The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of Young Magicians! :: S.A.M. 2009 annual convention: Stars of Tomorrow! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
The S.A.M. is seeking young performers for the Stars of Tomorrow Show, a professional stage show that features magicians ages 7-17 at the annual S.A.M. National Convention. The convention takes place July 15-18, 2009, in Buffalo New York.

To audition, young magicians should submit an application, a video or DVD of the stage act (about five to ten minutes in length) that they would like to perform in the show, a biography and a photo for the convention program. Young magicians interested in emceeing the show should also include a sampling of introductions, jokes, and emcee bits in their videos. No fire may be used. The deadline for receiving applications is April 20, 2009.

The Stars of Tomorrow Show has become one of the most popular events at the annual convention. Performing in it allows young magicians to showcase their talent and to experience the magic of the convention. Each performer will be paid and will receive two free convention registrations (one for the performer, another for a parent), plus a year’s membership in the Society of Young Magicians.

Please encourage young magicians to audition for the show, help them polish their acts and submit their applications.

For information and an application form, please contact Marlene Clark, 435 Main St., Durham, CT 06422; 860-349-8149; afuntime@comcast.net; or visit the S.Y.M. website at http://www.magicsym.com and click on the “Stars of Tomorrow” photo.

Marlene Clark
S.A.M. National Secretary
Producer, Stars of Tomorrow Show, 2009
mleskanic
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of mleskanic
Is fire magic allowed?
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
I don't believe fire will be allowed, but a small piece of flash paper may not be a problem.
If you have any questions, you can contact me directly at afuntime@comcast.net

Sincerely,
Marlene Clark
Producer, Stars of Tomorrow Show
mleskanic
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of mleskanic
How many young magicians will be chosen to perform?
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Hi, Matt -
The show usually features 5 or 6 acts.
It's a great place to showcase your talent to a very supportive audience - magicians know how hard it is to prepare a stage act.
I hope you consider submitting an audition tape. If you're selected, you get 2 free registrations. You also will get to meet magicians from all over the world, and there are special events planned just for young magicians, including hang-out time. Beside, the convention will be great, especially with the day trip to Canada for magic and sight-seeing.
Hope to see you there -

Marlene
mleskanic
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of mleskanic
I hope to be there. The only problem is that Tannens Magic Camp is the same week. I will talk to my family about which one they think I should do.

Thanks for the help,
Matt
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Profile of MichaelOzMagic
Hi I was wondering if you had to be a member of the sym and the sam to be part of this
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Hi,

You don't have to be a member of either the S.A.M. or the S.Y.M. to perform in the Stars of Tomorrow Show.

If you perform in the show you will be paid, you will receive a free registration for yourself and a parent, *and* you will receive a year's membership in the S.Y.M.

You don't have to belong to the S.Y.M. or S.A.M. to attend the convention, either. Nonmembers will receive a one-year membership with their registrations.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

In Magic -
Marlene Clark
Producer, Stars of Tomorrow Show
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Profile of MichaelOzMagic
Do you think I still have time to send in a video. bcause I would love to be in this show!!!!!!!!
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Yes, you have plenty of time to send in an application and video - I have to receive it by April 20.

Go to http://www.magicsym.com and click on the "Stars of Tomorrow" graphic. That will take you to a page where you can download the information and application.

It's going to be a great show and a great Convention!

Good luck!

Marlene Clark
Producer, Stars of Tomorrow