The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Canadian Money Bill Switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Hi Everyone,

Did some digging and couldn't find any forums on this - my apologies if this is a duplicate post.

With Canada having all plastic denominations (with clear sections), I am looking for a beautiful bill change. I used Extreme Burn and loved it, but unfortunately it does not work with the new Canadian bills Smile.

Any ideas?

Evan
miky
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of miky
I've tried and tried, but I've given up on pretty well all paper money effects with the polymer bills here in Canada. I do Sankey's Fan Mail, and am playing with some other ideas like mismade monopoly money. I still do Paul Cummins' Top Billing, but I find that anything requiring the folding or scrunching up of bills is simply not practical.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
I use Changeling to do a Canadian plastic $5 bill to a US $1 bill

https://youtu.be/1LIoastLDg0
Inviso
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Inviso
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2015, EvanMagic wrote:
With Canada having all plastic denominations (with clear sections), I am looking for a beautiful bill change. I used Extreme Burn and loved it, but unfortunately it does not work with the new Canadian bills Smile.

Any ideas?

Evan

Why does it not work with Canadian bills? What trouble are you having?
I am setting up a gimmick now with 5s and 20s and the windows line up perfectly.
The difficult part I find is that the folds must be worked in...well worked in.
The slickness of polymer bills requires more attention on the handling but the clear windows adds to the illusion.

Randy
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
Initially I was very apprehensive about the new polymer bills. However I absolutely luv them now.

I do the $100 bill switch every show & it took a bit of work to alter the handling a bit. But having done that, I much much prefer the new bills over the old paper one's.

As for Bill to Lemon they are absolutely a Godsend as they do not absorb juice and hold their form beautifully when doing the secret move Smile
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Any recommendations of the best way to work the folds in?