The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Two Sided Dollar Bill (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Does anyone make a two headed dollar bill? I know I could make one but would prefer something thin. Not having much luck searching for some good quality gaffed bills.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
"Thin"? I guess you are thinking of using paste.

A printer should be able to duplicate the color of the "head" side. There has been some discussion on what type of paper to use.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Was hoping someone made a gimmick 2 headed bill.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Never ran across a double sided dollar bill. In all the tricks I used them in, I had to glue 2 bills together. I used the white glue sticks, not the kids purple to clear kind. What is nice is if you have to separate them, all you do is run them under warm water, and pull them apart and rinse off the glue. Lay them on a towel to dry, and they are good as new.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Thanks Bill!
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Hey Mystification

I actually make double faced bills with zero extra thickness. The bills are real and 100% examinable. Shoot me an email at Josh@JustJoshinMagic.com if you want to talk
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Never ran across a double sided dollar bill. In all the tricks I used them in, I had to glue 2 bills together. I used the white glue sticks, not the kids purple to clear kind. What is nice is if you have to separate them, all you do is run them under warm water, and pull them apart and rinse off the glue. Lay them on a towel to dry, and they are good as new.

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. I needed a way to glue Philippine Peso bills together without damage/cost.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
If you want to get the "snap" sound perfect, carefully sand both the sides to be glued together w/light sandpaper until they're 1/2 as thick.then glue them together w/glue stick as suggested.now the bills feel and sound correct, not thick and sluggy...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Once again, Bill gives great advice. There is an advantage to having a thick bill. NObody will notice unless you tell them what it is.
LIke a thick card, it is easy to locate and ring in and out of an effect, because it is easy for YOU to detect it, not spectators watching the effect.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSBpWal9StI are sanded double-sided bills that have the feel and sound of legit ones.it is an easy matter to be deft enough to keep track of them.
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.