The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Tt bill switch problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hi guys,
ive been practicing (again) doing a bill switch using a tt but when I have the two folded notes out and the tt hidden in my left the tt keeps slipping down which makes it awkward to put the note back in.
When the tt is hidden in my left hand my hand is in an awkward position and if I try to bring it back up into where I need it to be it makes it very obvious that I'm hiding something.
If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it as its the reason I gave up on the bill switch routines a few years ago Smile

Kieran
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
You have to find the spot on your left palm that indents (lower area of a classic palm?). That is where the tip can be pushed against, being held in place by the ring finger on the edge of the opening of the TT. The bill switch can be done fairly clean without a TT as well - using a finger palm. Many magicians prefer not to use a TT, but still do a bill switch, since too many people know about the TT. In case you haven't heard of it - the Juan Pablo switch is pretty cool and worth trying.

performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prpsVfFv0_E

Penguin: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1385

Regards, Dennis
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Thanks for the reply dennis and will definitely look into getting the Juan Pablo switch, it does look amazing!

Kieran
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
I picked up http://www.ammarmagic.com/thumbtip-bill-......-dv.html several weeks ago.
I have his switch in two of his publications but nothing beats learning it using his "Super learning chapter" for me. I played it super slow and it is awesome to see all of the proper position without having to keep looking at the pictures and reading the description from a book.
The super leaning chapter is genius because you get tons of practice by going along with Michael.
P.S
I'll have to check but I thing Juan Pablo's switch is in the "Switch" book.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I had the same problems when starting out Kieran.
It gets better after exstensive practice.
Todd
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
How are the angles with the Juan Pablo Bill Switch?

Lou
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
From what I can recall, your left thumb can, at points, also somewhat anchor the tip
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I had the same problem and changed to doing the switch without a TT.
I prefer doing it without the TT but I for my bill in lemon, I will have to use the TT.
I will try the suggestions in this thread.
Thanks
Ihor
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
390 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
Magick Balay had a fantastic handling of a TT switch. Maybe it's included in his Four Corners release?
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2015, JBSmith1978 wrote:
Magick Balay had a fantastic handling of a TT switch. Maybe it's included in his Four Corners release?

I think you meant to say Four Quarters.
Ihor
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
409 Posts

Profile of Jay
Magick Balay's Four Quarters is the only switch I use. In my pocket at all times and it is wonderful!
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
I was having the same problem while doing inception. It feels weird doing the switch while the tt in your left hand trying to conceal it.
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
After playing around with a couple of different switches, I found magick baley's four quaters the best, so simple to do and the switch happens in seconds. Cannot recommend this enough! Thanks JBSwitch1978 Smile

Kieran