The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Extreme Burn 2.0 Locked & Loaded Adhesive Choice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
78 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
I am curious as to the preferred method of making the gimmick, Elmers Rubber Cement vs Scotch Wrinkle-Free Glue Stick.

This question obviously not only pertains to this effect but to any bill effects requiring adhesion of one bill to another.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3086 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
The biggest advantage of rubber cement is its total removability if you decide to take apart the gadr
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
331 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
I was apprehensive about using rubber cement as it’s not something I had worked with before but when I made my extreme burn I grabbed a jar with the applicator brush built into the cap I sat down and watched the dvd and paused and went right along lock step with the dvd and it came out great. And as said above it has the advantage of being able to be completely removed from the bills if you ever need them
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
78 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
I made my first gimmick. I created a jig which allows me to place the bills together with extremely high accuracy. (It is a piece of wood into which I have placed thin wire brads in the exact outline of a US bill. One edge is at the exact end of the board and I have the thin brads at the other end. I leave a space mid bill where I use painter's tape. This accomplishes two things....precise placement of the cement and it holds the first bill in place as I put down the second bill. For future gimmicks however, I am going to place the locked and loaded parts at the same time rather than later. I will take a picture of the jib and put it up.)

However, I think I may have used too much cement because the gimmick is stiff. I did use brand new bills.

I am ultimately making 3 gimmicks. Two to be used in a routine. The first bill switch is from dollar bills to 2 dollar bills. Then I will do a switch from 2 dollar bills to one hundreds. (I tried 3D cash, but the gimmick is really way to thick.) So, I am going to use 2 and switch the out. The 3rd will be for a change to 20s when I want to freak people out and spend the 20.

The stiff problem is either too much cement or that the bills are brand new.

The other issue is that one and two dollar bills are of the older style. All the others that I am using, the 20s and one hundreds are of the new style.

The edge colors are different so I am going to have to handle them like foreign currency.