The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Stretch A Buck by Dave Devin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I wanted a funny climax for the 6 Bill Repeat trick, seen this Clearance item on Hocus Pocus and thought I would give it a try. Been have lots of fun with it at restaurants and the like. People roarer with laughter.

The bill is made out of Tyvek, the indestructible material they use to build houses. There is heavy paper version on the market as well, but this will take the use. It is 15 inches long when extended. Very easy to do. The instructions mentions borrowing a bill to stretch, but no instructions or ideas on accomplishing the effect this this way. I know it can be worked out, but some successful suggestions would have justified the advertising.

The best looking illusion is when the bill is bowed out in the middle with the thumbs and slightly twisted. Great comedy item!
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
I got this from Hocus Pocus also, but I was very disappointed because it was only folded paper to make it look stretched rather than real stretchable product.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well, all I can say is that I had a whole restaurant laughing and fooled, they keep asking me to do it again. Told them it cost $25 to stretch a bill. And by the way it is not paper, it is tyvek, there is a difference.

I don't understand how many magicians just look at a package when they get it and say it is no good or they are disappointed in it. Try before people, that is what magic is all about. I have a trunk of tricks, they do no good at all if other people are not shown the effect.

Again, I did not borrow a bill, just pattered about how I make the my dollar stretch for the restaurant price increases, or Obama is causing us to stretch our money.

The old rubber bill I had as a child, but it did not look anything like a bill and it snapped back, so visually it is not good for a display item in a routine.

If you do not like yours, you can send it to me, I will use it for you.
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
You mentioned there is a heavy paper version in the market, I wonder if that's the one I received. Is yours have the stretchable material, or is it folded in two sections then pulled to appear it is stretched?
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3531 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I've been waiting for this to be released for some time now. I wonder when it will be available to local magic shops?
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
165 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
I have seen this in The Magic Apple and I did get to handle it before it was on the market. He was in Hollywood Magic and showed the bill. It is very strong because of the tyvek paper and wont tear. He also talked about having to talk with the secret service to print the currency.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have been looking for a video of this, but have not found one. Anybody know?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-03-22 09:46, Magicdoc88 wrote:
You mentioned there is a heavy paper version in the market, I wonder if that's the one I received. Is yours have the stretchable material, or is it folded in two sections then pulled to appear it is stretched?

I do not expose secrets on the Café, it is my rule and the Café's rule. All I can say is re-read my origianl post. I give my handling, and if you have one as you say, then pull it out and walk to a mirror and try my handling.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Daffydoug, you may have a very long wait, it is only $12.00. It will probably not fool magicians, it is a wonderful magic gag.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I like that after the stretch you an hold the bill in the center out stretched while only holding it with the 1st finger and thumb. No it does not snap back.

It is a comedy gag!!! I just bought 3 more, it is that good.

Be careful their is a version on the market that is made out of heavy paper and will tear. Make sure you get the Dave Devin model.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Mine arrived today. I'm pretty happy with it. I like the fact that it is tyvex so I know it is going to last me till the cows come home, or until the real dollar crashes.

Anyway, It looks good. I think that it may even fool some people, and for those who aren't fooled you can just pass it off as a gag. So either way you win.

The one thing I DON'T like is the fact that Dave plastered his name on it. We could have done without that.

After all, if I had created this, I wouldn't plaster Daffy Doug all over it. It says they went through great expense to produce these, so why did they spend money to put the name of a magician on there that spectators won't recognize and who looks totally out of place on an otherwise realistic stretched bill??

Those of us who purchase this are not out to promote Dave, (Although I'm thankful that he made this) we're out to promote own magic.

If they would take that off of the bill, it would be perfect.

Just my opinion.

Posted: Jul 12, 2010 3:45pm
Other than the one negative aspect I just mentioned, this has table hopping written all over it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Daffydoug,

I never let the spectators handle the bill, so they really do not even get to read anything on it. If they would they would then say, Oh! All you did was do this."
------------------------------------------------
This looks so good it is amazing. I found if you bow the bill and twist a little your hands in reverse directions as you separate your hands, the illusion is perfect. Take a look in the mirror. WOW!!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'll try it. As I said, even if they figure it out, you can still pass it off as just a throwaway gag.

But I still plan to carry this with me wherever I go. Perfect for those seemingly "impromptu" moments.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I get a lot out of it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
And that is not stretching the truth!

Posted: Jul 21, 2010 9:09pm
Since I bought this, I have gotten more use out of it than just about any effect in recent memory. And I seriously mean that!

When I pay for things at a store, and they hand me back ones, I secretly add the gimmicked bill to the pile, and say "You know, it's really hard these days to find ways to stretch your dollar."

Completely natural and organic. Extremely easy to slip in the effect when every one is totally off guard.

Love it!!
Dave Devin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Dave Devin
Thanks for the comments guys. We are preparing to release the new "PRO PACK" Stretch-a Buck which will include $1,$5,$10'$20'and $100 bills. All are tyvek and the samples look great. They are at printer as we speak, and release should be in next 30 days. Daffys post was well taken, and the new bills do not carry the Devin logo on front. Also, the price for the complete package of five bills brings the price down to $8.00/bill. Package will retail at $40.00. Quite a savings and much more for your hard earned cash. Once again thanks for your input and supporting the products. You may want to look up Dave Devin's "BIG 1" Another Tyvek expanding bill. Check with Paul Gross at Hocus-Pocus, or post me for more details.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Now that is some exciting news!! Wow!!! Stretching a one is cool, but the option of stretching ANY denomination is the ultimate!

I can't wait to get my hands on 'em! Count me in as the first customer!
Dave Devin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Dave Devin
Thanks Daff........ Met with printer to approve final copy. Much more difficult with all the added coloration especially in the $10, but still guarenteeing completion on time for 30 day release. Let me know when you get yours!
igr8mgkman
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of igr8mgkman
The stretch a buck.... I have seen the new bills and they look great... when I do the trick I do hand it out and the people think it is cool ... when they pick it up and look at it they can't believe that the middle is stretched and they always are shocked ....so can't wait to use the stretch 100 dollar bill in my 100 dollar bill routine ....
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You actually hand it out and let them discover that it is Tyvec???
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-07-23 10:45, daffydoug wrote:

More importantly he lets them know it was only a creative fold, and he is not a magician, because they can do it now as well.

I found with the twisting and bowing the bill stretches out end to end and looks great, no need to hand my money to people.

I learned a long time ago not to hand out items, I use to do Roy Johnson's Cent trick. It ended with the production of a small perfume bottle. The ladies always kept the bottle. At $25.00 an ounce it got rather expensive to perform and to find the small bottles after a while.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-07-23 19:11, wmhegbli wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-07-23 10:45, daffydoug wrote:

More importantly he lets them know it was only a creative fold, and he is not a magician, because they can do it now as well.

Well that too, is what I was wondering about.

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 10:53am
Just got back from Arkansas where I performed for my fiance and her family. I have to tell you that of all the effects I performed THIS was the single most requested one. All I heard was "Do the one where you stretch dollar!" They wouldn't let me go on this!

They never caught on because before I left I heard them say "You have three stretched dollars now!"

(Of course because of the quick reset, it was the same buck,) but they don't need to know that.

The most common question I heard was "Can you put it back the way it was?"