The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Bill switch without a TT? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
Does anyone know any bill switches without the use of a t**** t*p???
Thanks
MARKC
View Profile
New user
UK
72 Posts

Profile of MARKC
The book Switch by John Lovick
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Agreed. That book contains several TT and non-TT methods, and acquitments for dealing with the dirt in either case. I did a review on this book a while back which included a demo of a non-TT handling from the book. You can see it here:

http://www.magicbookreport.com/2012/03/s......-lovick/

SPOILER ALERT: As good as the handlings are, the best part of the book are the myriad presentations. It was a pleasure for me to find that there are so many applications for this that completely obfuscate the method.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Having trouble placing the folded pasteboard in the TT. Smile
TH

Occupy Your Dream
failed_drummer
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of failed_drummer
Mobius Switch by Glenn West (on the Blue Crown) uses ideas from Switch, but it might be easier to learn from since it's a video.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
The original book/pamphlet on The $100 Bill Switch had a method of doing this without a TT...
I think that was the book that started the idea...

sey
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Steven is correct. However, most of the modern tipless handlings employ fewer folds which create several advantages over the original. This original tipless switch is also contained in the Switch book, along with 5 or 6 other tipless methods. The handling in employed in my demo above is Lovick's own handling. I had been a devotee of Danny Garcia's switch (also in the book) until I read Lovick's. Once I got the hang of it I realized I'd never go back.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
Paul Wilson. I believe it's on The WGM Thumb tip DVD.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
vinkelhaken
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
179 Posts

Profile of vinkelhaken
Jarle Leirpoll; Pocket power
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
496 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
The Lovick switch mentioned by Steven can be found in Reel Magic Issue 1. You get the no TT bill switch PLUS a bunch of other cool stuff.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Steven,

I just checked out your book review and site. Fantastic! What a great resource for informational book reviews.

Thanks,

Mark
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Steven,
I also think you did an incredible bang up straight to the point review of Switch. I already owned it but pulled it back out and instead of just learning the no gimmick version that Roger Sherman, ( close family friend of Mike Gallo ) taught me years ago, I'm reading it cover to cover so my Al Baker book gets a rest for awhile.
Thank you again Steven!!!
Bill
Nicholas Night
View Profile
New user
Lansing Mi
93 Posts

Profile of Nicholas Night
I believe greed by Daniel Garcia would work?
That is a multiple change trick however. 1-5-10-20. With an optional ending of changing it into a fifty cent piece.
Thought the bill isn't examinable, it's easily handled by offering to hand out the 20 as a gift, but instead saying, "Wait. Want a 50 instead?" Of course they say yes, then you turn the bill into the 50 cent piece and give them that.

Hope this helps.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Ron Bauer has work on this doesn't he?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jay Sterling showed me a fabulous method using a paper clip. It is not reversible, but it is a thing of beauty.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Marc DeSouza has a nice, straightforward one in the context of an entertaining routine in his effect "Picasso's Bill," which is in his book "DeSouza's Deceptions."
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Jedo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Jedo
Hypno-Bill by Phanthomas
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
Most tipless bill switches just utilize the same motions as a regular switch. Two different really different takes are Richard Sanders' Visi-Bill and David Regal's Origami Bill. See also Arthur Tivoli's switch here:

http://www.lsp-fr.com/videos/bill_switch-tivoli.wmv
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Chad Long does a really nice bill switch routine with a twist on the DVD for "Scratch." No TT, and you're totally clean before they have any idea that you're doing a magic trick.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-12-25 22:20, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Chad Long does a really nice bill switch routine with a twist on the DVD for "Scratch." No TT, and you're totally clean before they have any idea that you're doing a magic trick.

I do love Scratch by Chad Long but that's really not the same kind of bill switch as is being discussed here. The tipless switch being discussed is the immediate/instant bill change, e.g., Mike Koslowski's original classic. Scratch uses the change it does as part of a routine. That switch would never fly as a stand-alone bill switch.

Jim