The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Making million dollar bills look feel more real.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
From Florida but all over US now....
294 Posts

Profile of donkeys and waffles
Hey all,

I recently bought 100 million dollar bills off of ebay. Thank you, drinks on me...lol.... They are very nice and I like them a lot. I have taken a few out and played with them in my hands to get the body oil on them, they "feel" pretty real but I am curious if anyone has a method to make them feel more like a 1 dollar bill or something. I am obviously not trying to pass off a million dollar bill to anyone, just want to use them in my changes, hundy,EB2.0 etc and would like a more authentic feel. The color is great, the size is dead exact as real bills and they will fool ya if your not paying attention and I was told they were not inkjet copies, they feel very nice and don't bleed as I got one wet to check... anyway any thoughts ? Cheers.
3 people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... Benjamin Franklin
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Wow, no thoughts ?
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Donkey,
I've ordered three different types from three different sources and didn't even get the quality you did.

I'm also on the quest and I'm leaning toward buying the best paper I can get and printing my own.

Can you post a pic of the ones you have? They sound better than anything I've been able to find, but I'd like to see one to be sure. If PM is better, we can chat there...
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Writall,

I am very happy with the look and overall quality that I received, but obviously they werent printed on linen or whatever paper real money is. I was thinking like some 2000 grit sandpaper or something. I did dirty them up a bit and got some of my natural hand oil on them and rubbed them and folded them back and forth against other real bills, better but I may have to get some sandpaper to lightly change the feel but noone else has responded yet. Anyway, I will attempt to take a few pics and post them for you.
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

I tried to post a few pics but to no avail, I read about it and it must be a certain size, I took them with my phone and they are low pixel pics but it wont let me post, pm me your email address and I will shoot them over to you.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
SentPM.
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

I have worked on mine with 2000 grit sandpaper and it has given it a much better feel. I ironed them after the fact and crumpled them up a bit and re ironed. They feel really good now. I am going to experiment with them. I have a few other ideas but from just a feel without looking, it has become very difficult by feel to tell the one dollar bill I have (that has some wear to it ) from the one million dollar bill.... If I ever get this perfect, I will post again... Anyone else have any other ideas ?

If you do this, make sure you have quality made 1 million dollar bills, as the sandpaper will take ink off immediately if they are just inkjetted.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Donkey - can you please tell us where you purchased these bills?

Thanks!

Jim
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I posted a while back regarding buying authentic looking bills. I really could not find anything suitable.

I tried scanning a $100 bill for use in different bill switch effects.
Unfortunately, my scanner stopped and a window popped up telling me it is illegal to scan US currency.
Perhaps an older scanner would work or scanning small sections and then stitching them together in Photoshop.
Anyway, I didn't pursue it because of the time involved. I did see some type of linen paper at Staples. I was thinking of trying this when I get back to this project.

I am also curious where you bought your bills.
Ihor
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
Million Dollar Bill

http://www.millbill.com

The front page says they look real they feel real...
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On 2012-10-18 11:30, Rudy wrote:
Million Dollar Bill

Wow! $5 for one bill and $12 for shipping.
Ihor
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Jim,

Here you go. I got the "traditional" looking bills and they look pretty nice. I will include the link below. They also say they feel real, I guess technically they do as a new crisp uncirculated bill feels stiff and such. I have experimented some more and have mine looking and feeling great. I know this sounds crazy but I took a few and tried different scenerios. The one that is best to me, is tidy cat cat litter (unused, save the jokes! lol..) and just crush the granules into a powder with a can or something, then rub the bills back and forth against the powdered litter, you will know when it is enough as they get soft and kinda used looking. BTW, they do not have a smell at all really, maybe a hint of clay but that's it, I have them worked into my hundy 500 gimmick and they look and feel great and upon initial flip,people think they are 100s...

This company has newer style 1 million dollar bills too but I opted for the old style. The shipping was super fast and 1oo bills for 16 dollars is the way to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370535742707?ssP......39.l2649
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-18 11:30, Rudy wrote:
Million Dollar Bill

I personally don't like the look of them (along with the price) but that's just me. I have never seen a million dollar bill since real ones have never been made so I guess they could look like that. I just think having recognizable design on a million adds to the effect. I even had one guy convinced they were real, he was holding them up to the light and looking through them. I just laughed about it but they are definitely convincing especially after working them in and wearing them in should I say...

BTW, Zero affiliation with company I linked on here, I just bought them straight out and thought they were a good clean bill for a good price..

Donkey out
hocuspocusjay23
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of hocuspocusjay23
This is not actually a bad price, considering most magic tricks
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

I took these millions out last night and hadnt planned on doing anything but ran into a few friends and ended up getting into a few card effects and ultimately was ask to do a money trick ( some of my friends are great but volunteer me to do this or that effect ) . I did Hundy 500 started with the 2 dollar bills and turned them into 20s and then 20s to the 1 million dollar bills. I handed a few of them out and a few people truly thought they were real, I explained otherwise but they said they looked and felt real and it fooled them. I am happy with the way they turned out as they do look and feel really really good... just thought I would share...
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Hey donkey - I received my order of million dollar bills today. Very nice! Thanks for the heads up!

Jim
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I ordered them too. When they arrive, I'll try the cat litter thing and report back.

On a side note, doesn't this seem like something Penguin or another dealer would sell? I'm planning on giving mine away and it would be nice to have a steady source.
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

No problem guys, glad you like J MAC, and yeah Writeall, I tht penguin would have them, I think this the company we ordered from has been around a while so it should be all good.. btw, you get 10 percent off next order and we should order together next time, I think if you buy 300, you get 100 free, so 33 extra for free a piece.. I give mine out too...finally, the best I have come up with is that cat litter crushed and before I rub them in, I crumpled the bills quite a bit and the powder does seem to get in the bills and then iron them out and fold for Hundy, eb etc......let me know how they turn out for ya.. oh and remember you can keep piece that bonds w r****r c###nt perfectly clean to get superior adhesion......
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I got mine a few days ago and made an EB 2.0 gimmick using the Million Dollar Bills.
I also give 1 or 2 away when performing EB 2.0.
I will definitely be buying more when I start running low.
Ihor
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I got 'em, but I'm a bit disappointed. With a hundred of them sitting here, I'll use them, but to be honest, I think the colors are poor. The green isn't really green on the back (kinda brown, even) and the black on the front isn't black enough. Hold one up to a real bill of any denomination and you'll see what I mean. I haven't done the kitty litter thing yet and will see if that improves things. Paper quality seems good. Size is spot on.