The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You Oughta Be In Pictures :: ACR with Passes and DPS Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
Ive always felt the pop up move is the one move that can tip a spectator on the method
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Then you probably havn't done it correctly. or all magicians had luck over the last decades. and of course if you personally don't like this ending there are bunches of other killer endings, like the escalator, daryl's ambitious ending, the omni deck and so on, and so on.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Quote:
On 2006-06-24 12:08, vinsmagic wrote:

Nate one question why are you doing passes for ACR...

Why not? In an ACR demonstration on the Revelations DVD (Vol.1), Dai Vernon uses the pass no less than four times during a single routine. So I don't really see what the problem is.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Simon Tan
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
55 Posts

Profile of Simon Tan
AFAIK, there's really nothing stopping anyone using a pass in an ACR, or any other sleights for the matter. What's most important to me IMHO, is that there's no sudden change in rhythm/tempo in the way you perform the routine while you execute the sleights.

While some may prefer to use a pass instead of a DL for an ACR, it lacks variety in looks. Unless of course you can perform different passes all the time, else sooner of later people will know what to look out for. However, subtle usage of different sleights will help to achieve a sense of interest and variety. An ACR like any other routine is similar to a song. A few notes won't be enough to bring the ups and downs of a song, but variety does. With that said, any song needs to end somehow without boring an audience.

IMHO, I believe that any visual shuffling or undercutting that brings a card to the top should not be performed in an ACR. By shuffling or undercutting, the audience will perceive the rising of a card as credible, possibly by means of certain control through the shuffle/cut. Thus the impact is not as strong. No visual manipulation of the selected card once placed in the center should be seen, is what I believe the best way to perform an ACR.

The Tilt is one of the greatest way in start off an ACR with the above mentioned criteria. One lessly used sleight that can accomplish the same job is the Bluff Cut.

Nate, you may wish to combine a pass with a DL or even a TL to bring more impact in a triple-revelation sequence with less visual movement, though a Bluff Cut at the beginning of the routine can do so in half the time.