The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Out of Order by Angelo Carbone (47 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6789 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2024, Kurtis Chin wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2024, Recoplon wrote:
Any chance to get the original booklet instructions, maybe in .pdf format, instead of the new online video tutorial?

Yes, I am also having a problem setting the gimmick. The video does not get close enough to know what is going. Alex Kirk was even nice enough to send me a video that he made and I still can't do it. I, too was wondering if the original pdf could be reprinted Angelo. A diagram might be more beneficial than a video. I actually got it to work once (don't know how). It is now stuck in the separated colors phase. The more and more I try, I feel that I am fearful of ruining the prop. Feeling a bit inadequate at the moment. Thanks.

What??? You mean you can't decipher what Angelo means with his fingers intertwined in some strange manner and then he clearly says to just put them like this?
Just kidding, I don't blame you, it's a hard method to explain.

I had one of the originals years ago and I never could figure out the diagrams in the booklet so I ended up giving it away. Since this new version had a video tutorial I decided to give it another shot and finally got it working but it took some doing and for a while there I didn't think I was going to get it working. But lo and behold, it eventually just worked. I'm still never absolutely positive I've set it correctly until I check it because sometimes I still "miss" and find that it is not set up. But anyway, I had much more trouble understanding the printed material than the video.

I think the stumbling block for me was that Angelo doesn't specify on the video that the guide card is doing it's thing on 2 cards. I believe he just says to stick the guide in here and since you can't really see it clearly I thought it was just a single card but it's actually two cards. Once you get an idea of what's going on then yeah, it's obvious it would have to be 2 cards. But that is always a potential problem when the creator teaches one of their creations. They know it so intimately that its easy to skip over certain things or leave something out altogether.

Being in the video field for so many years it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I sometimes wonder if a magic tutorial video has ever been made that was shown to several people before releasing it in order to gauge how well the the subject was taught and if it is totally understandable. It's standard operating procedure in every other subject or item but in magic the consensus seems to be to rehearse the performance, but rehearse a tutorial video? What are you nuts? LOL I'm honestly not sure it's ever been done with magic. I'm not referring specifically to Angelo's tutorial but just in general to pretty much every one I've ever watched. Most do a fairly decent job but I have seen many horrendous ones that should have either been rewritten, reshot or both.

Oh well, once you stumble upon the correct set up for this it's an ultra cool effect with an amazing method. It does put some wear and tear on the cards so I'm going to get a back up while I still can.
I still have no idea how Angelo ever came up with this crazy thing but I'm glad he did!
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
527 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Hi All,
If anyone is having any difficulty setting the gimmick or any issues of any kind please contact me at info@monstermagic.co.uk
I'm more than happy to help and I will look into how the instructions can be improved going forward.

Unfortunately, I don't really monitor the Cafe so I was unaware of this discussion until now.
Best,
Alex
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Ordered! Honestly, I have no idea what I ordered as this thread (or at least the last couple pages) got me excited and I’m a huge fan of Angelo’s work. I haven’t researched this trick at all lol.
JimW
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JimW
People in the US who have ordered from Monster Magic, how long did it take for the trick to arrive? I got a shipping notification two weeks ago but the cards haven't arrived yet. I'm hoping they didn't get lost in the mail and will arrive sometime this week.
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On May 13, 2024, JimW wrote:
People in the US who have ordered from Monster Magic, how long did it take for the trick to arrive?

Hey JimW. I have placed 3 orders over the last 3 months and all 3 have arrived within just about a week. I live in upstate NY, and they come in through NY customs, which is why I probably get them a little faster, because I get them a day after they go through customs because I am so close to it. But in general, mine have been super fast. Thanks!
JimW
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JimW
Thanks. I'll give it a few more days and then contact MM. I'm in California.
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
Monster Magic is great. They sent a trick and when I emailed them that it still hadn’t come 2 weeks later, they offered a refund if it wasn’t delivered by the weekend. It came the next day. Great customer service though!
georgebd
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of georgebd
Also, really great personal customer service by Angelo Carbone himself! Never have received better input and response.
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
Quote:
On May 13, 2024, georgebd wrote:
Also, really great personal customer service by Angelo Carbone himself! Never have received better input and response.

Yep, for sure. I’ve contacted him twice and he’s always come through. He is extremely dedicated to ensuring satisfied customers.
Kurtis Chin
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Kurtis Chin
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2024, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2024, Kurtis Chin wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2024, Recoplon wrote:
Any chance to get the original booklet instructions, maybe in .pdf format, instead of the new online video tutorial?

Yes, I am also having a problem setting the gimmick. The video does not get close enough to know what is going. Alex Kirk was even nice enough to send me a video that he made and I still can't do it. I, too was wondering if the original pdf could be reprinted Angelo. A diagram might be more beneficial than a video. I actually got it to work once (don't know how). It is now stuck in the separated colors phase. The more and more I try, I feel that I am fearful of ruining the prop. Feeling a bit inadequate at the moment. Thanks.

What??? You mean you can't decipher what Angelo means with his fingers intertwined in some strange manner and then he clearly says to just put them like this?
Just kidding, I don't blame you, it's a hard method to explain.

I had one of the originals years ago and I never could figure out the diagrams in the booklet so I ended up giving it away. Since this new version had a video tutorial I decided to give it another shot and finally got it working but it took some doing and for a while there I didn't think I was going to get it working. But lo and behold, it eventually just worked. I'm still never absolutely positive I've set it correctly until I check it because sometimes I still "miss" and find that it is not set up. But anyway, I had much more trouble understanding the printed material than the video.

I think the stumbling block for me was that Angelo doesn't specify on the video that the guide card is doing it's thing on 2 cards. I believe he just says to stick the guide in here and since you can't really see it clearly I thought it was just a single card but it's actually two cards. Once you get an idea of what's going on then yeah, it's obvious it would have to be 2 cards. But that is always a potential problem when the creator teaches one of their creations. They know it so intimately that its easy to skip over certain things or leave something out altogether.

Being in the video field for so many years it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I sometimes wonder if a magic tutorial video has ever been made that was shown to several people before releasing it in order to gauge how well the the subject was taught and if it is totally understandable. It's standard operating procedure in every other subject or item but in magic the consensus seems to be to rehearse the performance, but rehearse a tutorial video? What are you nuts? LOL I'm honestly not sure it's ever been done with magic. I'm not referring specifically to Angelo's tutorial but just in general to pretty much every one I've ever watched. Most do a fairly decent job but I have seen many horrendous ones that should have either been rewritten, reshot or both.

Oh well, once you stumble upon the correct set up for this it's an ultra cool effect with an amazing method. It does put some wear and tear on the cards so I'm going to get a back up while I still can.
I still have no idea how Angelo ever came up with this crazy thing but I'm glad he did!

Just got back from a long vacation and just read this. Thank you for the reply Videoman. I had a bit of FOMO, thinking the pdf might be better in terms of instruction. I am glad I am not the only one "out of order" with this trick. Now that I'm back, I will attempt to give it another try (didn't want to risk taking it on vacation for fear of losing/ruining it). It is such a clever trick f'sure, as are all of Angelo's. Also, watching Pete Firman's demo of this has really inspired me to learn this. Alex of Monster Magic (source of my purchase) has even written me stating he will work on another video with possibly a better explanation. Nothing but great support from him. If I have further mental roadblocks, I may contact Angelo himself on FB.