The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You Oughta Be In Pictures :: VCR (Visual Card Rise) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
This guy did a great job performing it. I'm honored by the title who ever posted it put on the video. Smile

Video

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Thanks Jaxon for the video, looks great!
I really like your VCR effect, it's in my wishing list.
Cheers!
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
191 Posts

Profile of Cheety
I thought the guy could have handled it better, but the trick was gr8, I remember seeing cyril do sumin similar
Mostly Harmless ^_^
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
.. blink blink. Where can I get this???? 0.o
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
290 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
Quote:
On 2006-10-07 20:46, Montethrower wrote:
.. blink blink. Where can I get this???? 0.o

I viewed Mr. Jaxon's site and the page mentions that it is available at Hank Lee's. You have to type "Visual Card Rise" in the search box because "VCR" won't bring up the product page that you need.

I've been interested in doing something along the lines of "Cardiographic" but on a smaller scale. This looks like a great option. I'm purchasing one today.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
WOW! I just watched this video again. It's a great feeling to see that a video of one of my tricks has gotten over 116,000 views. Go to the page and read the comments people have made. I know this might seem mean but some of them are funny (heat sensitive ink..LOL). Smile

Gotta get this back on the market. They're just so darn hard to make in large quantity.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Yes Ron! Please put this back on the market. I should have purchased this when it was available and I am now out of luck. Hopefully you'll be able to bring it back soon!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Well I have some news and I also have a question.

I now own the rights to this trick again. So I'm free to market it however I can. Here's the problem. I don't have the time right now to make a large number of them. Especially now with it being the fall season and lots of shows booked from now till the holiday season.

I know a lot of magicians are waiting for this so I'm trying to think of the best way to get it out there. They are hand made. I'm not saying that you'd need any special skills to make them beyond cutting and Guinea but they aren't the easiest things to make. They require a lot of adjusting to the gimmick to make it work smoothly.

That's why I'm debating on if this would be something that could be released as an E-book or video instructions on how to make them. There are many places to find the material to make it so that won't be too hard. Before I released it I made mine out of things I picked up at a grocery store. But I can just see the Emails piling up asking for help with problems they are having with the construction of the gimmick. Even with very accurate instructions it'll still require some adjusting ad maybe a little trial and error. In my experience this might **** some magicians off.

So, what do you think?

Ron Jaxon

Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I would be perfectly happy with an ebook, if you say that trial and error is gonna be a def, and that it will take some effort, then we will know that and so will be prepared.
Plus if people want it enough they'll spend the time to make it.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Ron,
Maybe take a few ebook/video orders and see what the results are. I'd be willing to buy one and be a guinea pig so to speak.
Like John Gerard, I have been interested in a close up Cardiographic type effect.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Hey Ron...I purchased your trick over a year ago from Hank Lee. I made up my own set using your design as a template. I made different rising cards so I can switch them out from time to time.

Bottom line...even though it is a bit time consuming to make up...it can be done, especially with your instructions. I would encourage you to put out your e-book.

On second thought...there are no magicians in my area performing "The Animated Card Rise" except for me. So don't put it out. Smile
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
I would also be interested in purchasing one, and testing out the methods for making it.....I make a lot of my gaffs and props...and so this looks like an interesting challenge for me. I have Martin Lewis' Making Magic Vol 1 DVD, where he shows how to build your own Cardiographic. I built it, and have performed it a dozen or so times with no problems.....

Let me know when and if this would be available...I have always wanted to perform the cardiographic style of effect in a more close up way.
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
I like the idea of an Ebook. That way we have a choice of card we want. By the way, I can't wait till you decide!
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
An affordable Ebook would be great!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Seeing as how the gimmick sold out so fast and it sold for $25. If I do release it as an E-book it'll probably be about $15. That's just my thinking right now anyway.

Right now I'm researching various sources one might find the right material to make it out of. Those who have it will know what I mean. I have a shot list right now but I feel that the more suggestions I can give as to where one might find the material the better. So if any of you have it and have any suggestions please let me know (Not here in public but PM or Email me please).

If I do this my add page will stress the fact that they will have to make this and possibly have to search out some of the material. I will tell you that I can go to walmart and find everything I need.

It would be great if I had a company of workers at my disposal to make them but I just don't have that. To make them by hand (Even with stencils and proper tools) they'd take about 10 to 20 minutes each to make. Finding time every day to make 4 or 5 of them still wouldn't be able to keep up with demands. So I'm sure you could imagine why I'm seeking other alternatives.

I'll start working on the Ebook but it might take a while. Starting next week Sean Bogunia and I will be performing 8 to 10 shows a day 4 days a week all next month. But I'll try to find time between to work on it.

Ron Jaxon

jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Ron,
keep us posted. good luck with the shows.
Thanks,
Jack
Jack Skalon

Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2547 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Put me down for an ebook as well on this awsome effect.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Hi Ron,
I know you've been busy, but did you ever decide to put out a PDF or Vid?
Thanks,
Jack
Jack Skalon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Just putting the finishing touches on the Ebook now. Should be out in the next couple of days. I'll come back here and let you all know.

Ron Jaxon

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Ron baby
You know we are buddies, so forget what Rich B says, what will this ebook cost?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"