The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Yigal Mesika - Ring Flight (57 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
715 Posts

Profile of Vogler
It is still not clear when it will be released?
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
Yigal has always offered a 3 month 100% money back guarantee. And I believe his customer service is known for being very good. If it breaks during normal use I'm absolutely positive he'd replace it. He stands by his products.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2890 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Yeah but that takes a lot of time... during which you can't perform this. Postage can be expensive as well.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7604 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2024, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Yeah but that takes a lot of time... during which you can't perform this. Postage can be expensive as well.

Yes, if you are a hobbyist that is probably true. The one who performs and gets paid will have backups on them. Exactly the reason why I have three ring flights, always have to be ready for the unexpected.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2024, Vogler wrote:
It is still not clear when it will be released?

I posted it on the previous page: according to a magic shop, they can order it from wholedsalers starting this Friday.
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Another shop now told me it has been moved to April 30th
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1888 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Mesika Ring Flight inbound! I was one of the lucky few to get a prototype as well as a finished unit to help share thoughts on the product as well as help answer some questions buyers may have from the viewpoint of a former worker turned camera nerd hobbyist.

I made a small review based on taking this out and working it to find out the good, the bad and ugly with some honest feedback.

-Jake
Rectify
View Profile
New user
Florida
56 Posts

Profile of Rectify
Thanks for the review Jacob.
I wonder if the final units will have fixed the issues you brought up regarding the tension and gaps in the links?
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
715 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Is this released?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7604 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2024, Vogler wrote:
Is this released?

Unfortunately not yet.
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
It has been pushed back for another 4 weeks.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1605 Posts

Profile of Jared
It looks like a much better-quality version of Rinky Dinky. But the deal-breaker for me is the lobster claw. I find them to be very finnicky to load rings without a lot of fumbling. I prefer the 'S' carabiner clips because not only are they easier to load, but they can also accept larger rings... I never worry about borrowing a certain ring type (other than with rings with stones) with my Ring Flight Revolution by Prop Dog. I suppose that I could change the clip (Lobster claw), but my concern is that it won't look quite 'right'.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
715 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I don't appreciate this attitude towards the public. the dates are constantly changing. why announce release if you are not ready? Hype is not a good reason if you respect the buyers
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Quote:
On May 4, 2024, Vogler wrote:
I don't appreciate this attitude towards the public. the dates are constantly changing. why announce release if you are not ready? Hype is not a good reason if you respect the buyers

Nobody knows the reason why it getting delayed. My company expected a shipment from Asia recently, but the ship got attacked and the container actually got robbed by pirates. I am not kidding. We also had to push everything back then.
fastForward
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of fastForward
About time someone improved the 30 year old RinkyDinkey. Oh wait; Dave Bonsall did that already 10 years ago with his awesome RFR-Mini: https://www.propdog.co.uk/Ring-Flight-Revolution/ring-flight-revolution-mini. Wait: That looks just like the Mesika thing that's delayed forever. What's going on here?

Click here to view attached image.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7604 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 3, 2024, Jared wrote:
It looks like a much better-quality version of Rinky Dinky. But the deal-breaker for me is the lobster claw. I find them to be very finnicky to load rings without a lot of fumbling. I prefer the 'S' carabiner clips because not only are they easier to load, but they can also accept larger rings... I never worry about borrowing a certain ring type (other than with rings with stones) with my Ring Flight Revolution by Prop Dog. I suppose that I could change the clip (Lobster claw), but my concern is that it won't look quite 'right'.

Agree about the lobster claw, it was finicky at first. After tweaking my routine a little I found the perfect position to hold the claw and now after hundreds of performances using the claw it just became second nature. Now I prefer the claw because it's smaller and more easily concealed during the loading.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
715 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I received this mail from my magic dealer (Europe). Finally!
“Mesika Ring Flight should now be in stock in about 2 days, then we start shipping!”
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Thanks for that. I ordered mine from Tannen’s in February. Wrote to inquire and they never responded. Hope to receive it soon.
Rectify
View Profile
New user
Florida
56 Posts

Profile of Rectify
I also ordered from Tannen’s. Received an email from them stating that it ships May 17.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1150 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
We're stoked to have these on the way to us as I type this!
All orders will be shipped as soon as they land at our warehouse.
Click here to get yours

Whew, the wait is almost over!