The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You Oughta Be In Pictures :: Card Cheating Film I Made "The Mechanic" (The Trailer) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
If any of you remember, a while back I posted a video/film called "The Mechanic". Here is the trailer I made for it! For your enjoyment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIBi-MgJ5Zs
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
williamHerrick
View Profile
Regular user
Mountain View, CA
140 Posts

Profile of williamHerrick
It looks great and I have just one suggestion; put in a few more visual card moves like the nice looking turnover change (maybe a quick shot of the ace of spades turned face down on the deck, deal a few cards, then show the ace still on top of the deck), since this is a movie about cheating. I mean like the shots at the beginning of Shade...

I'm just saying this because the turnover change looked nice and I think your average layperson would be impressed by some more stuff like that...

--William
Will Gordon
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
124 Posts

Profile of Will Gordon
It's about time we had an indie magic film! Nice work and keep us posted about the finished product.
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
Wasnt this already published as a 15min short movie? So the final product is already ready Smile
Magic Is Life
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Haha yep. I posted the full one a while back. I think it's just a few topics below. Smile
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
tomrav
View Profile
Regular user
Middlesbrough,UK
167 Posts

Profile of tomrav
Brillian trailer, it's made me want to go and watch the film which is what a good trailer should do.

Well Done!
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Clock,

Its a bold and creative enterprise Clock. You have a promising future ahead of you. I do agree with William that more concentration on visual card moves would have been better. For me, the emphasis on the exchanging of suspicious looks between the young men threatened to push the whole enterprise into...well..somewhat less serious waters.

Regards,

Paul H
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Thanks Paul. Those words mean a lot.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Nice credits and all. Didn't saw much of real moves done. And didn't really liked that deck switch. To my knowlege deck switch would never will be attempted in one on one games. that's just my opinion, I may be wrong. Kind of reminding me of Shade wannabe. BUT you are the only one who actually done it so far, so well done.
Pavlo