The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You Oughta Be In Pictures :: Call Me Crazy ... (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
But I think everyone should carry one of these twilight zonish toys with them.

People are always curious about this strange cheap little plastic thing.

I always carry one and if you present it as an impossible object, it spawns smiles and wonder.

Call me crazy.

https://youtu.be/alz2NrBOQ_k
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3879 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hello Crazy! Smile

There's also the trick with a little magic wand "threaded" onto a large safety pin. (The pointy end of the safety pin is poked through the center of the wand and the safety pin closed.) The wand visibly penetrates the opposing arm of the safety pin.

Same principle, different application.

Julie
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18080 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm game!!!!!! I want one .. Looking now!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18080 Posts

Profile of Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18080 Posts

Profile of Slim King
We are having a blast playing with this..... Smile
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3879 Posts

Profile of Julie
Now that you've become aware of this clever little apparatus, you might notice other artistic renderings in some of the re-sale/collectible lists. We have a couple of older variant pieces, one of which is X-rated (blush!). Smile

Julie
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
There was one made many years ago which had a baby being circumcised.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I've only seen the sword which I used on the video, and an alien one, which I also own, but I haven't seen any others around, would be cool to have different ones because these are just fun things to carry around.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

The older ones from the sixties were well made of metal and most of them are difficult to acquire. If you do find those, condition may be compromised and price would be high. I am speaking of EL TORO/ EL TORERO and the one I mention above which is way more rare than EL TORO.

The alien one available now is lame in my opinion and a very poor choice of design. Just not worth owning. The one before that one with the pirate is a better design and the one I carry around.

There were others made in between EL TORO and what is available now but do not seem to turn up very often if at all.

Certainly a fantastic optical illusion!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3879 Posts

Profile of Julie
I remember a couple or so years ago Meir Yedid was so enamored of this little apparatus he was selling a protective fitted (leather?) carrying case for a paltry $40.00. I don't recall whether this included the EL TORO or not.

Julie
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 25, 2022, Julie wrote:
I remember a couple or so years ago Meir Yedid was so enamored of this little apparatus he was selling a protective fitted (leather?) carrying case for a paltry $40.00. I don't recall whether this included the EL TORO or not.

Julie

That protective case was Delrin Acetal Homopolymer Resin. I believe that is a fancy way to say that it was 3D made using black filament but not certain. The included prop was the MAGIC SWORD (Pirate) version which was available just before the new alien one.
Carlosfa
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Carlosfa
I didn't know that toy