The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: The World's Greatest Counterfeiter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2723 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Did anyone see the special on 20/20 about Frank Bourassa. It was a great story, made over $250m in counterfeit bills that they were virtually undetectable even by the Feds. He was freed from his crime and only had to pay a $1700 fine. This brings me to a question, would it be of any value if there was a pdf teaching how to make and print say a mismade bill. Printing money has always been a problem. Or,if you didn't have the software, would you be willing to pay a reasonable price for them printed.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Steve:

I'm surprised others haven't responded.

I think there a number of people on the Café that would be interested knowing how to cheaply produce mis-made bills for their shows(and there have been threads on this topic). From what I remember, there were 3 issues that people were dealing with: getting their printer/scanner to print/copy bills (there are marks on the bills to prevent this), the green color is hard to replicate, and what paper to use (to give reasonable texture and durability).

There are probably some that would be willing to buy them, but that raises a potential liability.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
There is a trick on the market, can't remember the exact name, but the props include 2 identical $1.00 bills, both with the same serial number.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2723 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On May 5, 2015, magicHart wrote:
There is a trick on the market, can't remember the exact name, but the props include 2 identical $1.00 bills, both with the same serial number.

BTIL
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
THECLAW
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of THECLAW
I saw the show it was awesome. He was able to producer a bill right down to the fibers and shiney paint. If I recall correctly he got caught because his family memebers went to the same shops several times spending hundreds of dollars in counterfeits each time.

Im not sure if there would be a big market for the mismade bill. I have one and wouldnt need more.
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
89 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
I once met a dealer on a fair that sold flash paper dollar bills that looked really legit.
Sadly I have never seen anything like that again.
I once tried to print my own but the printer ignited the paper while printing. I probably made my paper way to reactive.
But yes, a well done mismade bill is something I would pay money for.
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2723 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I still might do a pdf with the how to. It would probably sell for about $5/$6. The only thing you would need is photoshop or access to ps.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just make it a high quality PDF with only the bills on the page. No need to have access to a high end software program.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3526 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
There is no need to print anything yourself in order to make a mis-made bill.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge