chooses to generously, make his ideas and time available for all of us to enjoy. I would imagine that he is involved in many projects, including those with Derren Brown. For those who know him, he is also one of the nicest and most innovative guys in the entire business. Burning a bridge with him is probably not smart, but what do I know?

As a comparison, I ordered the new version of color match from promystic (Craig is a longtime friend) way back at the end of November. They had originally promised a December delivery, but now the delivery times have changed because of unforeseen delays. They did communicate that information in December, and I am still waiting for my product. But I have no worries because I know, the nature of Craig‘s character, just as I know the nature of Andy Nyman‘s character, which is that these are stand up and top notch folks that will not let us down.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
I'm definitely not saying anything about anyones character. I know these folks aren't shady and I know the product will be solid. However, there is a pattern in regards to communication that a handful of us are experiencing. Other than that I have no issues with anything.
shadowsowner
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of shadowsowner
For those still waiting on their orders, I'm cutting and pasting an email below that I received this morning from Lebanon Circle which refers to a message from the Royal Mail Service. Looks like a cyber attack has resulted in things shipped in early December just going out now.

cut and paste follows:

If you currently have an outstanding international order with me, please read the statement from the Royal Mail below. It appears that services are returning to normal slowly, but orders shipped in early December are only starting to arrive in destination countries.

Wave 2 Krampusnacht orders will only ship in mid/late February, so this does not affect your order.

ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL EXPORT SERVICES

Following the recent cyber incident, export restrictions continue to apply in Great Britain. Please note you may see less tracking information than usual as we continue to restore our services. At this time, we continue to ask customers not to submit new parcels for export, and we will update further on service resumption as soon as possible.

Darkest Wishes

Dan
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3267 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Further to the above I have been trying to send a book to Canada for the last week but can't yet post. The Post Office are not accepting any parcels that require a customs label.

This incident has been going on for some time and I believe the Post Office are now close to resolving. I am hoping the parcel service will resume shortly.

Neil
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6788 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2023, Fire Starter wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2023, oombob wrote:
Its a postal ****e show in the UK. You are dealing with Andy Nyman, so know that you will either get your order or get a refund.

100 PERCENT with you on that.

I agree also and feel 100% certain at this point that all of us still waiting will receive something eventually. But just for the record it's not the delay that is bothering most of us, it's the complete lack of communication from the producers, and when communication has come it has been either inaccurate or perhaps well, let's just call it overly optimistic.

The postal issue has not been an issue as most of the orders that have yet to be fulfilled have not even been shipped yet. We're waiting for the next batch apparently.
Unavoidable and unexpected delays can certainly happen, but there should have been much better communication with the purchasers. As Brett so wisely stated earlier in this thread, in business it’s more important to communicate bad news than good news.
Andynyman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Andynyman
Hi All,

Well this nightmare is almost over.

Once again I cannot apologise enough to everyone.

The stock finally arrived with me yesterday. Between poor Danny Hunt's workshop being ruined and the absolute insanity of the UK postal service, which seems to have gone into total collapse, every order is now being dealt with.

The outstanding UK orders went out yesterday and if you have not had an email yet with your tracking number, you will have in the next day or so.

I'm afraid international orders are a little trickier as the UK postal service isn't currently accepting them due to a hack in their system. I am hoping they will go out in the next few days once the hack has been resolved. As soon as we get a green light from the postal service, they will go. Every one of them is now packaged up and ready to ship. Rest assured, once sent, you will each receive an email with your tracking number.

I have to reply to AutarchicFlux. Your rabble rousing posts are truly horrible and upsetting. You have received your trick as well as an apology about the way this has played out. We have done our absolute best in terms of being open and apologised to everyone on this group when the act of G-d hit Danny and then the nightmare of the post took everything out of our hands. We are not Penguin or Vanishing Inc, we are a father and son who try to put nothing but good back into the magic world. To call myself and my son ********ters and liars is so ugly and so cowardly - you should be ashamed of yourself. Please be true to your word and never order from us again.

Once again apologies to you all. In all my years of operating as a small scale inventor and dealer, I have never had a situation like this. It has been horrendous and I know some of you have been very upset. All I can do is hope that when you finally have Three Skulls in your hands, all that ill feeling will vanish.

Thanks

Andy
Elmer 84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Elmer 84
What an amazing post Andy. We have nothing but love for you and Preston.
John McDonald
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, England, UK
171 Posts

Profile of John McDonald
Have to say I agree with Andy’s comments. If you get an apology and the product and STILL GO ON ABOUT poor customer service!!! Considering the honesty of the public posts by Mr Nyman on here I hope that more kindness can be more forthcoming towards him. You risk him keeping these things underground and losing that generosity of spirit that he has. I support Mr N 3000% and really hope that this horrible experience for him and his customers is over.
Best wishes John
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2027 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I traveled to the Mazel website to order the kit. The page devoted to Three Skulls and a Spike reports th product iw currently sold out. I could not find anything to click on to order it. Have they suspended purchases until the item is back in stock, or is there n opportunity on the page I have not perceived ?

Thanks,

George
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1251 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
What a beautiful, beautiful piece! I hope to be able to order one as well with the new stock, but MAN--there are some other really fascinating looking items on that site! I will be placing more than one order for sure! Smile

Thanks so much, Andy, for introducing me to Mazel Magazine--I had never heard of it or the site, but now my money has another place to go..!

Seth
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4824 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
WOW what can I say, what a pleasant surprise to come home today and find a Parcel waiting for me.True to ANDY'S word I was sent this WONDERFUL Gift,it's built with quality and really does look the part of MYSTERY,can't wait to read up on Andy's spin on this type of Effect.My Review will be in.

Thank you ANDY NYMAN, True Scholar and a Gentleman

All the Best
Shane
Elmer 84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Elmer 84
Glad you like it. Welcome to the club!

P.s. I'm experimenting with an approach to add another 'impossibility'. It's to do with how the spec puts the skull on the spike. Hope that gives enough of an idea without giving the game away.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4824 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2023, Elmer 84 wrote:
Glad you like it. Welcome to the club!

P.s. I'm experimenting with an approach to add another 'impossibility'. It's to do with how the spec puts the skull on the spike. Hope that gives enough of an idea without giving the game away.

Thank you Elmer 84. mmm sounds intriguing, off to read the Scripting now.

All the Best
Shane
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
262 Posts

Profile of IanB
Received mine yesterday and couldn't be happier.
Whilst it has been a bit frustrating waiting so long, it was most definitely worth the wait.
Love the quality. Love the routine changes to the original and this is a worker.
Thanks to Andy for releasing this to the magic community.
Another winner.
Andynyman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Andynyman
Hi All.

UK post is now accepting international parcels so today and tomorrow every outstanding order is being posted.

The trick will be in your hands very soon!

Thanks

Andy
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2027 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Andy:

When can the rest of us in your international market put in an order? The website still does not give us the option of putting one in the shopping basket.

Thanks for your creative contributions to the art and for your management of a difficult situation..

George
Andynyman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Andynyman
New stock should be available by the end of February. Please keep checking

Thanks for the support

Andy