The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Storing Gaffed Bills (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
nagi cpa
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of nagi cpa
Just wondering - what is the best way to store gaffed bills - flat or folded?

Specifically I'm referring to bills that are modified to work with effects such as changing denominations ($1 to $5) or national currency. Since a lot of those effects involve folding bills, is it best to leave them folded or store them flat?
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
If you're referring to storing bills in your wallet, I've stored most of my gaffed bills folded and have had no trouble with wear and tear. Some of my bill effects are stored "unfolded" in the billfold section of my wallet but end up with a slight fold in them due to the contour of the wallet (bi-fold) when it's placed into my pocket. However, this slight curve has no bearing on how I use them in performance and I can easily straighten out the bills as needed once removed from my wallet. I don't use a "secretary" style wallet so keeping them perfectly flat is not an option for me.
nagi cpa
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of nagi cpa
Thanks afknight!
dtextreme
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of dtextreme
All my money effects have a fold, so I store them folded in my wallet. In addition, it's a nice way to distinguish your gaffed bills and your regular bills. However, storing them folded will make your wallet thicker, and you will have to be careful when taking them out--spectators might think there's a trick since those bills are folded when your other bills aren't, as well as the unnaturalness of placing folded bills in a wallet.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Naturalness is the reason I recommend storing Steve Dusheck's bill for his Paper Punch routine (in The Wizards' Journal #20 on my site) unfolded in your wallet, while the gimmicked bill remains secretly folded behind it. Even if you are going to borrow a bill from a spectator, your bill should come out unfolded and then be folded as a demonstration on how you want the spectator to fold his bill before you make the switch.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals